Post Thanks / Like

AMG Diff Cover & Cooler

I know there's many people out there wanting to install a AMG diff cooler and some think further to install a compatible diff cover. There's a few threads out there, but have miss guided information and when they find out don't persue.
    I on the other hand had done lots of research on many AMG models (lucky to be working for Mercedes Benz) and found only one to have the same bolt mounting locations.
    It is a direct swap but need spacers to compensate the difference.
    Otherwise, you can install the cooler using the spacer method 6x1x1" and elongate the bolts.

MB SLK55 AMG Diff Cover 171 951 00 08
    MB AMG Diff Cooler 171 351 01 08
    MB Alignment Bolts 000 330 00 18 (found the washers to use as spacers to be perfect).

Now if any of you don't want to go through all this and have a 215, you could always install this kind and does not require a spacer and a direct fit.

230 351 17 08

Hope this helps and keep those rear ends cooled off.
    Last edited by Hungry4TQHP; 06-04-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    06 Chrysler 300c 5.7, Grip Grille With Emblem Deleted, DS 93 Oct CAI tune, Borla ProXS Mufflers, Resonators Deleted, C&L CAI, BT EGR Delete, Speedlogix Oil Catch Can With S-Mount, 180 TStat, Tranzformer, MTCM, SRT8 3.06 Diff, SLK55 AMG Diff Cover, Mercedes AMG Diff Cooler, 2010 R/T axles and hubs, BC Racing Coilovers, SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms, SRT8 6spd Engine Mounts, SRT8 Steering Wheel, Mercedes S63 AMG Paddle Shifters, Paddle Jaak Hack Wiring Kit, Mopar Stainless Pedal Kit, 2012 Challenger SRT8 Interior Door Pulls, LED Low Beams, Fog Lights and Indicators. Mopar Hidden Hitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks AWESOME!!!!
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.
    Thanks Hungry4TQHP thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Still another mod I'll consider when I finally go after my build.

Haven't done this in awhile but BEANS to you sir.

2006 SRT 300C CAI - Corsa Sport - Hurst - Predator - BT Catch Can - Updated SRT bumper - LEDs
    2005 R/T Magnum K&N intake - Bilstein B6 with SRT springs - Mopar Corsa Sport - Predator -
    BT Badges - Speedlogix Catch Can - LEDs
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchance
    You take a four-door sedan and make it a rocket ship.

Post Thanks / Like
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hungry4TQHP again."
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if this cover 171 951 00 08 can only be purchased at the dealer? Price for us common folks? What year is it for the SLK55 AMG? I have been trying to find it but Goggle is not finding anything to help me out. I will be changing out my OEM open differential to the Wave Track LSD and would like to take advantage of changing the cover when it's out. Thanks for spear heading this and getting the correct info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this for SRT models only or will it work for RT models too. I would like to do this mod if it is for RT models. I have an 05 magnum rt rwd.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freefallin View Post
    Do you know if this cover 171 951 00 08 can only be purchased at the dealer? Price for us common folks? What year is it for the SLK55 AMG? I have been trying to find it but Goggle is not finding anything to help me out. I will be changing out my OEM open differential to the Wave Track LSD and would like to take advantage of changing the cover when it's out. Thanks for spear heading this and getting the correct info.
    I tried looking for it online, only found one place online and they had to order it from the manufacturer. I ended up ordering it the dealer I work at. Wish I had the funds for Wave Track LSD and that's only what's missing from this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by kristian-m View Post
    Is this for SRT models only or will it work for RT models too. I would like to do this mod if it is for RT models. I have an 05 magnum rt rwd.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Yes, this is only for SRT8 215 diff and not the R/T 210 diff.
    If you want a diff cooler for the R/T, you can use the other option quoted in the thread, but this will require the holes to be drilled out and the threads to be tapped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry4TQHP View Post
    I know there's many people out there wanting to install a AMG diff cooler and some think further to install a compatible diff cover. There's a few threads out there, but have miss guided information and when they find out don't persue.
    I on the other hand had done lots of research on many AMG models (lucky to be working for Mercedes Benz) and found only one to have the same bolt mounting locations.
    It is a direct swap but need spacers to compensate the difference.
    Otherwise, you can install the cooler using the spacer method 6x1x1" and elongate the bolts.

MB SLK55 AMG Diff Cover 171 951 00 08
    MB AMG Diff Cooler 171 351 01 08
    MB Alignment Bolts 000 330 00 18 (found the washers to use as spacers to be perfect).

Now if any of you don't want to go through all this and have a 215, you could always install this kind and does not require a spacer and a direct fit.

230 351 17 08

Hope this helps and keep those rear ends cooled off.
    This post is confusing...especially without pics. Which cover will use the 171 351 01 08, and bolt straight into my 2006 Srt8 300c without modifications?
    Will the 230 351 17 08 fit that criteria?
    Anyone else do this mod and have pics?
    TIA for helpful info
    Thanks hotrod1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Arsey, PMed you

Share This Thread