Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Painted rockers on a 1st Gen charger?

Noticed the 1st Gen 300s have body color rockers but every 1st gen charger I see has only the basic black plastic ones. Is it possible to take the rockers from the 300 and put them on a charger? Or are they different in fitment? Does the charger have an option for painted rockers that I could find somewhere or am I stuck with the basic plastic forever?

Post Thanks / Like
    The parts manual show that they are different numbers; however, the attachment points are likely the same. The shape does vary between the 300, Charger, and Magnum.

I had to wait a while before I found the exact same rockers for mine.
    2006 MRT, Blaze Red Crystal Pearl (PRH), Upgraded Rear Police Brakes, Mopar Police Wheels with Continental ContiPureContact, Stock Rims with Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80, BT Catch Can, LMI AirHammer, EGR disabled, 91 tune, H8 battery (AC Delco 49AGM).

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else try switching them directly? Might just have to try it out at the junkyard sometime

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you prep and paint the ones you have?
    2012 300 SRT8: 22" Vossen wheels, Nitto 420 265/35/22 front and 295/30/22 rear, SLP Bigmouth II exhaust, Tuned by Hemifever, Mishimoto 180° stat, Legmaker Tru CAI.
    I am silently correcting you're gramar and speling.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not entirely sure, mine are the textured black plastic and the 300 stock ones appear to be the same material as the bumpers, which made me think it would be easier to respray them instead of a ton of prep on plastic. That's why I asked about if it was a direct fitment

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough. Just thought the fitment issue vs. texture would be a push and you already have the panels on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Notice the body lines are carried into the rocker panels. Notice that the 300 / Charger / Magnum all have differing body lines...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I know they do but I was hoping by chance I could get away with it, and maybe the attaching tabs would be in the (general) same spots. I assume that means no and I'm out of luck for an easy solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all Chargers came with the black rocker panels. It seems to be that they were only only the base (maybe SXT), and more prominent in the later years of the 1st gen (after 08). But a quick search shows many Chargers with body color rocker panels.

- Brian T.
    "Pam the Demon Wagon" 2006 Magnum SRT
    8 #That70sSRT8

| web: Michael Brian Studios | instagram: @MichaelBrianStudios |
    Likes agoristmike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for those. Yeah mine is the base model SE but didn't know if they did or not come with those body color ones. Good to know guys thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange I have NEVER seen a 1st gen Charger with plain black rocker panels. All of my friends that have early Chargers all have rockers that match the rest of the body color. My 2006 2.7 that was bought new had painted rockers. I don't recall it even being an option. Just hit google and can't even find a picture of one with unpainted rockers. Strange

All of the 300, Charger and Magnum rockers with fits on the other cars but the body line shape on the ends are different between the 3 cars.
    [/SIGPIC]2005 Chrysler 300C SBE, ported big valved heads, Hellcat lifters, SRT 6.1 intake manifold, SRT shorties, custom grind Billy Drakeford cam, SLP LM1, MTCM and GETRAG 3.06 swap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed; all OEMs came from the factory with painted rocker panels that match the rest of the platform.

Replacement rocker panels from MOPAR - are unpainted (black).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-16-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea then. Mine's an 08 if it matters, 3.5L SE. Actually saw another two at the junkyard the other day with the solid black plastic ones like mine sitting next to a 300 with painted ones and wondered but didn't try the fit. Can't say I've ever seen a charger with them painted, oh well. No clue if or why they'd replace the painted's with plain ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Think about it; none of the platforms would look proper / correct - without matched and painted rockers covers...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-17-2019 at 12:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep...ALL rockers were painted.
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast