Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Not to mention resale value is more than double that of a 5.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resale may be higher but so is the purchase price. I can get in plenty of trouble with my two 5.7 Hemis.
    Likes 5.7-Blackburd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1054 View Post
    Resale may be higher but so is the purchase price. I can get in plenty of trouble with my two 5.7 Hemis.
    That been my thought. My neighbor has a SRT8 magnum and while it's faster my R/T isn't slow and is more than enough fun for a family hauler

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.7-Blackburd View Post
    That been my thought. My neighbor has a SRT8 magnum and while it's faster my R/T isn't slow and is more than enough fun for a family hauler
    It’s not just the engine. It’s got the body style which is undoubtedly sportier. The brakes also better by a large margin , the suspension also marginally better. The interior, and so on. Also does not have valve seat issues like the pre eagle 5.7’s. Those are the facts. It may cost a bit more , but you’ll also get more of your money back in comparison to a 5.7 car at resale. If I was in the market and had the choice of either , I’d take the SRT hands down. And I’m not knocking the 5.7 by any means , but the question is about the comparison of the two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    It’s not just the engine. It’s got the body style which is undoubtedly sportier. The brakes also better by a large margin , the suspension also marginally better. The interior, and so on. Also does not have valve seat issues like the pre eagle 5.7’s. Those are the facts. It may cost a bit more , but you’ll also get more of your money back in comparison to a 5.7 car at resale. If I was in the market and had the choice of either , I’d take the SRT hands down. And I’m not knocking the 5.7 by any means , but the question is about the comparison of the two.

I'm aware but given the price difference I can't say I personally would go with an SRT8 having owned my R/T for going on 6 years now.

Also on 06 SRT8 has pretty much the same interior as an 05 R/T, aside from the seats. Exterior wise they are different and the SRT is the "sportier" of the two but the R/T doesn't look like a stratus either. If you are talking the 08 then yeah it's got a nicer interior and front end but have fun waiting for an 08 Magnum (any flavor) to show up for sale.

Brakes yeah the brembos better beat 2 piston fronts and single piston rears, but the stock R/T with ceramic pads stops better then with the OE pads. As for suspension at the millage op was saying your gonna be looking at replacing worn shock and putting the Bilstein or Eibach kit on an R/T brings it much closer to the SRT.

Also if you are buying a car based on what you can get for it on resale your doing it wrong. Both the R/T and SRT LX's have a long time before their values start trending up. You are gonna do nothing but loose money on an 15 year old SRT or R/T buy it cause you want to drive it for as long as it will last not cause "I can sell it and make money". If you do that I can guarantee you'll have a bad time.

Again the SRT is better and if it's absolutely what you must have no other option then by all means but in my opinion seeing as they are both used I'd get an R/T and take the money saved on replacing what needs to be replaced with better parts but that's me.
    Last edited by 5.7-Blackburd; 05-15-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    Likes Reddobie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed! Go take that extra $5k or more and invest in something that will make you money. I just couldn’t see twice the money for a few more HP and stuff. So saved my money and used on something that appreciates.
    Last edited by Reddobie; 05-16-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12