Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrytotin View Post
    Ok. So this leads me to my next question.... and this is not to be a di^^. But, why? Why why why why why put SO much money into a car for the looks? I’ll never get it. It’s like mustang guys who put cobra badges on their V6 mustangs or the lower end v6 challenger and charger guys who put SRT or hellcat badges on their cars. Why?
    I just need to know. Please god why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well for one, i have not seen anything about him upbadging his car. i think everyone can agree thats not a good thing to do. and two, hes changing the appearance of his car to suit his taste. i dont see any issue with some one modifying the appearance of a car based of a trim level.
    Thanks run2jeepn thanked for this post
    Likes 49er, nionzeiss, RDT, GeoffM, CUUDA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrytotin View Post
    Ok. So this leads me to my next question.... and this is not to be a di^^. But, why? Why why why why why put SO much money into a car for the looks? I’ll never get it. It’s like mustang guys who put cobra badges on their V6 mustangs or the lower end v6 challenger and charger guys who put SRT or hellcat badges on their cars. Why?
    I just need to know. Please god why?

Let me set you straight... I'm not Up Badging anything. Since when is fixing a car up now Up badging it?

Ok, So not to be a Di^^ either but why put so much money into performance upgrades on a Daily driver that never see's the track? You drive down the road looking like a Stock Car.

A few reason... When I bought my car I didn't know much about Chargers. I was a Jeep guy. I didn't know there was 2 different sized V6's. I had to trade in a 2 door car for a 4 door car and I had a Monthly payment I wanted. The 5.7's didn't fit that payment. This one did.

1. I can
    2. It's my Car
    3. I'm not Up badging or pretending to be anything. It's a Daily Driver ? Weekend show car.

4. You have no idea how much money I have in my car. I do all the work myself and trade for parts. This round of upgrades are being paid buy others insurance companies. 2 people backed into my car while parked. I took 1/2 that money and funded all this with just that. The other 1/2 finished paying my car off.

5. Even if I had a 5.7, 6.1, 6.2 or a 6.4... I wouldn't race it. All I would do is exhaust and a tune.

My Car is paid off with only 70k miles. I'm the only owner. The inside looks brand new too. Once I hit 100-120k. I will do HEMI and 6spd swap into mine. Instead of buying or trading in for a new car. The wife's car will be paid off by then and it's my turn.

Just imagine how badass my car will be then with the Full Package. I do what I can with what I have.

I've got one Jeep now with a 6.0L that will surprise ya, But it's geared low... I had a CJ-5 with a built 383 Stroker that had just over 450hp. It would lift the front tires.

Sorry if this was an over reaction. Just get tired of the whole V6 BS... Specially coming from a guy with a Small SRT engine.,.. Why not upgrade to a 6.2, or 6.4 or a Hellcat or a Demon.. What's your point?
    Last edited by run2jeepn; 02-13-2018 at 03:08 AM.
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page
    Thanks zastrow, Evicerator thanked for this post
    Likes 49er, zastrow, SNOMAN1174, kwkride, Jbyron and 4 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This was the first week (after I tinted the windows) and how it sits right now..

Post Thanks / Like
    3rd brake Light installed on Roof Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    A Picture of the Custom Bumper being worked on..

Headlight housings Painted B5 Blue

Installed Demon Eye's into my Projectors

The Flares on this, is the width I will be going with. Not to crazy at all. They will be shaped a little different thou.
    Last edited by run2jeepn; 02-13-2018 at 03:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    Let me set you straight... I'm not Up Badging anything. Since when is fixing a car up now Up badging it?

Ok, So not to be a Di^^ either but why put so much money into performance upgrades on a Daily driver that never see's the track? You drive down the road looking like a Stock Car.

A few reason... When I bought my car I didn't know much about Chargers. I was a Jeep guy. I didn't know there was 2 different sized V6's. I had to trade in a 2 door car for a 4 door car and I had a Monthly payment I wanted. The 5.7's didn't fit that payment. This one did.

1. I can
    2. It's my Car
    3. I'm not Up badging or pretending to be anything. It's a Daily Driver ? Weekend show car.

4. You have no idea how much money I have in my car. I do all the work myself and trade for parts. This round of upgrades are being paid buy others insurance companies. 2 people backed into my car while parked. I took 1/2 that money and funded all this with just that. The other 1/2 finished paying my car off.

5. Even if I had a 5.7, 6.1, 6.2 or a 6.4... I wouldn't race it. All I would do is exhaust and a tune.

My Car is paid off with only 70k miles. I'm the only owner. The inside looks brand new too. Once I hit 100-120k. I will do HEMI and 6spd swap into mine. Instead of buying or trading in for a new car. The wife's car will be paid off by then and it's my turn.

Just imagine how badass my car will be then with the Full Package. I do what I can with what I have.

I've got one Jeep now with a 6.0L that will surprise ya, But it's geared low... I had a CJ-5 with a built 383 Stroker that had just over 450hp. It would lift the front tires.

Sorry if this was an over reaction. Just get tired of the whole V6 BS... Specially coming from a guy with a Small SRT engine.,.. Why not upgrade to a 6.2, or 6.4 or a Hellcat or a Demon.. What's your point?
    I’ll just hold my tongue on this and just take myself out of this horrid conversation of a “build” thread. Good luck with your upfit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dislikes run2jeepn disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    do your thing, man. I'm interested in seeing how that grille turns out.
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    B5 Blue.... Doesn't that look purdy

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture of our Jeeps. A little old. The Orange one now has 42in Pitbulls on it.

Jeep on the Left 4.3L/TH350/Dana44's
    Jeep on the Right 6.0L/700R4/D60-D70

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool, can’t wait to see the finished car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    Picture of our Jeeps. A little old. The Orange one now has 42in Pitbulls on it.

Jeep on the Left 4.3L/TH350/Dana44's
    Jeep on the Right 6.0L/700R4/D60-D70

both yj's? hard to see the headlights on the right one. im guessing the one with the 6.0 is a rock bouncer? i love jeeps btw. next build is going to be an offroad build as my buddy and i are just finishing the rebuild of his 84 yota.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran 39.5 pitbull Rockers on my blazer. Loved those tires. So wide.
    06 Maggie SRT8 146k miles black with black viper wheels
    bam ba lam
    Thanks run2jeepn thanked for this post
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.5chris View Post
    both yj's? hard to see the headlights on the right one. im guessing the one with the 6.0 is a rock bouncer? i love jeeps btw. next build is going to be an offroad build as my buddy and i are just finishing the rebuild of his 84 yota.
    Ya both YJ's 90 and 89. The Orange one has been stretched to 113in WB, Twin Stick Atlas, Full Hydro Steering, Hydro Brakes and Rear Line Lock for Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by TUGG View Post
    I ran 39.5 pitbull Rockers on my blazer. Loved those tires. So wide.
    The Pitbulls are sick tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found a guy to swap Trunks with. This will save hours of work welding/Bodywork to correctly fix the old spoiler holes in my trunk...

Post Thanks / Like
    Swapped Trunks today. Didn't take long at all.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast