Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

EVIC now possible WITHOUT the dealership. I just did it.

2005 Magnum SXT
    Installed overhead console for Homelink
    Installed 2006 RT speedo cluster
    Installed steering wheel switches from 2007 300

Yes, that's correct. I just did it. I was able to turn on my compass and full EVIC with steering wheel controls in my driveway in less than 3 minutes. No dealership was needed.

I've been working with the developers of this software- Appcar DiagFCA – diagnostic tool – Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram and together they have been able to take the required sales codes, and add them to my VIN from my tablet and OBD2/USB connection. As a result, I have a fully working EVIC.

This is a big deal for all of the Gen1 LX guys who, for years, have been struggling with adding EVIC. Some dealers won't do it, most don't know how and guys have spent too much money trying to make this work. Appcar did it.

I'll put up some pictures in the thread later, but this is such an incredible break-thru for the LX community that this company has taken upon themselves to give us some software that works.

This is the OBD2/USB connector I used. I chose USB for a solid connection every time.

I'll update as I get some pictures and maybe a video on how this works.

And NO you can’t change mileage.
    Last edited by RobsSXT; 07-11-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    05 Magnum AWD SXT Hemi Swap
    instagram.com/hemisxt

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow cool

I would like to have the Canadian high beams with fogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes Black Ice, derricklaukaitis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 94cruiser View Post
    Wow cool

I would like to have the Canadian high beams with fogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You can do it. And you can change the voltage on all the lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats
    I was looking at using that program to completely disable my tpms sensors but haven’t gotten around to it. The software user friendly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post
    Congrats
    I was looking at using that program to completely disable my tpms sensors but haven’t gotten around to it. The software user friendly?

Super easy to use. Check their screenshots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell how you were able to do this? Does it program keys? What years does this go up to? It’s looks similar to witech and CDA.
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovin me some BBW - Big Beautiful Wagon

06 Inferno Red SRT8-
    Gofast: Frankentake, MTCM, Tranzformer, Diablo Trinity, Billy Boat Cat back
    Gocontrol: Eibach front/rear sways, Morpar strut tower
    Goloud: Joying Android 10.1" Head Unit, Helix MK2 Pro with Director sound processor, Raspberry Pi running Moode Audio, Hybrid l4 dash/Sundown SAX 100.4, Hybrid Legatia 8 SE in kick panels/ Hybrid l1v2 tweeters/Sundown SAX 100.4, 2 Sundown Zv5 15's/Sundown SCV 4000D's

>>Click Here to see my Audio Build log <<

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if i can install this on my Autel tablet diagnostic tool?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post
    Congrats

Super easy.
    Last edited by RobsSXT; 07-11-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good deal Rob, thanks.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes RobsSXT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fastrt09 View Post
    I wonder if i can install this on my Autel tablet diagnostic tool?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I guess if it runs Windows as a stand-alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAce View Post
    Can you tell how you were able to do this? Does it program keys? What years does this go up to? It’s looks similar to witech and CDA.
    It doesn’t program keys. For the EVIC portion we have it working up to 09 (I’ll have to double check) But it also supports much of the FCA lineup.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're saying you have actually performed this EVIC mod on an '09? I have all the parts ready to do this on an '08 but am fighting my dealer to cooperate.

Can you give a brief tutorial on how the sales codes are entered using the software and cable?

Post Thanks / Like

EVIC now possible WITHOUT the dealership. I just did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    You're saying you have actually performed this EVIC mod on an '09? I have all the parts ready to do this on an '08 but am fighting my dealer to cooperate.

Can you give a brief tutorial on how the sales codes are entered using the software and cable?
    Not an 09, an 05 as mentioned in post #1. The sales codes aren't anything the end user needs to worry about, it's in the latest database the software uses. The DB is downloaded from Appcar because it's tied to the software license.

I basically fire up the program, connect my OBD/USB interface and turn on the key. THe software connects to the car then loads all the car's modules. Once in, there is a Programming section. In there, are many options for the end user. Things like DRL settings, timeouts, one time lane change, TPMS on or off, tire size, front fog drop out (on or off), etc. There's even a weird European option that when you use your brake lights, your yellow's in the rear are on also- not flashing, but yellow along with red. It's different for sure.

You can drill down to each individual module in the car, such as ABS, HVAC, Radio, SAS, TCM, Wireless Control and a few others. This is the first app I've used that actually is smart enough to clear ABS codes, along with all the rest. You can clear codes, refresh modules and turn on individual actuators. Want to turn on ONLY the passenger side high beam and no others for troubleshooting? You can. Turn the compass on? Done. Turn on the AC Clutch, turn on blower motor, really anything you need. It's impressive.

At this moment I'm currently retrofitting my steering wheel controls from th Gen1 into my Gen2 Charger steering wheel.

IMG_5074.JPG
    Last edited by RobsSXT; 07-11-2018 at 02:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I immediately bought this, used with elm adapter I had lying around, it works, finally, there's a simple option in programming tab to enable the steering control switches.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast