Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

delete

hnnhn
    Last edited by Jay727; 05-23-2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: delete

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell them the car dies only after filling it with gas and that you read about a tsb for gas tank replacement. They should take it from there. They get paid by Chrysler to do the job so it's not like they're going to try to get out of it.

You're way over thinking this. It's simple and it's a problem that's been solved for over a decade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, SRT Heads/Intake - ARH Long Tubes - Spartan Plus Cam - Magnaflow - 3.91s - 411rwhp/410rwtq
    Acceleration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLey...aubWU9N6ezVy7g

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027

Likes Dr. Bud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What make, model and year is your care?

Post Thanks / Like
    They will check the vin# and if it is in the range of affected vehicles, they will get you to bring it in and they will check it. In fact when they enter the vin#, there should be a list of stuff that may affect your car.

My 05 would occasionally randomly stall and still does by the way. But what told the tale for my car was that I couldn't fill it very fast without the pump shutting off. I had to take the car in to be checked and it did have the bad venting problem so they replaced the tank no charge. However, they left the fill hose loose and it was dripping fuel after filling it up. Later I found out they didn't push the exhaust far enough into the joint in front of the muffler and it sagged causing a rattle against the crossover brace months afterwards. I paid Midas about $35 to fix it. So, there is always the problem of getting a lousy mechanic for the job.
    Last edited by 2005rtmag; 01-06-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My car 06 SRT 300 did stall the first fill up when I brought the car in 2014 @ 136K. I freaked out thinking the guy I brought it from pulled a fast one on me. Kept doing it and realized it was when I filled up completely full. I stopped filling up all the way and the problem went away. Then FCA sent me the statement about fuel tank replacement and I got it done. You will have to have them inspect the car and then they will determine if that's the problem. The tank was on back order for a year and then I was scheduled for replacement.

You may have to try another dealer if your local one is denying you. If you have a 1st gen LX it should be covered for life.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - T/H 20X9/10 Wheels - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just go in and show them that tsb. Say you need a new tank. They will probably look it up in their system to verify it.

(and ps, youre not legally allowed to remove the evap canister and will fail emission test)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay727 View Post
    Yea lol. It's illegal to tamper with the emissions system. I'm curious why people say things. Why do you feel you need to say that? I'm just curious.
    cause some ppl dont know better and think old school and just rip **** off.
    I dont know you or your "knowledge" of cars. So i took the two seconds to make it clear so you dont commit a federal offense by accident.
    ef me tho right?
    Likes Dr. Bud, someotherguy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A whole lot of members here have had their tanks replaced under the new lifetime warranty provision, so it's not out of line for someone to suggest going through the regular process of going to the dealer. The fact that you had different results may speak more towards how you interact with people. You sure are combative as hell on here.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes Hemissary, Dr. Bud, UpInSmoke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea because I go in the dealer and ask about the gas tank thats been talked about for 10 years and they tell me they never heard of it and I walk out. I call customer care they never heard of it. I get on here and I'm a big dumbass because I just need to go to the dealer. So being polite just gets me blown off, do I need to be combative with the dealer....
    Combative, no, but yes stand up for yourself. You have the tsb right there, take that to the dealer. You're getting a lot of help here, everyone is just going through the steps. You can take it down a notch, we all want to see you get this issue fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries. We'll all get through this How do you get a warranty gas tank

Post Thanks / Like
    How far away is the next FCA dealership? Maybe a change in dealership is needed.

Also, it's not that surprising the dealership doesn't know much about it. Most of the tank replacements happened 5 some years ago. Turnover rate at dealerships (and call centers) is high, so chances of people knowing about a TSB on a 14 year old car are low.
    Click this link to see Photobucket images again!

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since the TSB covers stalling immediately after a fill-up, I suspect that you will not be happy with the result of your appointment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the bad tank going off the part number, my car is listed as having the warranty per the VIS.
    It stalled twice this morning and four times on my way home. It's a 15 minute drive.
    Not all of the "bad" tanks display the behavior; they can develop it over time. That's why they extended the warranty to lifetime on all potentially affected vehicles, instead of issuing a recall.

If you're stalling more often than just after filling up, you likely have other (or multiple) issues. You can rule out the tank issue by loosening the gas cap and driving like that until you've run several gallons down from the full tank. If it continues to stall then there are other issues. Some (considerably fewer) vehicles have been experiencing stalling at random times, related to a faulty PCM.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    I would just go in and show them that tsb. Say you need a new tank. They will probably look it up in their system to verify it.

(and ps, youre not legally allowed to remove the evap canister and will fail emission test)
    There is no TSB.

It is a lifetime warranty, on the tank, as a result of a settlement from an NTSB investigation.

If you're having trouble getting this work done, you need to use the right wording. They are right in telling you there is no TSB and that they can't find it, because it doesn't exist.

Owners were sent at least one letter, from Chrysler/FCA notifying them of the warranty and symptoms of failure.

Dealers should look this up under WARRANTY, not TSB.

I went through this, with the wife's Magnum. Kept stalling. After a year, we got the letter. Even with the letter in hand, the idiot service writer tried to tell me a new thanks was $1500, installed.

I finally had to get serious with him and insist he actually read the letter and look it up, under warranty.

Sure enough... there it was, in the computer.

2 days later, new tank, under warranty. No more stalling...

Bob

Lux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes DBL.DWN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a different dealer maybe? The first 05 Magnum i bought in 2012 stalled a week after i bought it after fill up. The PO had given me tons of paperwork on the car and one piece was the recall notice. The car only had 45k on it and the dealer here ordered a tank, which was back ordered, and installed free of charge. The Magnum i bought about 2 years ago had 135k on it and i'm sure i'm 3rd owner. I took it in for a fuel smell in the car and they replaced the tank the same day, free of charge. On a side note as somebody else wrote however, i was backing out of my driveway the next day in my wife's car and noticed that my exhaust on the Magnum looked like i had hit something and was all crooked. Whatever tech i had on the gas tank put the exhaust back on horribly. I had to drop it and reinstall it myself.
    2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils,..Dropped Valve..rebuild...6.1 springs,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners throughout,Sidewinder cam,Comp Cams pushrods,Tune by Johan,Taylor 8.2 shortys,Speedlogix catch can,BT Batwing and engine bling,BT pink thingy,Scat Pack wheels,245/45/20,RKSPORT Viper ACR hood,full Volant SS cat back,AFE Magnum Force CAI,R1 Concepts black slotted/drilled rotors F/B,ceramic pads,DC Strut tower brace,Bitchin pistol grip shifter
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda
    1976 340 Pro Street Plymouth Arrow
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast