Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: getrag swap

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    My point I'm trying to make goes back to the misnomer if a little is good a lot must be better.

The required specification...IS the required specification. The system was designed by a bunch of Engineers - around that spec.

Reminds me of the touchie-feelie who think a higher viscosity engine oil is somehow better for their engine...even worse if they wrongly believe a higher oil pressure reading on a gauge is somehow also(!) better protecting their pride and joy...it ain't.
    LOL Simon! I never mind a clutch style rear letting me know that it 'is what it is'. I'd rather that than adding friction modifier to a noisy diff just to waste the clutches. As for the 115 I'm not using it, I just mentioned it was out there.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thor363 View Post
    LOL Simon! I never mind a clutch style rear letting me know that it 'is what it is'. I'd rather that than adding friction modifier to a noisy diff just to waste the clutches. As for the 115 I'm not using it, I just mentioned it was out there.
    Did I miss something?? :^)

To clairify; no friction modifier required for 210 / 215mm cast iron non-LSD diffs. I'm stating no friction modifier is required for Getrag units cause its an NVH issue.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post

Side note.... Putting 75-140 Royal Purple w friction mod additive in after new diff is installed but feel dumb bc if this fluid already has Friction mod, Do i really need to buy OEM friction mod?
    Why the 75-140? I'm running straight 75W-90 without any added friction modifier in my GETRAG swap. Also fill it before you get it up into the car....much easier.
    [/SIGPIC]2005 Chrysler 300C SBE, ported big valved heads, Hellcat lifters, SRT 6.1 intake manifold, SRT shorties, custom grind Billy Drakeford cam, SLP LM1, MTCM and GETRAG 3.06 swap.
    Thanks Jay Z thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorMuscle View Post
    Why the 75-140? I'm running straight 75W-90 without any added friction modifier in my GETRAG swap. Also fill it before you get it up into the car....much easier.
    ^^^This is what I'm say'in :^)

Important; matches specs. Friction modifier satisfies only those who want to believe that the noise - if they ever heard it - which in this case harmless - is tantamount to some sort of serious problem. It ain't...in fact it adds to clutch pack failure when deliberately trying, for whatever reason, to break the rear tires loose :^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoaaaaaaa. Thank you Simon for the correction. I got 75-140 by spec but then again I was thinking my stock 3.06 was 75-140. And also use RP ONLY in the diff bc it has served me well with current car and previous 2 car's with no rear end issues. Returning these to oreillys as we speak

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok everyone, swap was successful and posted a TRIED 0-60ish from a dead stop and umm had to lose the phone to actually drive it lol. See if this works from my phone

0-60ish 3.91 Getrag - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha! Story of my life. I borrow the Daytona from time to time, and my phone is often forgotten.

Did you have to 'massage' the e-brake cable on yours to get the axle to clear?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, only brakes I had to mess with was rotors/calipers. My exhaust was and IS the worst part. Got a plan 4 that though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234