Post Thanks / Like

LX 2006 SRT 300 Brakes

Hey I am sure there is a thread for this somewhere but I am new to this forum and have never posted before.. that being said my brembos are in need of replacing, as far as I can understand its rather costly to replace rotors and pads at the dealer and I personally am not so keen on "wasting" the money, so does anyone have any tips on doing this on my own and what type or replacement pads and or rotors works best for them? I occasionally drag the car etc and was thinking about slotted but have never used them before, any help is appreciated thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    R1 Concepts make nice slotted rotors. Even Chrysler went over to OEM slotted rotors, to help eliminate squeaking, in 07.

Everyone makes pads. Depends on what you want.

If your tracking the car, stay away from ceramic. Way too much fade.

Semi-metalic will do the trick, on, or off the track. When properly bedded, no squeak.

Front search for 1149 series pads.

Rear search for 1053 series pads.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Thanks 451122SRT300 thanked for this post
    Likes 451122SRT300 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Raybestos rotors from RockAuto.

For pads I like Stoptech Street Performance. They are dusty but they are silent, bite very well and are very easy on the rotors.

Both are a great value.

If you want slotted, look up a 2009 model year in RockAuto, Charger Srt for sure but the 300srt should come up with that same slotted part number.

A pad spreader will help get the job done more quickly. Use CRC Silaramic lube on the back of the pad and shim. Search for a guide on google with the suffix site:lxforums.com and you should find a few good ones on here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BM_SRT; 09-16-2018 at 06:03 AM.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Thanks 451122SRT300 thanked for this post
    Likes diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought my pad rotor kit from Rock Auto. 30k and still Loving them. No noise no issues, good braking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    I like the Raybestos rotors from RockAuto.

For pads I like Stoptech Street Performance. They are dusty but they are silent, bite very well and are very easy on the rotors.

Both are a great value.

If you want slotted, look up a 2009 model year in RockAuto, Charger Srt for sure but the 300srt should come up with that same slotted part number.

A pad spreader will help get the job done more quickly. Use CRC Silaramic lube on the back of the pad and shim. Search for a guide on google with the suffix site:lxforums.com and you should find a few good ones on here.

Agreed on the pads, they're silent, they seem to perform quite well, but they dust like CRAZY.

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Agreed on the pads, they're silent, they seem to perform quite well, but they dust like CRAZY.

Galactus hungers...
    Imagine that x2 with the 8 pistons. They are the only pad I have tried though that does not squeal so the dust is the lesser of two evils.

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine that x2 with the 8 pistons. They are the only pad I have tried though that does not squeal so the dust is the lesser of two evils.

My 19mo old has suddenly developed a fascination with grabbing my wheels when we get to the car so trying to keep them clean constantly has become a nightmare...

Galactus hungers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    My 19mo old has suddenly developed a fascination with grabbing my wheels when we get to the car so trying to keep them clean constantly has become a nightmare...

Galactus hungers...
    Sounds like you need Akebonos. I have them on the rear and they are silent and super low dust. Too bad they squealed like crazy on my fronts, but they may be ok with the 4 piston brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you need Akebonos. I have them on the rear and they are silent and super low dust. Too bad they squealed like crazy on my fronts, but they may be ok with the 4 piston brakes.

I ran them on my old R/T and loved them, but I really want something with more bite and better heat resistance.

Galactus hungers...