Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oil cooler hose 55038143AA

Hello folks
    I have a leak on oil cooler hose . The part number is 55038143AA but that part number is no longer available. I went to my dealer and looked all over the internet,but nobody has that part. Anyone have an idea where to find it or what would be appropriate replacement?
    Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not enough information

year, model, engine
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry,I have bone stock magnum 3.5 sxt,2008 with 4 speed transmission. Dont know how to post picture

Post Thanks / Like
    And it has 50k miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Capture+_2019-01-28-12-25-07.jpg

Looks like rockauto has it, gotta love rockauto.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I'm looking at the wrong part, but when I do a net search for the # you provided the very first link that pops up shows it in stock at RockAuto. Not sure if they will ship to your location, but it's worth trying.

MOPAR 55038143AA Oil Cooler Line | RockAuto

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    Capture+_2019-01-28-12-25-07.jpg

Looks like rockauto has it, gotta love rockauto.
    Beat me to it.. I was trying to see if it was available elsewhere in case RA won't ship to him. I did find one instance of it on eBay but shipping from the UAE..

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah,I put it in the basket 2 days ago from Rockouto,and it says NOT AVAILABLE.
    Then yesterday I found it on Leeparts,and paypal went through. Today they made me refund of money telling me its not available.
    I saw one on ebay from UAE but expected delivery in March.
    Cant beleive that one small curved rubber hose can give me such a headache.
    Is there any part from any car that can fit our cars?
    Went to NAPA yesterday,they offered same ahape hose,but for coolant,not oil resistant. I do not wanna risk with 10$ hose to lose oil and blow engine

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh, sorry to hear it. Usually when it's out of stock at RA, the site will show you right there in the listing without having to put it in the cart.

You definitely do not want to use hose not rated for oil. The oil will degrade the hose in a hurry and it will fail.

I'm not familiar with that particular application but is it possible you can use regular bulk hose there instead of the molded piece? Obviously you would need enough room to bend it around without kinking it.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Check a local wrecking yard, or go to Cleveland Pick a Part here in the Vendors section.

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see on the on the pic from RA,it is a U shaped hose about 10-12 inch total length. Thats why I came here as my last source for help what to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    New sounds iffy; like I said, your best bet is a local wrecker, Cleveland (who will likely have it) or broadcasting (WTB) in the For Sale thread on here.

EDIT; fabricate, or have someone fabricate one for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the rock auto pic is correct. Go to oreillys. They have a ton of hoses in the back with pre bent bends. Take your sample and fine one you can match up the bend to. You will have to cut it down as they have sold of different sizes ect but you may find one that will work for you

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris's idea has merit. But be forewarned; not any hose will do. You need;
    - pressure rated hose, 30-50psi is adequate (glass or KEVLAR fiber reinforced)
    - must be oil (petroleum-based fluid) compatible
    - must be able to be used with outside clamp mechanisms (hose clamp-type)
    - Ensure you get proper clamps...not just screw type "hose clamps".

Realize that a hose failure would not only be messy @ 3-40psi, but would quickly empty the transmission of fluid...which would likely lead to more expensive failure modes.

Post Thanks / Like
    US1Champ - he may have a tough time going to O'Reilly's; his location says Serbia.

Regarding Hemissary's advice...I thought I could get by for a very short while using regular rubber hose to temporarily short out an engine oil cooler until the correct radiator arrived for my wrecker project. I had put a lot of hours and effort into a Vortec 7.4 swap in what was formerly a 6.5 turbodiesel Chevrolet 3500HD and had it running/driving, just needing finishing details. Drove it to the parts house one day to pick up something for my other truck and the hose burst, sprayed hot oil over the much hotter engine (including exhaust manifolds) and promptly caught on fire. Hose failure was from the oil attacking it as the area where it burst had become jelly-soft. Got lucky and borrowed a fire extinguisher from a shop at the intersection where I caught fire, very little damage, then caught a tow home from a friend of mine whose regular 3500 did not like picking up my considerably heavier HD model..

Richard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast