Post Thanks / Like

Is there a spool option?

I'm going to point out first, I am in no way a differential expert, or anything even close.

Now that that's out of the way, Is there an option for a spool for the stock carrier?
    In all my past cars, that I raced heavily, I always opted for a spool and c-clip eliminators after upping the gearset.
    Is this possible in a IRS differential?
    I'm still trying to track down a set of 3.55 ring and pinion for the stock 210mm carrier. In the meantime, I would love to lock the axles together. I usually don't have a problem with a one wheel peel, my car makes enough power to spin both tires in a burnout. But every once in a while the passenger side will spin a few turns and then grab.

I haven't ever seen a spool option for these cars, in any carrier option. I know they make lsds but I'm not looking for that.

Any info from you guys would be super helpful in my search.
    08 Charger RT Resurrected
    Fastest Recorded Pass; 11.48 @ 120mph
    **Stock 5.7 block, Stock heads, Stock cam, Stock converter, True CAI routed under the bumper, JBA shorty headers, JBA catless mid-pipes to dumps, stock transmission, stock carrier, stock gears, a lot of nitrous, sticky tires, colder plugs, and a really good tune**

Post Thanks / Like
    C clips are non existent in our irs cars. Stock carrier there is no spool option as far as I know.
    9” conversion you can opt for a spool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to do that conversion, but my pockets just aren't that deep lmao.

I'm surprised nobody makes that option, or made, considering they do have lsd options. A spool is just so much more economical than a full blown LSD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever driven a spool on the street? I can't see why anybody would want one just to do burnouts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    Ever driven a spool on the street? I can't see why anybody would want one just to do burnouts.
    Actually yes. I've driven multiple cars set up that way. It's not that bad, no more annoying than driving without power steering, or without heat/ac. It has a higher purpose than just for the burnout, it equalizes the power to both tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a quaife lsd for sale that does the same thing. it's in my stock 06 srt8 diff. 215mm I believe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MT 426 300 View Post
    I have a quaife lsd for sale that does the same thing. it's in my stock 06 srt8 diff. 215mm I believe.

I appreciate it man, but I have an RT, with the stock 210mm carrier, so that won't fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee_RT View Post
    I appreciate it man, but I have an RT, with the stock 210mm carrier, so that won't fit.
    it would with my stock axles and rear driveshaft as well. I have the stock hubs too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MT 426 300 View Post
    it would with my stock axles and rear driveshaft as well. I have the stock hubs too

Pm me with info

Post Thanks / Like
    Good ol Lincoln locker lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee_RT View Post
    Pm me with info
    sent a message