Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Water pumps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    If Renault takes over Chrysler, folks will have to learn how to pronounce the name...ray-no not ru-nalt.
    Oui oui :^)
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    So I keep trying to get back to work on my car and tonight I have an hour and a half to two hours two Putz with it some more. So you'll remember I had to replace the fans that quit working and also the clutch on the air conditioner quit working long before my fans quit working and then I had the concern about changing the water pump while I'm right here looking at it and I do remember when I took off the upper hose I broke one of the thermostat housing bolts, so if I keep the water pump I have to drill out that broken bolt ugh. Now as I look at the water pump there's a black pipe that comes into it and I don't know how that comes out I guess I just tug on it once I take out the bolt and what's on the other end under the manifold?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    05' Magnum R/T HEMI Registry #889 CAI, JBA Ceramic shorties-CATless, MTCM, Predator , MDS, ESP, 3.06 Getrag swap, HALOS
    Aus liebe zum Automobile "Out of Love for the Automobile"

Post Thanks / Like
    Wiggle it out, get a new oring.

Get some left handed bits and center punch the bolt as close to center as you can.
    Start with a small bit, drill it, go a couple sizes bigger, (but not over the tap drill size).
    If you get lucky it will back out from the left hand drill twist.
    Don't push hard, let the drill do the work, take your time.
    Aluminum grabs hard so she may not back out on the drill.
    I believe the bolt is a M8X1. 25, Tap drill 6.8mm or M8X1.00 tap drill 7.0mm.
    If you get a good on center drill hole you can tap it out.
    There is always the eazy_out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gapi, I did just that last night but it's must be so corroded that I'm leaving it to soak right now in some penetrating oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CURLY View Post
    Gapi, I did just that last night but it's must be so corroded that I'm leaving it to soak right now in some penetrating oil.

Murphy's law. It's going to fail after all that.

I'd use my mig welder to get that out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck. If you done drill out the threads it will be like new. Keep a welder away from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're good with a mig welder you can build the bolt up enough to grab it.
    It's only $85 for a new chinese pump. Or its $7 for a "proven" pump at the u pull it.

Would your boss at the maintenance job prefer labor triple labor cost on a used part or a new one? That seems to be how this thread started.

Post Thanks / Like
    A Gates water pump is $43 at Rockauto....has a lifetime warranty and they perform a functional test of the seals, bearing and test it for leaks.
    About as close to aircraft quality as you are going to get in the automotive world. LOL!
    Likes Hemissary, DBL.DWN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase300 View Post
    A Gates water pump is $43 at Rockauto....has a lifetime warranty and they perform a functional test of the seals, bearing and test it for leaks.
    About as close to aircraft quality as you are going to get in the automotive world. LOL!
    As most on here know, this was never about aircraft parts :^)

Folks should realize that there were / are multiple Contractors to Daimler Chrysler / FCA that supplied the same parts to Factory assembly lines. It is these same Contractors who (now) supply to vendors like Rock auto.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    As most on here know, this was never about aircraft parts :^)

Folks should realize that there were / are multiple Contractors to Daimler Chrysler / FCA that supplied the same parts to Factory assembly lines. It is these same Contractors who (now) supply to vendors like Rock auto.
    You should run for office. You are certainly displaying your prowess at the "two step". First it's about aircraft and how the junkyard parts are proven and better than new,and now it's not about that at all.

Put a new one one from just about any manufacturer. They are all likely made in China now anyway, even the Mopar parts.
    Likes Jay727 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    You should run for office. You are certainly displaying your prowess at the "two step". First it's about aircraft and how the junkyard parts are proven and better than new,and now it's not about that at all.

Put a new one one from just about any manufacturer. They are all likely made in China now anyway, even the Mopar parts.
    Yours and Jay727's serious difficulties with reading and comprehension as well as Anchoring Bias that leads to ridiculous Strawman Tactics, both of you are just barely average clowns who are keeping the rest of us sorta entertained.

So please - you two bozos keep trying to marginalize with the ongoing attempts (which are failing miserably :^) at harassment in multiple threads. You are thoroughly succeeding in the azzhat arena though :^)

As to your unfounded / unfair bias statement about parts made in China; you've aptly demonstrated your racism. Lots of parts are made throughout Asia, not just for our platforms but every single other marque (just for you - vehicle Manufacturer :^) as well.

lol...stay thirsty :^D
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-14-2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Dumb it down some more for the intended audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Yours and Jay727's serious difficulties with reading and comprehension as well as Anchoring Bias that leads to ridiculous Strawman Tactics, both of you are just average clowns and keeping the rest of us entertained.

So please - you two bozos keep trying to marginalize with the ongoing and failing attempts at harassment in multiple threads. You are thoroughly succeeding in the azzhat arena though :^)

As to your unfounded and unfairly bias statement about parts made in China; you've aptly demonstrated your racism. Lots of parts are made throughout Asia, not just for our platforms but every single other marque (just for you - vehicle Manufacturer :^) as well.

Stay butt hurt. Don't forget to tell every dumbass you're an engineer, because that means you're smart. And stupid people like smart. And I have a hemi with the water pump on the side, stock, thats where they are.

Hmm should I hit post then edit so a witty little childish reason shows up, damn that's clever. That's an engineer for you. ****ing prick.
    Likes hotrod1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay727 View Post
    Stay butt hurt. Don't forget to tell every dumbass you're an engineer, because that means you're smart. And stupid people like smart. And I have a hemi with the water pump on the side, stock, thats where they are.

Hmm should I hit post then edit so a witty little childish reason shows up, damn that's clever. That's an engineer for you. ****ing prick.

Wow, your ability to insult and denigrate absolutely every member of this fine Forum, as well as an unhealthy / unwarranted bias against Engineers who keep you safe, knows no bounds. You keep dogging me in other / unrelated threads with insults / denigration / name-calling...so who is butt hurt here :^D

I'm not an Engineer, never said I was (more tripe / dumbazz assumptions on both your parts :^)

...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn :^D

Last edited by Hemissary; 06-13-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yours and Jay727's serious difficulties with reading and comprehension as well as Anchoring Bias that leads to ridiculous Strawman Tactics, both of you are just barely - average clowns who are keeping the rest of us sorta entertained.

So please - you two bozos keep trying to marginalize with the ongoing attempts (which are failing miserably :^) at harassment in multiple threads. You are thoroughly succeeding in the azzhat arena though :^)

As to your unfounded / unfair bias statement about parts made in China; you've aptly demonstrated your racism. Lots of parts are made throughout Asia, not just for our platforms but every single other marque (just for you - vehicle Manufacturer :^) as well.

You are correct. Your back pedalling and spin are quite entertaining for all.

Racism? I never did anything of the sort. I simply pointed out that most parts are coming from the same place regardless of brand.
    It would seem that your own assumptions, and, dare I say, insecurity of Chinese manufacturing, and even the race of people, has come to light, while trying to spin it back on others. Shame on you.
    In recent years, with the shuttering of much of North American manufacturing, Chinese, and other foreign countries, have been held to much higher standards than they may have been in the past. I recall Japanese manufacturing had the same stigma, which you are painting the Chinese with, at one point, and then became recognized for manufacturing some of the highest quality parts, particularly electronic, in the world.
    Last edited by Rockhound; 06-14-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    You are correct. Your back pedalling and spin are quite entertaining for all.

Racism? I never did anything of the sort. I simply pointed out that most parts are coming from the same place regardless of brand.
    It would seem that your own assumptions, and, dare I say, insecurity of Chinese manufacturing, and even the race of people, has come to light, while trying to spin it back on others. Shame on you.
    In recent years, with the shuttering of much of North American manufacturing, Chinese, and other foreign countries, have been held to much higher standards than they may have been in the past. I recall Japanese manufacturing had the same stigma, which you are painting the Chinese with, at one point, and then became recognized for manufacturing some of the highest quality parts, particularly electronic, in the world.
    You have a serious problem with reading comprehension.

As much as you two are trying to muddy the waters to mislead other readers, I've not changed my stance on anything I've stated in this thread:
    - brand new parts, of any type, have zero reliability history or integrity
    - parts that have been in-service for some time and functioning nominally have demonstrated reliability and integrity, therefore replacing them on the above premise is baseless
    - the quality of parts made in China, or anywhere throughout Asia rivals parts made anywhere on the planet.

End of story. You both can go peddle your double-talk somewhere else...we see through it :^)
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-14-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast