Post Thanks / Like

2008 Under Dash Harness Differences

What are the differences between the under dash harnesses between a 2.7 4spd auto car and a 5.7 or 6.1 with a NAG1 as long as the years are close. Say a 2008 2.7 Magnum and a 2008 to 2010 Charger 5.7?

Are there just minor differences or would it be better to just swap the entire harness?

I'm still going back and forth with what I'm ultimately going to put in it. So thanks for all the help with my questions.

Thanks,
    Richard

2010 Challenger SRT-8 26K Miles
    2008 Magnum Project
    2007 Magnum R/T
    2004 Ram 2500

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moparmusclebiz View Post
    What are the differences between the under dash harnesses between a 2.7 4spd auto car and a 5.7 or 6.1 with a NAG1 as long as the years are close. Say a 2008 2.7 Magnum and a 2008 to 2010 Charger 5.7?

Are there just minor differences or would it be better to just swap the entire harness?

I'm still going back and forth with what I'm ultimately going to put in it. So thanks for all the help with my questions.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Tell ya the truth, I don't really know. But I would grab everything if you are planning to upgrade from the 2.7 to the 5.7 or 6.1. All wiring harnesses, Nag1, ecm and tcm.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TMag; 02-23-2021 at 09:54 PM.
    2017 Challenger Scat Pack 6spd Torred. Mods: Mids and Resonators Delete, Dual Quad Tips, Windows Tinted, Hellcat Airbox, Fastman Throttlebody, H&R Lowering Springs, Barton Shifter w/Mr. Norms Pistol Grip, Per4mance Dev. IRS Differential Brace, Z Automotive Tazer, Speedlogix Front and Rear Strut Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Swaybars, Spohn Swaybar Endlinks, Downforce Solutions Front Half Splitters and Wickerbill, Diablo T2 EX Tuner w/unlocked PCM, Jay Greene Tune.

Post Thanks / Like
    When considering a major drivetrain swap, if you don't already have the donor pieces, IMO you should hunt for a wrecked donor car - that way you have access to everything without getting nickle and dimed to death. Yeah, not everything will swap over and you may need this piece from (x) car and that piece from (y) car, and other modifications, but if you have most of your shopping all in one basket (complete wrecked car) you're miles ahead.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8