Post Thanks / Like

Side exit exhaust...

I have been wanting to put side exit exhaust on my 06 Daytona. Currently has American Thunder catbacks, but I was curious if anyone has done this, and if there is any benefit such as reducing the drone?

I can do it so it is cut outs or all of the time. Any help in this area would be awesome!

TIA
    MoparMinion is my 2006 Top Bananuh (intentionally spelled wrong) #2915, Best ET 14.10

Drag Racer at heart, but more a racer than a mechanic...
    Previous/Current Cars worth mentioning: 1981 Fairmont Wagon - 10.45 (current racecar), 2013 Mustang GT M6 - 12.79, 2013 EcoBoost Flex -14.36, 2001 Mustang GT - 13.21, 07 cbr600rr - 10.73, Suzuki Hayabusa - 10.79 (spun every pass), 1986 Mustang GT - 14.01, 1968 Impala - 13.92, 1972 Cutlass S - 14.11

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive seen a challenger with them. Not sure how much that helps?!
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs - Killer Glass - BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brass Monkey Hellcat Reps - KW Adjustable Springs - Stainless Long Tube Headers w/ Catless Mids - Whipple 2.9L - TruFiber Deep Dish Grill - Amerihood Hellcat Hood

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UpInSmoke View Post
    Ive seen a challenger with them. Not sure how much that helps?!
    I saw one too, but only pictures, and couldn't find anything else...hence why I am asking, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Side exit exhaust...

I did a custom setup on my Challenger that was like that. It was all straight (oval) piping. I tried to mimic the old 70’ t/a. It was LOUD, scared the **** outta people. I loved it but got rid of it when I tried to drop weight for the track.
    I had longtubes to no cat mids, put a oval cut out plate welded to the middle of the mids, ran oval straight pipe all the way back to the front of the rear tire then made a exit at 45°. Capped off the mid pipes. No drone or resonance in cabin but it was loud in the cabin cruising. Miss the look sometimes. Some old pictures but you can see it in front of the rear tire in these. Cost me like $100 in materials and an exhaust shop charged like $80 to do what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Tikibeast thanked for this post
    Likes Jay Z, Tikibeast, Pandora, MoparMinion liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! That actually helps a lot, I am thinking about flanging it and making 2 pieces, 1 with muffle for city driving, one open for racing! Although loud never bothered me, just drone.

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure what you have motor wise but since you stated that you race it. You need to think about taile pipe placement in case you lift a head. If you lift a head and have tail pipe aimed infront of the rears tires, could cause a nasty wreck.
    Likes blistering liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    not sure what you have motor wise but since you stated that you race it. You need to think about taile pipe placement in case you lift a head. If you lift a head and have tail pipe aimed infront of the rears tires, could cause a nasty wreck.
    Stock with a tune...not too worried about that, but I will make sure to keep that in mind when placing the side exits.