Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Took off this stock idler pulley

and installed the 3 1/2 idler pulley that comes with the kit

Then came the fun part running all the hoses and and tubing.

Mounted the vacuum block and ran all the hoses.

Boost gauge line ran through the hood latch cable grommet hole. (next to Brake Booster)

Mounted the blow off Valve section.

Almost done!! Just waiting some glue to dry on my boost gauge.... SO I figured Id take a break and post my progress.

After dialing installing everything I took it out on a test drive.

1/4 mile 15.86 @ 90 and 0-60 @ 7.78

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 07-02-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I've been working on the car again. I recently just install this setup, seems to run pretty good. The intercooler is a Tredstone z type. I couldn't find the one I wanted in the dimensions I needed so I worked with what I had. All the connections had to be fabbed up but I managed to get every thing how I wanted it to fit. On with the pictures.....

With this setup I only had to trim the foam a tad bit. It required no timing of the crash bar. I do however have to make a custom mounting bracket.

Kind of a tight fit but everything worked out.

I had to remove the washer fluid reservoir and relocate the power steering reservoir.

Remade part of the engine cover bracket so that it would support the weight of the intercooler piping. Also added a bracket to hold the piping above the ABS module. If you look closely you can see I moved the location of the horns as well.

With the help of a horn bracket the horns were relocated to the passenger side frame.

I have the Air filter bracket attached to the clamp's bolt. Worked out quite well to be honest. Don't mine the dirty air filter I have a new one on the way.

The inlet and outlet of the supercharger is looking smooth with all this stainless steel.

This is pretty much it for now. I have a few things that I'm getting repainted. Ill take more pictures as thing progress.

And here is some under the hood goodies

OH yeah I also has the cats gutted and re-welded a piece of pipe inside them. Straight pipe but looks like it has convertors. Besides the paint and the sound you can't even tell lol.

Last but not least I ran it on the highway real quick but im maxing out at about 5.08 psi. Take into consideration that I have a 4spd transmission.... but I was maxing out at 7.83 psi before the intercooler.

1/4 mile 15.54 @ 91.5 and 0-60 @ 7.46

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have been working on a few things, this little addition to the rear bumper is one of them. First things first, here is an older picture just for comparison to show what it looked like before.

Its not 100% done but here is my progress thus far.

Plastic welded the defuser to the rear bumper

Next I hit it with a little bondo and sand paper

More bondo and sanding

Slap some paint on there and it almost good to go

Then I reinstalled it back on the car. Its not 100% but it turned out pretty decent. I also installed some mud flaps and have them painted as well.

Snow finally let up and I was able to finish off the rear bumper check it out.

Turned out rear good in my opinion

Also add these to the fenders. They're the Hellcat fender emblems. Fit my theme pretty well.

You can also see that the stripes are not a 100% solid color. They're actually reflective, kinda like cop vehicle decals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Long story short I originally bought stuff from an 2006 3.5l HO Charger which was all incorrect for my 2008! DUH! right lol..... I'm making the TCM harness from Mopar pigtail. I had no clue about Mopar parts they're very hard to look up. Maybe the pigtails are sort of universal? The pigtail's pins are correct. Here is what I could find out. The first two pictures with the TCM shows what I believe the pigtail connecters should look like. I got these pictures off the internet. The last picture with the pigtail connectors I have and they are a bit different. They have the correct pin layout but the overall shape is lacking. With the way they're shaped it appears that they wouldn't stay clipped in. But I found out the connecter appears to have a hole in it that accepts another pigtail connection for the can bus + and - wires. Maybe my Issues will show the next person what not to do lol.

Had to change out the shifter of course

But clearly I had the incorrect one. Notice I=how its too small. that's that 2006 vs 2008 crap lol.

Needed to actually have this one

The connector to the shifter was different. Main reason for this because they went too WIN Keys (Wireless Ignition Module) Workshop manual helped a little but it was for pre 2008. Wired it all up and it was good to go.

Transmission crossmember mount that was on my car seemed to show it was universal (Has holes for both transmissions) but ended up not being 100%. This was 2006 vs 2008 thing again... lol.

Transmission's pan also needed to be replace due to the NAG1 transmission mounts to it.

So I had to make some adjustments. Had to make these spacers to get it to work. Heavy DUTY!

Well since I have an open rear end I had to modify the driveline. The rear have is had to be the original and the front half needed to be fro the new transmission. Reason for this is the mounting coupler isn't the same. 3 bolt vs 4 bolt.

Also the driveline was slightly wider and needed to be trimmed to fit the mount.

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 07-03-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then here came the SUSPENSION UPGRADE! Mopar Super Track Pack and Mopar Sway bars. The kit comes with Bilstine Shocks and Springs.

Out with the old rears and in with the new.

Out with the old fronts and in with the new

Then a fellow member run2jeepn put me on to a place that had some Pursuit package calipers on the cheap. SO I had to man..... these things are HUGE!

New PURSUIT calipers are on the left and the old stock ones are on the right

Here are the old sets. Front rotors are 12.6" vented and the Rear rotors are 12.6" solid rotors. Single piston calipers all around.

The Pursuit fronts are vented 14.5" rotors and the rear rotors are vented 13.8" rotors.

Front pursuit vented

Rear vented pursuit vs solid stock

The Pursuit fronts are vented 14.5" rotors and the rear rotors are vented 13.8" rotors. Turned out really good

I guess I didn't take pictures of the rears lol - Oh well Ill get some later.

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 07-03-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I wanted a change of Wheels and wanted to go bronze so I tested out some bronze AutoWrap sprayable vinyl in a can. It has a flack to it! Man that stuff is pretty nice. They held up to 3 hail storms while being used.

Tested them out. turned out pretty good. this was before the big brake upgrade.

Played with some emblems as well

I liked the color so much I ended up buying some Bronze Hellcat rims.

I went staggered 275 in the front and 315 in the rear. NO rubbing issues at all. Nor do they extend too far out from the body. Plus they go good with the mud flaps lol

Here is the clearance, Its close but not an issue.

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 07-03-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on a few things. car is going through a few changes. Threw on some newer style headlights.

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do So I did originally but this hellcat wing and was going to mod it to fit but determined it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Also it was too short for my liking.

Still haven't decided if I wanted to use this roof spoiler.

Rear wing is originally for a 2014 Mustang Shelby GT500.

Started to test fit everything to make sure it was going to be what I wanted.

Nice and smooth. Turned out pretty good.

Had the trunk lid open and it slammed and cracked. better now then later....

Currently still working on the bodywork, Its getting there though. Car has been in and out of the shop over the years as you can see. Also it was in 3 hail storms so it had its fail share of dents that are getting smoothed out.

I took the bumper off to paint it. Check out this added transmission oil cooler I made from a 2015 Ford F150 power steering cooler. I added it to help my 42rle VLP stay cool. I decided to keep it when swapping to the NAG1. (Its a little hard to see because et black but its in the center under the crash bar) Works well, gets plenty of air flow from the bumper holes.

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 07-17-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Powerdyne Supercharger took a crap so I had it rebuilt by 928 MotorSports a few year back with their Super PowerDyne upgrade.

I decided to paint it red once I got it back

Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 07-03-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    place holder tcm - ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Youre doing a bang up job, man!!!

Nice work
    Thanks sojiaraggs9000 thanked for this post
    Likes sojiaraggs9000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    Youre doing a bang up job, man!!!

Nice work
    Thanks man. I'm going through some changes its in the process of getting a face lift

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright fellas its updated for now. Ill add more as it comes.

Post Thanks / Like
    And you were able to reuse the Stock Brake hoses on all 4 corners?
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page
    Likes sojiaraggs9000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    And you were able to reuse the Stock Brake hoses on all 4 corners?
    Yes sir. Easiest way to tell if you have the correct hoses is to see if the ends have 90s. The hoses that don't fit are straight out at the banjo connection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Little bit of an update. More sanding, more prep work. Sneak peek on paint

I guess Craig jumped up on top of the car that time he was being chased by Chico.

My poor Bumper has seen better days lol. Caught it on some curbs etc over the years...

But I took care of that pretty dang quick.

I tried to catch the slight copper shimmer that this new paint has. If you look at the edges you can see slight hues of copper/rose.

AND now the fun part....... TAPE!!!!!

NEXT COMES PAINT!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast