Thread: dealer's suck

Post Thanks / Like

dealer's suck

ok .. had my 09 on the road for 2 days and someone tryed to steal it. had to take it to the dealer to get fixed .. new switch and keys and replace the door seal thay messed up with a coat hanger. thay call me with the est. .... 1586.42 ... this seems kinda high to me. what do ya think ????

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems pretty high to me. Did they break it down for you? The door seal can't be that hard to replace. New switch and keys is where they get you. Can they make the new key fit your door and trunk or do they have to change those locks out too?
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler w/ wickerbill, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted Tail-lights & Side Markers, Tinted Windows, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    Seems pretty high to me. Did they break it down for you? The door seal can't be that hard to replace. New switch and keys is where they get you. Can they make the new key fit your door and trunk or do they have to change those locks out too?
    i have the trunk and door metal key that pulls out of the main key .. no reson to redo that part. im going to go down and get a copy of the bill and go over it before i ok the work

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbee View Post
    i have the trunk and door metal key that pulls out of the main key .. no reson to redo that part. im going to go down and get a copy of the bill and go over it before i ok the work
    Duh, not sure what I was thinking about the keys. Just ignore that.

Post Thanks / Like
    And you expect it to be free right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillips01 View Post
    And you expect it to be free right?
    ha ... no but 1600 bucks ???? just don't seem rite
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't your insurance cover the bill?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    That's what I was wondering. This is exactly what insurance is for.

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    we will see dealer sent them the bill. now we wait. but if its coverd or not ain't the thing. just kinda thinking thay padding it a bit because its on state farm. and when thay are charging 3hrs labor to change the rubber door seal and 2.5 hrs to swap out the switch that took me 10 min to remove .... plus 1 hr to flash it .... but the parts were cheaper than i was thinking tho ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbee View Post
    we will see dealer sent them the bill. now we wait. but if its coverd or not ain't the thing. just kinda thinking thay padding it a bit because its on state farm. and when thay are charging 3hrs labor to change the rubber door seal and 2.5 hrs to swap out the switch that took me 10 min to remove .... plus 1 hr to flash it .... but the parts were cheaper than i was thinking tho ....
    I used to have a customer that intentionally overcharged on his labor, but discounted his parts to save the customers on tax on the total bill.

Galactus hungers...