Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang Richard...glad it wasn't worse :^(

For the OP; apologies batoni I too missed your location, my advice about going to a local wrecker is misplaced. My suggestion is to approach Cleveland (see the Vendors on front page) to see if they can help you. Maybe some of us can help to get the part to you.

In the meantime I'm going to check with my Parts People here in Canada.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    I phoned those who I get parts through regularly. Although discontinued, there is still stock available for FCA, at least 3 units across a number of PDCs (Parts Distribution Centers).

My advice would be to talk to another Vendor here that caters to LX Forums Members; namely East Coast Moparts. Andy should be able to attain the part for you and arrange for shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,thanks for your replies,I really appreciate it. Like Richard stated what happened to him,thats what I am freaking about. One little piece of hose( but exact specifications hose) can lead to very bad and costly damage. Its the same if one of our body main arteries burst,cousing death.
    I apologize for my initial question,I was in a hurry posting it,but I brought back my Magnum to Florida in 2017,and I am in Florida,too. So the car travelled to Serbia in 2009,it was my summer time driving car arround Europe,and brought it back to Florida. Dont think any lx on this forum made so many miles without moving :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I contact Andy,can you pm me a number,please

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batoni View Post
    How do I contact Andy,can you pm me a number,please
    Google East Coast MOPARTs

Given you're on this continent, go back to your Dealer Parts Counter and kick their ass - tell them to do their job and order the #$%^& part.

EDIT: there should be zero cost to you for getting it to the Dealership counter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what I did first. I went to my dealership Massey Yardley Chrysler Dodge in Plantation Florida,and to their parts department,they said part is no longer available. They sent me to nearby Bennet auto suply,but no luck. Neither Autozone,Advanced auto,PepBoys,NAPA nor internet search.
    I will call East Coast Moparts tomorrow since they are closed now. I am in a hurry to find and replace that part by Saturday becouse my wife and doughter are coming to visit me from Serbia and we havent been together since June las year,I really wanted to fix the car bwdore thwy arrive.
    I wish I know how to post pic,but seems like I have a problem from my phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batoni View Post
    Thats what I did first. I went to my dealership Massey Yardley Chrysler Dodge in Plantation Florida,and to their parts department,they said part is no longer available. They sent me to nearby Bennet auto suply,but no luck. Neither Autozone,Advanced auto,PepBoys,NAPA nor internet search.
    I will call East Coast Moparts tomorrow since they are closed now. I am in a hurry to find and replace that part by Saturday becouse my wife and doughter are coming to visit me from Serbia and we havent been together since June las year,I really wanted to fix the car bwdore thwy arrive.
    I wish I know how to post pic,but seems like I have a problem from my phone
    If I, from Canada, can determine that there are OEM parts available...that dealership is dropping the ball. I would be embarrassing them into getting you the part, overnight, at their cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    US1Champ - he may have a tough time going to O'Reilly's; his location says Serbia.

Regarding Hemissary's advice...I thought I could get by for a very short while using regular rubber hose to temporarily short out an engine oil cooler until the correct radiator arrived for my wrecker project. I had put a lot of hours and effort into a Vortec 7.4 swap in what was formerly a 6.5 turbodiesel Chevrolet 3500HD and had it running/driving, just needing finishing details. Drove it to the parts house one day to pick up something for my other truck and the hose burst, sprayed hot oil over the much hotter engine (including exhaust manifolds) and promptly caught on fire. Hose failure was from the oil attacking it as the area where it burst had become jelly-soft. Got lucky and borrowed a fire extinguisher from a shop at the intersection where I caught fire, very little damage, then caught a tow home from a friend of mine whose regular 3500 did not like picking up my considerably heavier HD model..

Richard
    Lol sorry didn’t see his location. Ya that may be a BIT TUFF lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    Lol sorry didn’t see his location. Ya that may be a BIT TUFF lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's in Florida right now, he can get it lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Take the hose to a hydraulic shop and get it made. They have all kinds of hoses and fittings available. Probably cheaper then buying oem at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks,I finally found the way to post pics.
    Here you can see what is going on on my car. One thing that confuses me is as you can see a drop of oil on the bottom of my oil filter. I always used original mopar oil filters,but this is the Mobile filter recomended by manufacturer along with full synthetic extended life oil 5w30. I read somewhere that this filters tend to leak. If someone can verify,one of the things I am thinking is it possible that filter leak spreaded the oil to that hose,and maybe hose is not the problem at all?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have that u hose if it is the one as part of the 3.5 oil cooler. New never used. It's a discontinued part.

Last edited by BryGuy; 01-28-2019 at 11:29 PM.

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300) / StopTech SS brake lines
    Thanks batoni thanked for this post
    Likes batoni, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good one Bryan :^)

First, it is extremely rare that an oil filter leaks, don't believe the usually over-the-top biased BS about oil filter branding. Check to ensure(!) the previous oil gasket is not stacked on top of the new oil filter's gasket !! Also - that its tight.

You're premise that the oil line may be fine is valid. Airflow would definitely push oil from the oil filter onto all the (oiled) surfaces we see in your pics. Clean it up and find out. However, the existing oil / grit looks to have been present for more than one possible leaky oil filter change.

How much oil are seeing on the garage floor? This is a bit complicated to gauge, especially if the oil filter / base has been leaking for some time. Another idea would be to look underneath while engine is hot and running to literally observe if it is dripping - and at what rate...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-28-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank so much guys for your efforts to help me solve my problem. You guys rock!!!
    That filter was purchased at Walmart along with Mobile synthetic extended life 5w30 oil. I went to a local shop few days ago to change the oil and filter after exactly 5k miles,when the mechanic called me under car to show me the leak. I was pissed off. Than I went to my Dodge dealer and showed the pics. The mechanic said its a cooler line hose. Walked in their part department,and gentleman said its not available any longer.
    I scheduled transmission fluid change with filter,but want to have that hose with me at the time.
    As far as the floor,there is just a few stains very little maybe 2 inch,but not realy like a lot of oil.
    I kept my Magnum really with care for the past 10 years . Imagine filling your gas tank in Europe and spending 130 $ for a full tank? Or paying Castrol synthetic oil 20$ per quart. Or price of front brake pads at 450 us$.
    I will definitely going to change the oil and filter again next few days,even I made only 50 miles since last change. Will keep with Mopar.
    Also,mr Bryan,if you would sale that tube to me,I would appreciate that.
    Please pm me
    Again,thanks guys,you really rock!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely make sure there is only one gasket on that filter.

Unless the tech has actually 100% confirmed that the root cause of the oil leak - is that line - you really need to determine where the leak is originating....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast