Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blistering View Post
    K so i got all hooked into the.car, but couldnt seem to get the bitrate set right. Then suddenly my radio started turning on and off. And the backup lights above the back window started flashing
    So guessing i corrupted the can network for a moment. Ill get back at it after work tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    What bus did you hook up to, behind the radio?Can b?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circ1977 View Post
    What bus did you hook up to, behind the radio?Can b?
    Can b and Can c in the steering wheel harness. Same place the gen 1 tranzformer hooks in.

I figured out the issue last night, this device comes with 2 120 ohm resistors on each Can interface. You remove them by pulling a pin jumper. With the jumpers in place it was throwing off the voltage of the entire network in the car.

Im on lunch right now messing with it, working as intended currently.

2005 Brilliant Black 300C
    Qtp dual oval cutouts
    Diablo Trinity 93 canned tune.

Post Thanks / Like
    not familiar with gen 1 tazers, do they hook into can b or can c also? I don't think you need the resistors unless you were doing some kind of bench top power up or creating you own custom can bus network. Usually the 2 dominant nodes on the bus have the 120 ohm resistors in them wired in parallel for termination resistance (which comes out to 60).
    Last edited by circ1977; 02-06-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    not familiar with gen 1 tazers, do they hook into can b or can c also?
    It hooks into both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well keep us posted,, I for one am interested. I don't know code , but would like to learn some of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well keep us posted,, I for one am interested. I don't know code , but would like to learn some of it.
    Yea i saved a few seconds of messages from each bus to a text file. Its all in hex, and im having trouble converting it into something readable, if it even can be. Its hard to convert when you dont know the expected output and get gibberish.. if i can figure that out, it would drastically reduce the time to figure it all out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any lists for what controls belong to which can id's?
    Last edited by circ1977; 02-06-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any lists for what controls belong to which can id's?
    Nothing at all. My original plan was to just keep pushing buttons in the car till i figured something out lol. A bit brute force i know, but its all i got for now. Trying to learn to code in python for this, once i get a hang of that i shoukd be abke to make this a tad bit easier on my self.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I knew Linux, seems like all the good stuff is available for Linux.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick update, had to put this on hold.as of friday when i had to send my car off to the dealer for a completely unrelated issue.

Last i messed with this i was able to fully emulate the steering wheel controls. Including pushing one software button, to bring up the evic easter egg menu. I was also able to emulate the autostick.

But i want to get the information on the evic onto my own display. Long term goal for all this is a full infotainment system.

I have many ideas, just not the time. Or the knowledge (yet).

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribing! Sounds awesome! Good luck!
    Brilliant Black 2010 300C AWD. Currently all stock except for lower intake silencer removal, black plasti-dipped exterior trim and all interior lights replaced with LEDs, Intune i2. More mods when more $...

Post Thanks / Like
    So are you building a gui on a tablet ? How about a list of can id's and messages for what you have mapped out ? Might be helpful for someone in the future...

Post Thanks / Like
    So are you building a gui on a tablet ? How about a list of can id's and messages for what you have mapped out ? Might be helpful for someone in the future...
    Once i get some more Ids and corrosponding msgs ill post a list.

Right now im just working on a tablet type gui. Dont have a touch screen yet. Just got a screen on an hdmi port. For now..

My plan is to have non critical stuff on the screen. And then anything that does something physically that can effect driving to have physical buttons.

So far ive mapped out the steering wheek controls and seat heater buttons. I dont see any bus activity for the climate control buttons or knobs. And nothing for the windows, which is disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction.... just did the passenger side window. !!

Edit, its the only one that i see bus activity for.

Last edited by blistering; 02-14-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blistering View Post
    Once i get some more Ids and corrosponding msgs ill post a list.

Right now im just working on a tablet type gui. Dont have a touch screen yet. Just got a screen on an hdmi port. For now..

My plan is to have non critical stuff on the screen. And then anything that does something physically that can effect driving to have physical buttons.

So far ive mapped out the steering wheek controls and seat heater buttons. I dont see any bus activity for the climate control buttons or knobs. And nothing for the windows, which is disappointing.

The automatic tempreture control is on the can b network, but I doubt it broadcast much being as most everything in the switch bank is directly wired to the outputs, you SHOULD be able to see something for rear window defrost thou being as that is a relay output from the front control module...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12