Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea what actually caused the failure. It started knocking on cold start, and warm up shortly after the recall was done. I personally can not see how the timing chain work could cause the cam failure, unless the tech let a lot of crap get in the motor. Either way, its got a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the engine now, and It will never EVER go back to that location for work.
    2012 Charger R/T AWD Daily driver
    2001 RCSB chevy silverado Drag truck
    2000 Jeep XJ
    1953 M38A1 Military jeep
    1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Tube chassis car (build in progress)

Post Thanks / Like
    The timing chain recall does only technically pay 3.7 hours. However, those who have never worked at a dealership typically don't understand the problems with working at one as a technician. As a technician you're pulled in fifty different directions by service writers or managers or you're waiting on parts or something else. Not to mention cars do need time to cool off. Can't expect someone to work on a scalding hot car doing engine work. Then you run into the problem of dealership scheduling and how they constantly like to over book their appointments not fully understanding that certain repairs are more difficult and time consuming. Also depends on if the technician doing the job was also working on another vehicle before yours they had to finish. And, then there's the repair itself. If all goes smoothly there will be no stuck or stripped or broken bolts. All a bunch of different variables.
    Likes LuvinMyCharger, hotrod1, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    One flaw, IMO, is in many cases the service adviser has never worked as a dealership mechanic (technician).

My current dealership problem is the service manager. That weasel is most definitely an oxygen thief. I'd bet he has never held a wrench. Just a bean counter with too much authority over something he knows nothing about.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2017 Go Mango Challenger T/A
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2015 Charger Hellcat #0771

Post Thanks / Like
    As a dodge tech- loved the last two replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have to add that the warranty group at dodge is just as bad. Called yesterday and got the snottiest woman giving me crap cuz my car is not on the recall list. my damn car almost burned up with a alternator failure. Seems like dodge doesn't give a **** once they sell ,a car. Oh i had a recall on another dodge about a year ago still waiting for the dealership to call when the parts come in. One year later no call, yes i called they several times already.

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.80 Atco Raceway Drag Radials 11/14

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 98.84 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 125.74 @ VMP 9/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Took mine in for timing chain, guide and tensioner recall. Instead of unscrewing my shaker, they yanked it out stripping the screw ports. Now the shaker is held in place while hood is closed. Well, didnt notice the shaker until way later. However, I immediately started getting a chirping sound every morning after getting my car back. Took it back for them to tell me that the water pump was going out. They replaced it without a charge. Here is the kicker: My car is on bags. Someone played with the touchpad and lowered my car. They then drove it not realizing it was slammed for some reason, turned the wheel and flared out my fenders. The sad part is that they called me to tell me the car was ready, new pump in and no more chirping. They pulled the car out and handed me the keys with a smile. I always do a walk around before I leave any mechanic shops so thats when I saw the damage. I was so pissed. I guess they expected for me to drive off then blame me for it. Not going to happen... I called the manager and supervisors and showed them the damage. They compared with the initial pictures they take before they take in the cars and saw that the damage wasnt there when it was dropped off. Well, they had the car for about 2 weeks. They had repair the fender, paint and wrap the car. They also damaged the whole car wrap. Such a bad experience at this dealership!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    So a further update for you all.... When they replaced the motor in feburary 2017... The tech forgot to refill the transmission. I have been fighting a surge issue, and done a lot of diagnostics and parts swapping to figure out the issue. I checked, double checked, and triple checked every sensor on the motor, and ended up replacing them all one at a time, as the issue was present, but nothing effected it. I also noticed that the car would always shift early, and try to keep the RPMS at or around 1200 rpms while cruising under load.

500 miles after the motor was changed, I took it to a reputable local tire and service shop. I had the engine oil changed to Amsoil, and requested that all other fluids be checked because the motor was just out. They told me, and gave me a check showing that the trans fluid was full and clear....

The car has no leaks, no drips, no bad seals, and nothing to indicate any loss of transmission fluid....

Fast forward to september. I have had some of the top diagnostic mechanics in new england look at the car, and all of them point to TQ converter failure. So the trans fluid is checked for level, and condition. The fluid has some discoloring but not horrible, and its almost 2 quarts low. So the tech that was working on diagnosing it for me as a favor, climbs all over it looking for a leak, and can find nothing, not even a wet spot, or a stain.

So I stop back at the shop that checked it over, and ask flat out, if they checked it, and I explained that it was a bit of a process to check it, and you need a special dip stick. The service writer, who I know and trust from going there with mine and my wifes car when I can't do the work my self... looks up the process on the computer, and tells me with no doubt, that the tech pencil whipped it and there was no way that he checked it on an oil change.... save this nugget for later

So I drive from the shop to the dealer that changed the motor. I explain it all to the service manager, and get the rolling eyes a lot, and pointed questions that are intended to deny the responsibility. He has no where to go with it, and my answer to his final question makes him want to take a look at the car, and make his own diagnosis. He asks me what would make me think that they should repair it, and that they are responsible for it. me.... "Picture this, you are sitting over on the left side, I am on the right, and there is a judge sitting in the middle.... I explain that when I got the car back, the A/C didn't work, and that the refrigerant was over filled by 1.2 pounds, it was diagnosed, documented and repaired but a different location of the same dealership.... Then I explain that the engine coolant was almost a gallon low, which again was diagnosed as not being filled, and repaired by the other location.... So now that I can establish documented issues that relate to doubt, and establish my burden of proof, who do you think the judge will side with..." service manager... long pause, and stare down..."let me have the car for a few days to take a look at it, and diagnose it. I am not saying we agree, or will pay for it, but we will start with that and go from there."

a week and a half pass, and I get a call that they can not duplicate the issue. So I head down and take the service manager and the shop foreman for a ride, and with in a mile have it surging, and chattering, they look like ghosts, and are very quiet, and tell me to just go back. A couple more days go by, and they call me and tell me that they do agree on the TQ converter being the issue, and that its $1650 to walk in and have it done, that they would have $850 in parts cost in it, and that they would split it with me and eat the labor, so my cost would be $425. Well I know to double check every thing that they do, so I said **** it, do it. I picked the car up a week later, and that was a mess on its own, literally and figuratively.

I get a call at 11 am saying that its done, and just needs a road test and will be done at 4 for pick up. I call at 1:30, and confirm that it will be done, as its an hour drive, and I had a buddy headed up to give me a ride. I was told I would get a call back in 10 mins and that call never came. So my buddy shows up, and we head to the dealer any way. He slows down, so I can jump tuck and roll, and I'm out, and he is off. I walk into service, and am greeted by a surprised service writer, who says... ****, I was supposed to call you... well the car aint done... I said no problem, get me a rental car, and I will pay your daily rate on it.... 2 hours later, the car is done. Its covered with transmission fluid hand prints... passenger window, both fenders, hood, grill, engine cover, core support cover... covered.... So I make them wash it. Pay the $425 and I am off. Car drives at is should and issue is fixed.

Two days later the car is at my buddies shop on the lift for an oil change, and a full check over. every thing is good, and looks fine, except the front splash shield. They had to access two bolts under it, and decided to take a grinder to it, and grind it open to get to the bolts, so my splash shield now has two large holes ground through it, and I will be headed to the dealership tuesday morning to order a new one, and make them know that they should be paying for it. Now I know that you get more with sugar than vinegar, but its time to burn this bridge, and blow up the remains. Final straw with those morons.

Now remember the tire place? I stopped in with the receipt for $425 that the repair cost me. The service manager remembered me, asked how I made out, and I told him that the dealer covered the repair except $425 of it. The dealer felt that that it was their fault for leaving the fluid out, but they also felt that I should have checked the fluid level at some point. I told the tire shop guy that I feel that I requested and paid for that service through them, and that they did not do it. I handed him the receipt, and told him that I didn't expect them to pay it, and that I just wanted them to know what happened, and how it sucks when some one ignores a step in a check up. I told him I would appreciate it if they would look into it, and do what they think is right. 3-4 days go by and I don't hear any thing. then I get a call. The service manager of the tire shop tells me that he spoke to corporate, and they would like me to swing by when I get a chance, and they would personally issue me a refund for the full $425. He said that they agreed that they were asked, and paid to do it, they had the tools and ability to do it, and they simply did not do it, and told me that they had. I went down and got the refund, thanked them, and told them how appreciative I was that they took care of it. I will continue to use them, as they were open to talking about an issue, and also took responsibility for it, which today, is above and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like
    OHHHHH>>> back to LEE dodge in westbrook...

When I dropped the car off, it had 7/8ths of a tank of fuel. They put 108 miles on it during the 3 weeks that they had it. When they gave it back, it was EMPTY, with the fuel light on.

Post Thanks / Like
    We need to keep a centralized list of blacklisted dealerships.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, Lee Dodge in westbrook is a ****ing joke... The location in Auburn is decent, and I haven't had any issues yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rough couple days for you my friend.
    Never trust a service department in a dealership, I did once and never again.
    Had a 2010 Challenger with the 3.5 in for a timing belt replacement and they left it off one tooth on one camshaft. Went back 3 times and they denied it every time until I tore it apart myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes you wonder about the value of paying for a new car with a warranty. Also makes me feel better about buying a 11 year old car with practically no miles on it for less than half the sticker. Yeah it's out of warranty, but it's still almost a new car. I don't need all the newest bells and whistles, and clearly the warranty is a very hit-or-miss proposition as it is...

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Typical dealership experience but it sucks none the less. The easiest way to tell if their service department is up to par is to request to be present during easy stuff like oil changes or brake jobs. If they tell you no RUN do not walk out of their door!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread