Post Thanks / Like

06' Charger Problem: Chimes w/o Key in Ignition and Dash Indicates Key is In

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger RT and when i remove the key from the ignition, the "Key is in ignition" chime begins when the door is open. Sometimes the factory lock/unlock do not work. Also, my after-market alarm stopped working altogether. On the dash, it states "Key in."

After doing some research, it appears that maybe something with the ignition switch/relay/actuator pin/cylinder lock may be causing the problem but i can't seem to find anything on the forums. Everything that keeps popping up is for 08's regarding the inability to start the car.

The best thread i could find was Driver side door chimes when open. No key in ignnition. WTF? , however there was no solution determined.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms? Any suggestions for trouble shooting?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have. Mine does it. Replace it. Problem solved.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    http://www.youtube.com/c/yachtlife
    '10
    Charger 3.5 (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 R/T Police Package (Taken) but not forgotten

'05 Chrysler 5.7 300C "Hemmissy"

Catless LongTubes, Mopar Exhaust, SRT MAX Cam, 20" 3-piece Adventus AVS-4, Eibach Sportline Springs, Dipped, Painted, Tinted, Decaled

Post Thanks / Like
    which part of the ignition did you replace? Also, what type of symptoms did you experience? Did it effect your alarm? battery draw? etc?
    Last edited by slconde; 04-16-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be your after market alarm also

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the same alarm for nearly 9 years. Not saying you are wrong but I find it hard to believe that my alarm is now barely experiencing problems. Any idea how to trouble shoot that?