Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oil filter and joint questions....

Hello all,

I need to replace the oil filter of my dodge charger RT 2007. I cant find it in retail store here in France. I must order it online. But ebay shows me several ones that dont look the same to me (different size). What is the exact size of the one that fits my car ? And above all, shall I replace its joint ? If so, what size is it and how is it called in English ? Thank you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    The "correct" filter would be a Mopar 05281090AB or equivalent.

My advice would be to use a Motorcraft FL1A or equivalent, such as the Baldwin B2, ACDelco PFL1A, or Wix 51515. The Motorcraft is larger than the Mopar filter, but will fit just fine and give you slightly more oil capacity.

The FL1A is one of the most common oil filters in the U.S., and it should be available locally, even in Europe.
    Last edited by CtCarl; 04-08-2020 at 03:17 PM.
    "Many true sports cars can be outrun by a powerful sedan." - Sir William Lyons, Chairman, British Leyland
    Likes beauxgosse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beauxgosse View Post
    And above all, shall I replace its joint ? If so, what size is it and how is it called in English ? Thank you all.
    Joint = gasket? If so, it's part of the new filter and the old one should come off with the old filter but always double check that it does. Then wipe down the filter gasket area to make a nice surface to seal for the new filter and put a little clean oil on the new filter gasket before installing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group
    Likes RandySmith, beauxgosse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The Audi-VW 068115561B might be easier to find in France.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mobil M204 or M209 for slightly more capacity.

inTune 91 CAI, 180 stat, BB 6dB reso delete,Tranzformer, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS switch. Wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 Continental DW's on 9"/10" F/R Viper Replicas, BCR Coilovers, Drake strut brace. Interior accent LED 's. 55/35 tint, BT catch can. LED interior lighting. BT bling, front parking sensors. Rear seat heaters. Color matched tails "MoPar" puddle lights. Custom front lip.
    MyGig 730N, Pyle 9.2" screen, iPod, front and rear cams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. I checked rockauto.com and entered dodge charger rt 2007. They list few models but none of the ones you guys mentioned. Here's the link, please let me know if their filters make sense.

https://www.rockauto.com/fr/catalog/...il+filter,5340

Post Thanks / Like
    WIX 51085XP XP “Extreme Service”; Best for synthetic motor oils

wix makes good filters.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, 383 Stroker/SRT heads,headers and mids,, Tranny cooler with fan control, built tranny/flex plate/4K conv,09 Chally rear with Quaife posi. Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!
    Likes HemifeverAZ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad... I came to help with joints.. guess I was wrong
    Likes punisher69, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Any of those filters should be fine. There are dozens, if not hundreds of cross-references for the Mopar 05281090AB.

I suggested the Motorcraft FL1A because I prefer it to the Mopar filters, as it's larger and offers greater oil capacity, and also because it's been very popular in the U.S. for many, many years. If you have to shop for an "American" oil filter outside of the U.S., it should be relatively easy to find.

But if you're using RockAuto, you have lots of choices. If you don't want to go with an oversized filter, the Motorcraft FL300 and the Wix 51085 are good, solid choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all....CtCarl, thank you for all those valuable advices. I end up ordering the Motorcarft FL300.
    Do you by any chance know how wide of 20" tires I can mount on the rear of a charger RT 2007 ?
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    With stock rims??
    Thank you all....CtCarl, thank you for all those valuable advices. I end up ordering the Motorcarft FL300.
    Do you by any chance know how wide of 20" tires I can mount on the rear of a charger RT 2007 ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 275/40 on the back of my 06 Magnum. Seems like a kinda close fit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

1972 Dodge D200, 318/727, soon 440/518

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

Oh Drat! Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Not necesarily with stock rims. My main goal is to have very wide tires on the rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 295 on Viper Replicas. Could have fit 305 if it wasnt lowered. You'll probably need to roll the fender lip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Montreal300

There's a guy out there who installed the following on his charger RT 2007 daytona:

Front - 20x9.5 Replica Hellcat Wheels (+15 offset).
    275/40/20 Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires.

Rear - 20x10.5 Replica Hellcat Wheels (+25 offset).
    305/35 20 MT ET Street SS Drag Radials.

Wheels and Tires Setup Challenge 2007 Sublime Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - YouTube

Please check out his vid. He said no mod or acc was needed. What do you think ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast