Post Thanks / Like

Rear fuse 41 keeps blowing

Hey gang want to see if anyone has had this problem. Recently I noticed my rear Park assist stopped working on my 2006 Chrysler 300 Srt8. I found rear fuse 41 was blown which also controls climate control. I replaced and it blew again. Didn't have an issue with any of the above previously. So I'm wondering if anyone has had this same issue or could provide some insight on what could be the problem. Thanks in advance.
    My car is completely Stocky
    Erik Storms BFNY Performance Built, House of Power, and HHP goodies--- Tuned By : Diablotoona Installed By - Cobb Auto Repair/ Cobb Performance

Post Thanks / Like
    There has to be a short somewhere in the HVAC controls. Unplug the controls, fan resistor, fan motor to see what could be shorting.

2006 SRT 300C CAI - Corsa Sport - Hurst - Predator - BT Catch Can - Updated SRT bumper - LEDs
    2005 R/T Magnum K&N intake - Bilstein B6 with SRT springs - Mopar Corsa Sport - Predator -
    BT Badges - Speedlogix Catch Can - LEDs
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchance
    You take a four-door sedan and make it a rocket ship.
    Thanks TE TOQUE thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moaugust88 View Post
    There has to be a short somewhere in the HVAC controls. Unplug the controls, fan resistor, fan motor to see what could be shorting.
    Today I disconnected ac controls and reinstalled fuse. I turned on ignition and rear warning lights came on then went off. I checked fuse and it was blown again. I'm wondering if maybe a wire is pinched in the rear behind bumper causing this

Post Thanks / Like
    Lift up the whole box and check underneath it. You might want to consider downloading the service manual, locating the circuit and test from there.
    Last edited by BryGuy; 03-12-2016 at 09:05 AM.

2006 300 SRT8 / 2012 300 SRT8

Thanks TE TOQUE thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
    Lift up the whole box and check underneath it. You might want to consider downloading the service manual, locating the circuit and test from there.
    I will look for that now, when I initially changed fuse then turned on, my blower blew then back off along with rear assist lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I disconnected plug behind bumper for rear Park assist. I hasn't blown a fuse and (Thank God) my ac works again lol. Next I will be inspecting rear Park assist wiring when I remove rear bumper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check harness in rear for exhaust contact