Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Red R/T View Post
    Try a different dealer maybe? The first 05 Magnum i bought in 2012 stalled a week after i bought it after fill up. The PO had given me tons of paperwork on the car and one piece was the recall notice. The car only had 45k on it and the dealer here ordered a tank, which was back ordered, and installed free of charge. The Magnum i bought about 2 years ago had 135k on it and i'm sure i'm 3rd owner. I took it in for a fuel smell in the car and they replaced the tank the same day, free of charge. On a side note as somebody else wrote however, i was backing out of my driveway the next day in my wife's car and noticed that my exhaust on the Magnum looked like i had hit something and was all crooked. Whatever tech i had on the gas tank put the exhaust back on horribly. I had to drop it and reinstall it myself.
    As people keep having to say this issue is not a recall but a lifetime warranty.
    2005 Cool Vanilla Magnum R/T
    20" 2008 SRT Alcoa wheels
    Front SRT shocks/springs
    245/45/20 Firestone Wide Oval, Front Brembo Conversion
    K&N CAI, Diablosport InTune
    MSD Blaster Coil Kit, 6 Disc RAQ Radio

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to tell them it stalls because when I fill it past 3/4full it smells Strong of gas

Post Thanks / Like
    My 06 300C SRT8 has recently started stalling out after filling the gas tank (no overfill), so I called The Chrysler/Dodge "HotLine", like some have said to do, and talked to a nice lady that verified there is a gas tank warranty on my ride. She also gave me a case number and even made an appointment for me at the local stealer.

The problem I have with this is that there is a ridiculous $128 "diagnostic" fee and they have to keep the vehicle for at least 4 hours. Does this really require some sort of diagnostics and has this happened to anyone else before they will do the tank replacement......or, is the stealer just being a stealer? I have a fairly high end diagnostic scanner and, if they're just going to check/test the purge valve (a 5 minute job), I can (and have) checked it and it works fine. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.
    06 300CSRT8, cammed only so far, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. It's not the purge valve, at issue, it's the evap canister.

2. $128. Nope. It's a WARRANTY.

They tried to pull that with me. I insisted that the tank be replaced under warranty... nothing less, as I had serious stalling issues.

Once agreed, the diagnostic fee was moot & repairs were free.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    Last edited by diboblo; 06-05-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes KYUUBI liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuman View Post
    My 06 300C SRT8 has recently started stalling out after filling the gas tank (no overfill), so I called The Chrysler/Dodge "HotLine", like some have said to do, and talked to a nice lady that verified there is a gas tank warranty on my ride. She also gave me a case number and even made an appointment for me at the local stealer.

The problem I have with this is that there is a ridiculous $128 "diagnostic" fee and they have to keep the vehicle for at least 4 hours. Does this really require some sort of diagnostics and has this happened to anyone else before they will do the tank replacement......or, is the stealer just being a stealer? I have a fairly high end diagnostic scanner and, if they're just going to check/test the purge valve (a 5 minute job), I can (and have) checked it and it works fine. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

I wouldn't even bother with a service advisor. (or whatever the little douchebags are called)
    Call the dealer and talk to the service manager.

Yes I was robbed the first time by these *******s at Arrigo Dodge in Fort Pierce, Florida.

The second time I spoke to a service advisor and he insisted they do a diagnostic and charge me. (again)

I called the hotline and the "nice lady" transferred me to who else, the same ******* I just spoke to in person.

I called back and demanded to speak to someone who could actually help me. They transferred me to the service dept manager. I had to practically beg the guy to approve the work.

I said it's under warranty, it has the symptoms, if it's not the tank now it eventually will be and I plan to keep the car. And probably a lot more.

He scheduled a day and ordered the tank. I made a video of the underside of my car, it's a florida car thats been very well taken care of, not some rusted out canadian pile of **** that most people on here have (thanks for the support lxforum)

When I went to pick it up I walked right to the car, the torque box shields were gone except for the center piece. I went to sign the papers and asked the guy if I could have the torque box shields, like I wouldn't notice they were gone.

Well the look of the guy carrying these from the shop to the service writer area was priceless. Looked like they took them off with a hatchet (or forgot to take them off before putting it on the lift). I asked the guy "what do I do".
    He went to the parts dept and ordered two new ones with all the hardware and said come back in a week and we'll install them for you. I said no I'll just pick them up.

Went to pick them up in a week and the parts guy said that'll be $278 or something close to that. I went and got the service writer and walked out with free parts.

So my advice is get an answer on whats going to be done before even driving to the dealer. Take pictures. When you pick it up inspect it well before you leave. I don't know how many people and how many times I was told the car is 14 years old (even though it's a 2006 and it's 13 years old). So thats why they didn't want to do the tank, it's 14 years old. Thats why the torque box shields broke, because it's 14 years old. The ****ers even dented the side of the car when they sent a porter to put gas in it.

The best part was starting this thread and getting a reply to the question of how do you get a new tank. "well you just contact your dealer" funniest **** I've ever heard. Really? just contact the dealer and they'll give you a tank asap, what a ****ing joke.

People also question why I act pissed off, or like an *******. There's a reason for everything. Getting ****ed the first time. Then telling me they want to **** me again "BECAUSE WE CAN'T JUST CHANGE THE TANK WITHOUT A DIAGNOSIS!!!!" Then being asked on here "whats the problem, they're handing out free gas tanks, golly gee they'll probably give you two if you ask, one for a spare"

I don't care who you are you can be made a pissed off ******* if you put up with enough bull****.

Post Thanks / Like
    And remember this, if you bothered to read the whole thing above it took what two minutes. Well realize that's not how long this whole ordeal took in real life. I have at least three hours of BS trying to get this done. I'm sure it's more than that. Having someone follow me to the dealer to drop the car off twice. Then pick it up twice. On hold on the phone while I'm at work, sometimes while driving and having a crappy signal, can't hear over the vehicle I'm in, can't write and drive.

Oh, whats the big deal they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took my 06 magnum to the dealer for the same issue. At first I was told they would have to diagnose the problem. Min later after he looked up the bulletin or warranty he said no problem we can take your word for it and ordered the tank.
    We have to understand that the only way to fix an issue is to diagnose the issue. They are only doing the job they are paid to do. It sucks that it can be expensive to do that but it could save you money in the long run. How do you get a warranty gas tank

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Look up the service bulletin/warranty for the full tank/stalling issue. It clearly states the only diagnostic that is to be done it the customer states it stalls on a full tank of gas.
    Thanks Jay727 thanked for this post
    Likes KYUUBI liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I called the dealer about changing mine, they told me to bring it in and they would check it to see if it needed replacement. No mention of diagnostic fee. I did and they said, Yeah, you need a new tank. Then they changed it. Had a couple of minor issues afterwards. The mechanic forgot to tighten the gas fill hose and didn't push the exhaust pipes into the joint in front of the suitcase muffler far enough and the pipe dropped down and started rattling. The people running the dealership here treat you nice. The Owner is a religious guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice. Because of some of the horror stories and the so-called "$128 diagnostic charge" I decided I'd go in today and try to "grease the skids" with the Service Manager before my Tuesday morning appointment. I've dealt with him before and he's an OK guy. I told him what was going on with my SRT and what I had done so far. I also told him that, after a little research, I was aware of the X53 lifetime fuel tank warranty and TSB 14-002-14 that directed them to change the tank, "If the customer describes the symptom/condition". There was another guy sitting in the office with him when I came in and the other guy immediately picked up the TSB (it has all the needed part numbers on it) and left the office to put the parts on order. After the Service Manager verified the parts were on order, he told me to come see him when I get there on Tuesday and he'll "take care of it".....whatever that may mean. At least I know the parts are on order, so we'll see what happens. Also, before I take it in, I'll hook up my Autel MS906 scanner and make sure there are no codes. As soon as I am done writing this, I'll go out again and do another purge check....which I know is not the problem. I'll also put it up on my drive on hydraulic hoist and take some pictures as recommended by forum members.

I was prepared to tell them that if they want to troubleshoot the problem that they were welcome to fill the tank with premium fuel (I've got it almost empty...hopefully for the tank change) and check it for themselves.

Also, does anyone know how long it should take to change the tank? Thanks again to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, does anyone know how long it should take to change the tank? Thanks again to all.
    They said a day on mine but they had it two days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dealer had mine just under 4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years, those I know who have gone to their respective Dealerships with a legitimate problem have had no issues getting the tank replaced.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the new fuel tank installed this morning and all works fine now......so far. The job took about 4 hours, start to finish and I was able to watch part of the job being done too. The mechanic thanked me for running the tank down to nearly empty....only had 1.3 gallons left. He said most people needing this job done usually come in with an almost full tank. Anyway, no cost, no hassle and one down and another one (Hemi Magnum) to go IF it starts acting up. It only has about half the mileage on it than the SRT, and it's run mostly non-ethanol fuel in it for most of it's life, except on trips.....then it gets nothing but Chevron.

Thanks to all for their input and those that posted the X53 warranty and TSB 14-002-14. I am sure those documents in hand probably helped shortstop any potential problems. When it was all done they still tried to sell me other services that they said the vehicle "needed". I got a chuckle out of the "de-carboning" that was "necessary". The service guy changed his tune when I told him I had just finished redoing the top end about 3000 miles. I really feel for folks that go to these stealers unprepared and unaware their vehicle needs and requirements. I just wonder how much they're going to end up soaking the little old lady that was sitting in the waiting room with me. I couldn't hear it all, but the service guy was sweet talking her and saying a whole bunch of stuff she needed to have done right now. Pretty sad, I am sure.
    Last edited by magnuman; 06-11-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the new fuel tank installed this morning and all works fine now......so far. The job took about 4 hours, start to finish and I was able to watch part of the job being done too. The mechanic thanked me for running the tank down to nearly empty....only had 1.3 gallons left. He said most people needing this job done usually come in with an almost full tank. Anyway, no cost, no hassle and one down and another one (Hemi Magnum) to go IF it starts acting up. It only has about half the mileage on it than the SRT, and it's run mostly non-ethanol fuel in it for most of it's life, except on trips.....then it gets nothing but Chevron.

Thanks to all for their input and those that posted the X53 warranty and TSB 14-002-14. I am sure those documents in hand probably helped shortstop any potential problems. When it was all done they still tried to sell me other services that they said the vehicle "needed". I got a chuckle out of the "de-carboning" that was "necessary". The service guy changed his tune when I told him I had just finished redoing the top end about 3000 miles. I really feel for folks that go to these stealers unprepared and unaware their vehicle needs and requirements. I just wonder how much they're going to end up soaking the little old lady that was sitting in the waiting room with me. I couldn't hear it all, but the service guy was sweet talking her and saying a whole bunch of stuff she needed to have done right now. Pretty sad, I am sure.
    As expected; good to hear. I have zero sympathy for those who won't take the time to understand what they are relying upon to get them from A to B.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-11-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast