Post Thanks / Like

Oil filter changes/oil filter adapter threads

Ok I’ve seen for awhile now that the SRT filter 5038041AA(MO041) is about the best you can get
    Well I have a 06 Maggie 5.7 with an 08 charger 5.7 hemi that I thought was supposed to have the new threads for the filter but since it’s the police engine it has the old style 05281090AB(MO090)
    Can you swap the threads with the newer part 4892338AC? I just want the best for Maggie I love her to death lol .

Post Thanks / Like
    Please?? Anybody have any clue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhart18 View Post
    Ok I’ve seen for awhile now that the SRT filter 5038041AA(MO041) is about the best you can get
    Well I have a 06 Maggie 5.7 with an 08 charger 5.7 hemi that I thought was supposed to have the new threads for the filter but since it’s the police engine it has the old style 05281090AB(MO090)
    Can you swap the threads with the newer part 4892338AC? I just want the best for Maggie I love her to death lol .
    Just buy a quality filter for the filter threads on the car. Spend the bucks to get a synthetic oil filter, and up size the filter size if you like. If you change your oil every 3k-5k miles you.re doing all you need to.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, 383 Stroker/SRT heads,headers and mids,, Tranny cooler with fan control, built tranny/flex plate/4K conv,09 Chally rear with Quaife posi. Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!
    Likes Willhart18, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hal's right; OEM "SRT" filters being the "best" is subjective. Too much have been made of oil filter quality over the years with little or no empirical data to back up the claims.

NAPA supplies an excellent 1qt filter: 1515 (NAPA Gold).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 05-28-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Willhart18 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wix 51515 XP. This has the OLD threads. It's a larger filter for ALL the early Chrysler products.
    Old 426 guy,
    Jim
    Likes POWERMAN, Willhart18 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use WIX XP as well.

However, this was interesting to watch!

MOPAR Modern Hemi Oil Filter Comparison - YouTube
    Thanks 2005rtmag thanked for this post
    Likes Hemissary, Slidd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool video!

I use the WIX XP (57899XP) but that 041 sure looks good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERMAN View Post
    I use WIX XP as well.

However, this was interesting to watch!

MOPAR Modern Hemi Oil Filter Comparison - YouTube
    Great marketing on the part of MOPAR that beautifully plays into the hook of emotional buying (listen to the fast-talk spiel that crosses a number of empathy bridges that all tug at the heart strings).

First and foremost; I don't see much difference between filter material surface area between all three units.

All those filters are less than a quart. All their advantages go out the window with a quality NAPA 1515 that offers over twice the fluid capacity and filtering surface area. Oh ya..it too has a spring...whose job(!) is not different than the stamped steel relief mechanism!!!!

Again; avoid(!) the emotional advertising hype and buy a one quart filter of your choice

Note:
    -
    I have a large (6cm x 6cm x 1.5cm) neodymium magnet stuck to the bottom of the filter housing
    -
    Every oil change, I open the filters using a special tool similar to a can opener, looking for issues
    - I use an even more power magnet to slide along the bottom of 12qt oil pan towards the plug - hoping not to pull out leaf spring tangs...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 05-29-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's a Steve White video, not a Mopar video.

But what can we do? The 51515 does not fit the newer engines and the 899, 57899 and 041 are just not as tall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
    Well, it's a Steve White video, not a Mopar video.

But what can we do? The 51515 does not fit the newer engines and the 899, 57899 and 041 are just not as tall.

Either way, its an FCA Dealership flogging MOPAR parts.

If you want, I have an OEM dual thread structure fitting with the lower thread structure that allows using Eagle / Apache filters (note: the upper thread structure is the same from 04' to present).

But frankly there's no positive to this...unless someone is bent on using an even smaller (newer) filter than the pre-08's that used (true) 1/2qt filters.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 05-29-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Czech it out:

Need more oil filter?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Great marketing on the part of MOPAR that beautifully plays into the hook of emotional buying (listen to the fast-talk spiel that crosses a number of empathy bridges that all tug at the heart strings).

First and foremost; I don't see much difference between filter material surface area between all three units.

Thank you for posting that, Fram has been getting an undeserved bad rap ever since the Kinzerfamily "oil filter study" of years past which was also an eyeball comparison with no empirical evidence of poor filtering ability. I have cut open lots of Fram filters and the "flimsy cardboard" mentioned was still doing its job of centering the element in the steel can.

Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    Thank you for posting that, Fram has been getting an undeserved bad rap ever since the Kinzerfamily "oil filter study" of years past which was also an eyeball comparison with no empirical evidence of poor filtering ability. I have cut open lots of Fram filters and the "flimsy cardboard" mentioned was still doing its job of centering the element in the steel can.

[/COLOR]
    Yea as well as fram having different levels their high end filter is better than most everyone else. Or is the exact same construction style and material equivalent to the high end wiz and royal purple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The takeaway for everyone should be to use critical thought / judgement when choosing any products - not just engine oil and oil filters. This particular ripoff market - is huge.

Multiple product offerings should be a dead-giveaway that you're being played. The very idea of offering multiple products for precisely the same functionality plays right into those empathy bridges humans use to make buying choices...based on touchie-feelie behavior.

On top(!) of this are those same humans who feel (keyword) they need to (then) defend their purchases as "being the best" (the opposite of using critical thought processes and / or empirical observations and data) by engaging other emotional triggers (tribalism for starters).

Sad really - where we have ended up and its not just engine oil and oil filters...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 05-30-2020 at 06:06 PM.