Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    As expected; good to hear. I have zero sympathy for those who won't take the time to understand what they are relying upon to get them from A to B.
    I agree with this 10000%. It always amazes me how many folks just drive them until they break, and then cry the blues. Almost all problems will give "at least" some warning that something is not right. It's not too tough to tell when something is not acting/sounding the way it normally does when the vehicle is in good shape. Guess, when this happens, they just turn up the stereo instead of investigating.
    06 300CSRT8, Comp cammed, 85mm TB, HP/DS Tuners, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT (5.7's) both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    As expected; good to hear. I have zero sympathy for those who won't take the time to understand what they are relying upon to get them from A to B.
    Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HWDan View Post
    :^) Cant tell Dan; is there some sort of dolly?
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    :^) Cant tell Dan; is there some sort of dolly?
    Nope, just the rotor lol

Post Thanks / Like
    That guy is a boss. Some people, man...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't take my cars to the dealer first, I do my research then call FCA set up the fact that the issue is real and will be covered under warranty then take it to the dealer and let them know I have it already set, and 5,4,3,2,1 the factory calls and tells them to take care of it for free. In this case of the tank and stalling after filling up I'm glad I did because this lifetime warranty only applies if the cars is under 99k miles! my 06 was so got lucky on that. Took it to the dealer the next day and by the end of that day it was fixed. Very simple process. but do your diligence and research! Just had an issue with the airbags in the headrests of my Durango and guess what the dealer tried to tell my wife it wasn't covered and said its about $1500 a headrest! called FCA the same day got it resolved in less than an hour, even had FCA call the dealer directly, next thing we got was a call from the dealer asking us when was a convenient time to bing it in! a week later after the parts showed up, half a day and for free it was fixed.
    2006 R/T

K&N CAI
    Magnaflow
    DiabloSport Tune
    Kenwood DVD multi DNX series

Post Thanks / Like

How do you get a warranty gas tank

My car had way over 99,000 when the issue with the tank* began. Had zero issue getting the replacement. Free

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmanjbmopar View Post
    I don't take my cars to the dealer first, I do my research then call FCA set up the fact that the issue is real and will be covered under warranty then take it to the dealer and let them know I have it already set, and 5,4,3,2,1 the factory calls and tells them to take care of it for free. In this case of the tank and stalling after filling up I'm glad I did because this lifetime warranty only applies if the cars is under 99k miles! my 06 was so got lucky on that. Took it to the dealer the next day and by the end of that day it was fixed. Very simple process. but do your diligence and research! Just had an issue with the airbags in the headrests of my Durango and guess what the dealer tried to tell my wife it wasn't covered and said its about $1500 a headrest! called FCA the same day got it resolved in less than an hour, even had FCA call the dealer directly, next thing we got was a call from the dealer asking us when was a convenient time to bing it in! a week later after the parts showed up, half a day and for free it was fixed.
    They're trying to f you out of a gas tank. My car had right under 118,000 on it.
    FCA and the dealer "never heard of a part with a lifetime warranty"
    How do you talk them into it? If your car had 101,000 you would have hung up the phone and said oh well.

You need to learn your diligence and proper research, the x53 gas tank warranty is the second google result I just got here https://m.dealerconnect.chrysler.com...ODM-9KXL5T.pdf

It's says unlimited mileage. You can even go to the dealer with your VIN and get a VIP summary. It will say unlimited months and unlimited miles. Thats if your car has the NFK sales code for the tank.
    Thanks blue_devil thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmanjbmopar View Post
    this lifetime warranty only applies if the cars is under 99k miles!
    Whoever told you that is incorrect. Lifetime is lifetime, and in Mopar's own words from the X53 warranty bulletin document: "This warranty extension coverage is unlimited time and miles."

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Going thru this tank replacement warranty process this week. I've lived with filling the tank 2/3rds the way for over a year. Finally decided this is the time, if I wait another month it may not be possible with everything going on.

Airbags, transmission, suspension have been checked off the major must-do list. Last thing is the faulty gas tank.

So far, so good on this warranty work. They said the undercarriage looks clean, no major rust and they do not foresee any problems with removal/ installation.

Thanks for all the great info and helpful advice in this thread, fellow members!

Last edited by blue_devil; 03-17-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    2006 (Manu.Date 5/05) Magnum RT (midnight blue) - STOCK... Rolled over 100K on the OD. Just general maintenance for now.
    Likes someotherguy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_devil View Post
    Going thru this tank replacement warranty process this week. I've lived with filling the tank 2/3rds the way for over a year. Finally decided this is the time, if I wait another month it may not be possible with everything going on.

Airbags, transmission, suspension have been checked off the major must-do list. Last thing is the faulty gas tank.

So far, so good on this warranty work. They said the undercarriage looks clean, no major rust and they do not foresee any problems with removal/ installation.

Thanks for all the great info and helpful advice in this thread, fellow members!

Normally I would say it should be a worry-free warranty job, but others have complained about a few issues after the work was done. Seems to be mostly issues with exhaust fitment due to poor re-assembly, and a few cases of fuel smell inside the vehicle because the pump was not re-installed correctly or perhaps the plastic pump/sender assembly broke during the job. You would *hope* the tech would catch that and not let it go out the door, but things happen. Just be aware of the possibilities.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay727 View Post
    They're trying to f you out of a gas tank. My car had right under 118,000 on it.
    FCA and the dealer "never heard of a part with a lifetime warranty"
    How do you talk them into it? If your car had 101,000 you would have hung up the phone and said oh well.

You need to learn your diligence and proper research, the x53 gas tank warranty is the second google result I just got here https://m.dealerconnect.chrysler.com...ODM-9KXL5T.pdf

It's says unlimited mileage. You can even go to the dealer with your VIN and get a VIP summary. It will say unlimited months and unlimited miles. Thats if your car has the NFK sales code for the tank.
    Yep, unlimited means unlimited. I had my 06 300 C SRT8 tank replaced at 170K without any dealer issues and at no cost.....as it should be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going through the process of trying to get mine done now as well, apparently the tank is on national backorder, Andy doesn't even list a part number for it on his website currently, so I suppose I'll be hanging out waiting for it to come in once normalcy resumes.
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I should get the process started if it's backordered.. I've had the issue for about 6 years.. 50k miles..
    2005 300C
    MMPG 6.1 Heads, Custom Cam, MMPG 87mm TB
    C&L Intake, Tranzformer, Moroso Catch Can
    Richmond 3.55 , Quaife LSD , Getrag 3.06 LSD, 226mm upgrade
    API Tuned
    DSS 2-Piece Chromoly DS
    B&C Coilovers, Speedlogix Adjustable Billet Rear Control Arms
    SRT-8 Replica 20x9 Wheels
    400whp/399wtq

Post Thanks / Like
    Update... Tank was replaced a few weeks ago. Smooth experience. They had my magnum for 3 days, delayed because of an O-ring they needed to order, 2 fuel pumps. I told them to take their time. I also mentioned that others have had problems post replacement, with hangers, bolts, fuel lines, etc. and to please take their time with install. I told them I was not in a rush to get the vehicle back. I also told them to thank the TECH that was replacing my tank ahead of time. That I planned to keep this car another 10yrs, fix it up, take care of it. I even taped a small photo of my kids on the center console. I think it ALL worked, my approach. My dealership was able to order my tank early March. I called the parts department 2 weeks later and instructed they NOT send my tank back while everything was going on with the virus, planned shut down in fear it may not be available if they re-ordered. GL everyone...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast