Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    ha, I think you paint your car more often than I wash mine! Looks good.
    bill

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings
    285/35 R20 Michelin Pilot Supersports all 4 wheels
    28" hoosier slicks, MH racemaster skinnies.
    Tuned by Tim @ MPH. 403 RWHP, 402 TQ.
    [email protected], 1.762 60' 620 DA
    Likes Tikibeast, sojiaraggs9000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by funkpolice View Post
    ha, I think you paint your car more often than I wash mine! Looks good.
    bill
    HAHA thanks man. I mean it is 11 years old
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww Shoot its got PAINT!! Copper Interference over Cool Vanilla

Man this paint pops even without clear on it!

Man this wing is looking better and better. I can't wait until I can pop in the accent piece.

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 07-22-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sneak peek of some clear!! Man its gunna be nice.... Last picture until its put back together

Post Thanks / Like
    Current mods that are being done are as follows:

Home Grown Stroker Build:
    o Inertia Motorsports 3.5l HO 1.2v Camshafts
    o Inertia Motorsports 3.5l HO V6 Premium Big Valve Performance Heads
    o Inertia Motorsports 3.5l HO V6 Ported Lower Intake
    o 2008 4.0L Dodge Nitro Engine Swap
    o Custom EGR Delete
    o Custom CNC'd Lower Intake Manifold Spacer

Other Misc Mods:
    o New Style LED Bar Tail Lights
    o TranZformer Shift Kit
    o NoWeeds Exhaust Diverter System

ANYWAYS!!! Now that you know what I'm working with; on with the Pictures.....

Here are a couple of my most recent shots before tearing it apart.

Before tearing it apart I ran a quick pass. The bottom two pictures are from after installing the Powerdyne Supercharger. The top two pictures are from after installing the MTCM. (Yes I installed an SRT8 Cluster)

I begun taking things apart as you can tell. I have to tear the 4.0L engine down to the block and swap over all the 3.5L performance parts.

Items to get swapped from the 3.5 to the 4.0

The oil pan and pickup
    Intake manifold (upper and ported lower)
    Front timing cover and backplate
    JBA Exhaust manifolds
    Valve covers
    Flex plate
    Fuel rail and SRT4 injectors
    All sensors from the 3.5L

The 3.5L is torn down to the block.

I tossed in the LED tail lights while I was at it.

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 02-10-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What did you do to prep the engine cover from the Infiniti car, or the alignment of attachment to the intake plenum or wherever? Just sand and paint? What about the rest of the engine bay plastic?I was thinking about doing that for a while before I read this post.......

Also did you ever think about doing the twin turbo instead of the supercharger? Would you have made more power with the TT? What about now that you doing the 4.0 swap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    What did you do to prep the engine cover from the Infiniti car, or the alignment of attachment to the intake plenum or wherever? Just sand and paint? What about the rest of the engine bay plastic?I was thinking about doing that for a while before I read this post.......

Also did you ever think about doing the twin turbo instead of the supercharger? Would you have made more power with the TT? What about now that you doing the 4.0 swap?
    I sanded and painted the cover when I painted the car the first time. I've since painted it 3 times since then? It uses brackets and bolts that an old forum member used to make back in the day. These brackets are not all that great and I actually broke one of the connecting points trying to make it straight and sit flush. I've currently actually working on changing this up as well. Once its done I should be able to pop it off and on as it was stock. BUT yes sand an paint/clear. Nothing else really needed.

This what the engine cover currently looks like but like i said I broke it a little trying to line the new mounts up with the cover's existing mounting holes. Ill be fixing this by using JB weld and making a new mount location. Ill probabbly keep it the same color scheme tho.

This is the brackets with the new mounts on the upper intake

Unfortunately not a lot of aftermarket mods available for this car. NOTHING let me repeat nothing has ever been plug and play. I've had this car for a few years and modded it as I went. Im not trying to be the fastest or I do a little weight reduction and get rid of the audio equipment. I did how ever choose to go with the supercharger at the time due to wanting that instant power that the supercharger provides. In the long run it was just a choice.

I'm doing the stroker build now because I was taking the exhaust off to weld in a bung hole for AFR gauge. While I was down there I noticed I had a hairline crack in the in the side of the passenger converters. Might have not been straight at one time or another. Either way that has been fixed. (Long story make short... Exhaust lead to cams, cams lead to heads, heads lead to swapping out the engine block for a 4.0L lol...)

Here you can see my current exhaust setup. Nothing crazy just 2.5" catback, x-pipe, flowmaster super 44's with 4" slanted baffled tips.

Welded in a O2 sensor for the AFR wideband. Also fixed a couple leaks while I was at it.

AND then I found the crack that I need to fix lol. Its right under the flange.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojiaraggs9000 View Post
    I sanded and painted the cover when I painted the car the first time. I've since painted it 3 times since then? It uses brackets and bolts that an old forum member used to make back in the day. These brackets are not all that great and I actually broke one of the connecting points trying to make it straight and sit flush. I've currently actually working on changing this up as well. Once its done I should be able to pop it off and on as it was stock. BUT yes sand an paint/clear. Nothing else really needed.

This what the engine cover currently looks like but like i said I broke it a little trying to line the new mounts up with the cover's existing mounting holes. Ill be fixing this by using JB weld and making a new mount location. Ill probabbly keep it the same color scheme tho.

This is the brackets with the new mounts on the upper intake

Unfortunately not a lot of aftermarket mods available for this car. NOTHING let me repeat nothing has ever been plug and play. I've had this car for a few years and modded it as I went. Im not trying to be the fastest or I do a little weight reduction and get rid of the audio equipment. I did how ever choose to go with the supercharger at the time due to wanting that instant power that the supercharger provides. In the long run it was just a choice.

I'm doing the stroker build now because I was taking the exhaust off to weld in a bung hole for AFR gauge. While I was down there I noticed I had a hairline crack in the in the side of the passenger converters. Might have not been straight at one time or another. Either way that has been fixed. (Long story make short... Exhaust lead to cams, cams lead to heads, heads lead to swapping out the engine block for a 4.0L lol...)

Here you can see my current exhaust setup. Nothing crazy just 2.5" catback, x-pipe, flowmaster super 44's with 4" slanted baffled tips.

Welded in a O2 sensor for the AFR wideband. Also fixed a couple leaks while I was at it.

AND then I found the crack that I need to fix lol. Its right under the flange.

Ah good info...I might make something like that bracket...doesn't look too complicated

Good to know about the paint as well

Also I figured that about the "not wanting to be the fastest", still I feel like 14s are decent for a 3.5 modded like yours

Finally, I believe I have the same cracks on my exhausts... Mine whistles like a supercharger underneath when cold but stops after warming up to normal, I wasn't sure where it was coming from but I'll keep an eye out on those when I change out my exhaust system soon, probably gonna do the dual sort of like yours

Got any sound of your exhaust system? I thought about flowmaster...but I dunno
    Last edited by Ultimagic5; 02-07-2020 at 09:23 PM.
    Likes sojiaraggs9000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    Ah good info...I might make something like that bracket...doesn't look too complicated

Good to know about the paint as well

Also I figured that about the "not wanting to be the fastest", still I feel like 14s are decent for a 3.5 modded like yours

Finally, I believe I have the same cracks on my exhausts... Mine whistles like a supercharger underneath when cold but stops after warming up to normal, I wasn't sure where it was coming from but I'll keep an eye out on those when I change out my exhaust system soon, probably gonna do the dual sort of like yours

Got any sound of your exhaust system? I thought about flowmaster...but I dunno
    I don't have any sound clips but its decently loud. Its pretty much straight piped from the headers to the super 44's. I plan on getting some NOWeeds exhaust diverters for "race exhaust". Its not just a cutout it actually diverts air flow out the while sealing off the stock section of pipe. (Not my pictures but yeah they look sweet.)

Before Install

After installing NoWeeds

I'm still waiting on heads to come in from Inertia..... but Stu has sent me the ported lower intake and the head studs. Im going with studs instead of bolts.This is how I EGR deleted the plenum port. I taped the inside to be flush and then filled the hole with JB weld. Sanded it and then filled it again lol. Should hold perfectly. Again mine was leaking that why I decided to do away with it. I was loosing 3 psi out the back at WOT.

Stock Lower Intake Manifold

Ported lower Intake Manifold

I've been talking to a few guys on the 300M site and This is the intake spacer I mentioned. From what I read this is the 4th version of these intake manifold spacers that someone has made. SO in saying that... those gains where from just bolting the part in. They don't have the luxury of tuning like we do. They provided dyno shows that it gives around 30 ft-lbs of added torque in the lower rpm range with only a slight loss in horsepower at the high upper end. How I understand it to be is that since we have variable runner intakes...... Stock wise when the effective intake pipe length is longer; Engine torque between middle and high engine speed ranges drops, while it is improves between low and middle ranges. Might help with a little off the line torque?? I'm not really chasing high HP number I just figured coming into torque faster would be beneficial, Either way I plan on testing this spacer out.

The provided dyno printout shows a loss of 1.84hp but a gain of 28.16 ft-lb tq.

Here is how it looked after the first cut out of a solid piece of aluminum

And the final product.

Here is a sneak peek of the 4.0L engine I got waiting to be pulled apart for the block.

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 02-10-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright!! Received the heads from Inertia today. Check them out.

Only two Issues I seen was this callet wasn't installed properly. The heads also don't seem as if they have been jet cleaned. Thoughts?? The callet being out is pretty dangerous tho. That would of been engine failure right there.... For 3k plus I just expected more I guess. Who knows!! Cant wait to get everything cleaned and together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow the fact that they let the heads go out the door like that with the keepers not installed properly is scary. I would have expected that they would have kissed the surface of the heads to make them perfect instead or roloc-ing them. Go over them with a fine toothed comb to make sure they are okay. Check for flatness etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    Wow the fact that they let the heads go out the door like that with the keepers not installed properly is scary. I would have expected that they would have kissed the surface of the heads to make them perfect instead or roloc-ing them. Go over them with a fine toothed comb to make sure they are okay. Check for flatness etc.
    Defiantly. I have a flat bar here at work. I plan on double checking them for sure.

Here is a small little update on the engine cover. I took off the front two mounting legs and made new ones using the Hemi cover connectors. Ill be able to pop it off and with ease. Should make oil changes a little bit nicer. Here is how it looked before I started messing with it.

Here are some old pictures of the cover installed. This was before I rebuilt the supercharger.

The brackets used to mount in this fashion. (Notice the screws on the ends?? These used to hold down the engine cove with washers and nuts. )

These are the new mounts Im making fit the cover.

I cut off the front legs for more hood clearance as well as filled in the V6 3.5L area with JB weld.

Here you can see here I sanded the front passenger side post. "4.0 Stroker" will be added to this engine cover.

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 02-14-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojiaraggs9000 View Post
    Defiantly. I have a flat bar here at work. I plan on double checking them for sure.

Here is a small little update on the engine cover. I took off the front two mounting legs and made new ones using the Hemi cover connectors. Ill be able to pop it off and with ease. Should make oil changes a little bit nicer. Here is how it looked before I started messing with it.

Here are some old pictures of the cover installed. This was before I rebuilt the supercharger.

The brackets used to mount in this fashion. (Notice the screws on the ends?? These used to hold down the engine cove with washers and nuts. )

These are the new mounts Im making fit the cover.

I cut off the front legs for more hood clearance as well as filled in the V6 3.5L area with JB weld.

Here you can see here I sanded the front passenger side post. "4.0 Stroker" will be added to this engine cover.

I'll have to keep that in mind when it finally warms up to stay outside for long enough to do that to mine...good work, wonder how much jbweld you've used on that thing now lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a quick update. I lightly repainted everything and it all mounts up pretty nicely. Wont know if there are any issue until I get the engine back in. Emblems aren't stuck down yet..... but it turned out pretty decent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123