Post Thanks / Like

Damn close but not quite, nag1 swap

Alright folks so ive been at my nag1 swap for awhile, finally got the whole damn thing wired up and put back together and all I have left is programming.

Found someone local to do the pcm for about $125. What all do I need to tell this guy to do when he shows up? The pcm that came from the car with the nag1 donor was an 07, which I know had the physical key fob, mine is an 08 which has the fobik. Will that be an issue? If not, then what exactly does this guy need to do to make everything kosher so I can get this baby back on the road? I know he at least has to match up the abs, wcm, etc couple others that I can't remember atm.

He's says he's using the Witech program if it matters.

Just wanna make sure what to say so I don't have the guy come out and charge me some fee regardless if he can't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you swapped in a NAG1, did you also wire in a TCM?
    03 Hemi Ram, 05 Magnum R/T, 06 Charger R/T (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    got the whole damn thing wired up and put back together and all I have left is programming.
    that would be part of it probably, yeah i did

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump if anyone knows, cause I still don't

Post Thanks / Like
    I swapped my stock nag one on my 06 mag to a paramount built tranny for a 08 chally. and did nothing but swap the tranny and TQ. No programming.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, 383 Stroker/SRT heads,headers and mids,, Tranny cooler with fan control, built tranny/flex plate/4K conv,09 Chally rear with Quaife posi. Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately its not that easy, as I went from the 42rle to the nag1, a lot more involved than a simple swap

Post Thanks / Like
    Still wondering

Post Thanks / Like
    Just guessing since I have not done it, but since you have the 07 PCM and you have everything wired, then you can probably get away with simply flashing your 08 VIN into the 07 PCM. Then the PCM VIN will match the car's vin and so the security will be satisfied. If he knows how, he can probably reprogram the 07 PCM with 08 programming if the car doesn't like the 07 programming. Anyway I would try the 08 vin in the 07 pcm and see what happens and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually from what ive read, all of the modules are vin synced. hopefully he will be able to do all of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    Actually from what ive read, all of the modules are vin synced. hopefully he will be able to do all of them
    They are, but you said you swapped in a transmission. Have you replaced all the modules too? Despite them being vin coded, I do not believe they will actually prevent the car from running and driving; except the PCM that is. That's why I suggested to flash it and then go from there. Good luck with your car!

Post Thanks / Like
    No, no other modules changed. Didn't know if there would be a need to register each module with the pcm or something. Just a thought cause the airbag, abs, esp/bas, and security light all are lit since the pcm swap. Thanks though, ill try it