Post Thanks / Like

RT and SRT tension struts the same?

Hello all I just got done swapping out my tension struts since one of them went bad. I have a 13 Blacktop RT and was looking to upgrade since I had to replace them anyways. While researching, people were suggesting to get the SRT tension struts since they were better than the RT's and the Police Chargers. I ended up buying them from Rock Auto and while swapping them out I noticed the SRT ones were the same ones that I had in my car already.
    Im just curious if that sounds right since the SRT tension struts were more expensive, was I ripped off? Or is it possible that they sent me the wrong parts? Any input would be appreciated!
    Pic below showing the new and old part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the only real difference between the RT and SRT is the struts, springs and shocks. All the other hardware upper arms/joints lower arms and hours are the same.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    MODS: AIRAID cai, Heartthrob cat back, Diablo 91 CAI, 180 T-stat, BT Catch can
    Thanks Lbcharger562 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    On the older cars there was a definite difference in the SRT and non-SRT parts. The bushing was significantly different, and the non-SRT bushings ripped themselves apart due to gaps in the rubber around the metal mount in the center. It's my suspicion but not proven by me, anyway, that they went to the SRT design later because of so many suspension problems with the older cars.

When I look up the parts for a 2013 on RockAuto I only see Mopar offerings for the upper arm, not the lowers in your pic. What exactly did you buy? Because it looks like you got OEM.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Thanks Lbcharger562 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    On the older cars there was a definite difference in the SRT and non-SRT parts. The bushing was significantly different, and the non-SRT bushings ripped themselves apart due to gaps in the rubber around the metal mount in the center. It's my suspicion but not proven by me, anyway, that they went to the SRT design later because of so many suspension problems with the older cars.

When I look up the parts for a 2013 on RockAuto I only see Mopar offerings for the upper arm, not the lowers in your pic. What exactly did you buy? Because it looks like you got OEM.

Richard
    These are the 2 different types of tension struts that rock auto sells. I went back and realized that you guys are right about RT and SRT tension struts being the same on newer cars. I'm still wondering what's the difference between the police chargers and srt struts since they list different PN. Screenshot_20180613-091402.jpg

Edit: just realized pic is blurry Idk why but PN for SRT struts are 4670508AF, 4670509AF VS Police 5168652AC, 5168653AC
    Last edited by Lbcharger562; 06-13-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up! I was starting to think it was maybe the blacktop package that reason it was upgraded lol.
    Does this apply to the rear suspension/steering as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by I.R.-LEGEND View Post
    Yeah the only real difference between the RT and SRT is the struts, springs and shocks. All the other hardware upper arms/joints lower arms and hours are the same.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app