Post Thanks / Like

Hoses - HPS, OBX, Samco, Moshimoto - 6.1L to 5.7L question

So with thousands of HEMI's out there, various platforms, all the forums, I am having a little trouble finding the answer to my question. I'm posting here so everyone can learn the answer, hopefully!

Are the Silicone aftermarket hose kits HPS, OBX, Samco and Moshimoto interchangeable, 6.1L to 5.7L? Are the hoses similar in shape and diameter or different? It seems so many parts can be swapped around on the various platforms, Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum.

I am upgrading my radiator in my 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T with the SRT variant. The SRT rads inlet/outlet are larger than the standard duty rad, so I've been told it requires the 6.1L hoses to work with the 5.7L engine.

At the moment I am considering the Moshimoto 6.1L (2 primary hoses for the 06-10 Challenger, Charger, 300 and Magnum) or OBX 6.1L (2 primary hoses for the 2008-10 Challenger). But I don't know if the 6.1L hoses have the exact same shape as the 5.7L versions, so I am stuck. I've looked at all the companies stock photos and can't tell if they are interchangeable.

I can always be the Ginny pig, but would rather not, LOL! Some input would be great.
    Last edited by blue_devil; 01-14-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    2006 (Manu.Date 5/05) Magnum RT (midnight blue) - STOCK... Rolled over 100K on the OD. Just general maintenance for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    5.7 lower hose will fit an OEM SRT radiator with a little persuasion, including the silicon units. Only the lower neck on the OEM SRT (Severe Duty II) radiator is slightly larger than the SXT / RT version. Bottoms are the same as is the water pump side. If you order 6.1 hoses you should be fine. They are all the same shape / configuration through 08' and beyond.

Edit: the heater core / overflow hoses are the same.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-14-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks blue_devil thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    5.7 lower hose will fit an OEM SRT radiator with a little persuasion, including the silicon units. Only the lower neck on the OEM SRT (Severe Duty II) radiator is slightly larger than the SXT / RT version. Bottoms are the same as is the water pump side. If you order 6.1 hoses you should be fine. They are all the same shape / configuration through 08' and beyond.

Edit: the heater core / overflow hoses are the same.
    Both the upper and lower necks are larger on the SRT/SDII rad.

I used the Gates 6.1 hoses without any fitment problems of any kind on my 06 300C with 5.7L. To me that would mean 6.1 hoses from any manufacturer would fit by extrapolation. But as we discussed in PM it's always good for a forum consensus since I am sure others must have upgrades their 5.7L cars to the bigger rad and used the fancy hoses as well.
    Last edited by Rockhound; 01-14-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Likes blue_devil liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ Thank you guys. I also emailed Fast Hemis this morning to see what they had to say about the hoses. I asked them to place two of their kits 6.1L & 5.7L next to one another for comparison, but the customer service rep seemed to already know the answer. "Yes, the hoses are the same shape except the radiator side is LARGER on the 6.1L (1 7/8), compared to 1 3/4 on the 5.7L Hemi. If you are upgrading your radiator to the SRT, then you need the 6.1L hoses. We offer the Mishimoto as well as the HPS (includes Heater Hoses too). Enter coupon code "TAX2020"".

He did not say, even though I asked, if the heater hoses were the exact same between the two HPS 6.1 & 5.7 kits. I am going to assume they're the same.