Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only saw the view from the top
    Likes 17_torred liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez - That piston and head looks like it blew up at 6,000 RPM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaCharger View Post
    Jeez - That piston and head looks like it blew up at 6,000 RPM!
    Nope, like I said in the other post I shut it off, turned the key a few minutes later and nothing but bad noises. It never started and never made any noises before this.

Post Thanks / Like
    so we hate dodge because Remanned heads failed?

I totally understand, I tossed my last dell computer out a 10 story window because my amazon graphics card crapped out. While it was falling I went to shoot it with my glock, and my reloaded .45 acp stovepiped, so I chucked that right after it!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post

I totally understand, I tossed my last dell computer out a 10 story window because my amazon graphics card crapped out. While it was falling I went to shoot it with my glock, and my reloaded .45 acp stovepiped, so I chucked that right after it!
    That has got to be one of the funniest things I have read in a while lol man I wish I could have seen that lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes agoristmike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post
    Well they're reman heads because the dodge heads failed also. I like the car a lot, but how much can you like a car that you can't drive....
    Likes FlaCharger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres another thing, if your heads are painted "inside" remove the paint. I can't believe how most reman heads I've seen are painted inside.
    This oil pickup was covered until I removed it, this is whats still there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow why in the hell would they paint them. That is nuts!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post

To hide the half-a$$ed work they did/ didn't do when they "rebuilt" them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes agoristmike, Jay Z, chrisp2493 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post

A lot easier to make them look like great condition when you pain them, rather them clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Paint? The ****? I may not know much about rebuilding, but i would have sent that **** back.. ive never heard of that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    2005 Brilliant Black 300C
    Qtp dual oval cutouts, LegMaker True V2 CAI
    ZAuto Tranzformer, Diablo Trinity 93 canned tune, Hoosier Dr2

Post Thanks / Like
    After a quick fail like that, CHI should refund your money. Nobody in their right mind would put another set of CHI heads on their car after the first ones failed at 169 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Suggestion

Sorry this happened to you man, that is a real raw deal for sure.

These motors are tough as nails when put together right, this coming from my usage of them; I ran the absolute crap out of my 5.7 on Laguna Seca raceway 5 times a day for up to 45 minutes each, many, many different times. Never had a problem and that is real hard use.

Keep the faith and fix it again, but can I suggest you talk to HHP about your game plan (High Horse Performance)? They've forgotten more about these motors than I know and will make sure you get solid parts for a bulletproof motor.

Tell those a$$hat "head painters" you want your money back, plus damages.

Since it's already done (and I've seen that pump screen), just go with a long block this time, better off safe.
    X E Ryder
    Just Another Motorhead, Really.
    (midlife crisis activated)
    Likes Beach Goat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what to do right now. If I want a refund I have to send their heads back which leaves me without cores. Not the end of the world I saw one head off a hemi and one on a bare short block I could have got for $45 or so a pair at the lkq sale. Thats $80 or $90 regular price.

As it stands right now I told CHI to rebuild my cores and not paint them. He said they never had a failure on those heads. I don't really buy that because I could have flipped this car and it would have failed on the next guy and CHI would have never seen the heads again. He also said a lot of the local dodge dealers buy from him and never had problems. And he said he'd oversee my heads being rebuilt.

It seems pretty simple to me. You cut the pocket right and install the seats properly. How do we know if everyone rebuilding these is cutting the same size pocket and installing the same seats of the same size? If so it wouldn't matter.
    I watched a local shop do a few on some iron heads before, it's not rocket science. I'm kind of thinking this guy at chi might pay closer attention and slow down on the every day rush since I made a big deal out of it, where as anyone else might just crank out a set and throw them on their way.

I also told the guy I want all the old seats out of my old heads, for what I don't know but who wants to bet I don't get them...

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were me; given the Rebuilder is willing to replace the heads, chances are good that he / they will be taking extra care this time.

No reason to get the old seats; the failure is not likely the seat's anyways. What really important is to understand is that proper interference-fit is superior to pining or dimpling; these last two distort the seats during processing -which gets worse as they get hotter resulting in poor valve sealing...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 11-25-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Pale Rider, FlaCharger, chrisp2493 liked this post

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast