Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    MAP sensor relocated. I put it where the EGR port used to be. That’ll be a few less wires as well running over the heads. Just need to finger mold it in with epoxy and should be good.

Post Thanks / Like
    What product are you using that will actually bond to that plastic? I've tried several with never a good bond. I'd love to have a working bond in my back pocket for the next time I have to fix something. TYIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doublechaz View Post
    What product are you using that will actually bond to that plastic? I've tried several with never a good bond. I'd love to have a working bond in my back pocket for the next time I have to fix something. TYIA
    Are you trying to glue something to it, or do a “repair” like a crack or fix a hole?

Post Thanks / Like
    Repairs of broken off sections generally.

Post Thanks / Like

My 3.5L EPIC waste of time!!! Why not!

There’s the wiring harness for the Viper Throttle Body (and one of our Corgis that hopes it’s a treat)

I’m going to be doing some research on pre ‘96 3.5L pistons. I’m so close... so, why not pull the block and bump it up to 10.4:1 compression??? If they end up being drop in pistons.... I think I have to do it. Do I?

Last edited by reefstar; 09-26-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doublechaz View Post
    Repairs of broken off sections generally.
    The hard think with things that are broken off, is that by their very nature they are susceptible to break off again.
    First you always want a clean surface. Use a stainless steel wire brush and a piece of 200 grit sand paper. And scuff everything that is going to be glued

I used JB plastic weld. Once you epoxy the piece in place. Use tape or something to hold it in place. Keep it tight, and don’t let it move for at least 12 to 24 hrs. Leave it alone.

Then if needed go back and build it up with more epoxy. You can also use a plastic welding kit as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Who else HATES this thing. That stupid transmission fill tube holder.

This is the way it should have been done in the first place!

BEFORE

AFTER
    Last edited by reefstar; 09-27-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Next Step.... Very very important!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as the epoxy is adhering to the needed surfaces, you can use fiberglass cloth for additional strength.
    This was a method used in high power rocketry for securing fins to the body.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2019 Octane Red Charger GT
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody
    Likes reefstar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    As long as the epoxy is adhering to the needed surfaces, you can use fiberglass cloth for additional strength.
    This was a method used in high power rocketry for securing fins to the body.
    Fiberglass resin should work well too if you can get adhesion. You can add fiber to it.
    Last edited by reefstar; 09-27-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reefstar View Post
    Have I ever owned a modern day Hemi?

I’ll do you one better, my brother in law was the first certified Viper Tech in California. So, I’m very aware of Power.
    Quote Originally Posted by reefstar View Post
    Do you know that one of Dodge’s biggest customer complaints about the Viper was “extreme rear tire wear”.
    I don't appreciate just any build simply because I like cars, nor have I seen anybody's Gen 3 Hemi sticking out of the hood. What I do like about what you're doing though is that it's unique, it's something different with different goals in mind. Not something I'd do, but that's why it's unique!

However these quoted lines had me rolling...."No I don't have a fast hemi car, but I know a guy who worked on someone else's V10 that was fast, so I know what it's like to own a fast car, and someone else didn't like having to buy rear tires so I know I don't want power". Rofl.

Good luck on your build, it definitely looks nice, and good choice on the cigar. Love the Acids
    Last edited by chopperscfl; 09-28-2020 at 06:56 AM.
    2005 300C 5.7 Cool Vanilla - CAI, Diablosport, Cat Back, MSD Coils/Wires

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chopperscfl View Post

However these quoted lines had me rolling...."No I don't have a fast hemi car, but I know a guy who worked on someone else's V10 that was fast, so I know what it's like to own a fast car, and someone else didn't like having to buy rear tires so I know I don't want power". Rofl.

Good luck on your build, it definitely looks nice, and good choice on the cigar. Love the Acids
    Funny! I appreciate everything you said. It was very unique. But what I didn’t appreciate was that you quoted me as saying something I didn’t say. (See, I did the same thing you did there)

If you want to “interpret” what you think I said, fine... but you shouldn’t put quotations marks around it. It’s a bit defamatory. Not sure I be seen a wrench in your hand yet. I’d love to see your build! Better yet, if your not sure what I mean, just ask me, and I did go on to say that I currently own a truck with a Hemi in it.

Anyway, yeah... always need a good selection of ACIDS in the humidor. Also makes the garage smell great.
    Last edited by reefstar; 09-28-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok... so appaaaaaarently Mopar went to a smaller piston pin in ‘07 which would make changing out pistons a lot more involved, buuuuuut, I happen to have an ‘05 so the pins are the same size.

Looks like I need a cherry picker, and an engine stand (and a more organized garage for space) And we’re bumping her up to 10.4 to 1 compression. My 3.5L EPIC waste of time!!!  Why not!

Post Thanks / Like
    Viper Throttle Body arrived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you concerned that the Viper throttle body might be too large for your 3.5L?
    Did you say what injectors you were using?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast