Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce, School me on offset... As I understand it, it is the distance from the center of the wheel/rim to the outside. So, if the 9.5's are 15mm and you have to add 3mm to get to the stock offset of 18mm how does 12mm work. If I do the math .25 (1/4") is 6.35mm so that makes 12mm's .47" (almost 1/2").
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Bruce, School me on offset... As I understand it, it is the distance from the center of the wheel/rim to the outside. So, if the 9.5's are 15mm and you have to add 3mm to get to the stock offset of 18mm how does 12mm work. If I do the math .25 (1/4") is 6.35mm so that makes 12mm's .47" (almost 1/2").
    Offset is from the center to the inside of wheel or center of car hence why them decreasing the offset pushed the wheel away from the caliper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Sorry I meant center of wheel to the hub mounting surface lol so positive is when the center portion is further in from hub center zero meaning dead center and negative center of wheel further out than hub mounting

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OZSCTPK View Post
    Sorry I meant center of wheel to the hub mounting surface lol so positive is when the center portion is further in from hub center zero meaning dead center and negative center of wheel further out than hub mounting.
    I agree 12mm moves the rim more to the outside but it does nothing for the contact issue. Plug in the numbers at Rims N Tires.

OBTW - Had to use my Scatpack Forum ID as the LX id posting function is FUBAR for me.
    oemtech - aka Hemi_57
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
    I agree 12mm moves the rim more to the outside but it does nothing for the contact issue. Plug in the numbers at Rims N Tires.

OBTW - Had to use my Scatpack Forum ID as the LX id posting function is FUBAR for me.
    Umm yes he said the actual spoke of the demon wheel was rubbing the caliper so instead of adding a spacer they built up the material at the hub thus changing the oddest by 3 mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oemtech View Post

They essentially built the rim with that spacer built in I don’t understand your confusion

Post Thanks / Like
    If the mounting surface is dead center of the width ]=!=[ (like the exclamation point), the wheel has a "0 offset". If there is more width outboard, the wheel has a "negative" offset. If there is more width inboard, the wheel has a positive offset. The OEM +18mm offset means the mounting surface is 18mm from dead center of the width to the outboard which pushes the wheel inboard. Wheel widths are measured from where the tire seats inner to outer so the outside lip of the wheel is actually 1" wider than the wheel size (9.5" wheel is 10.5" wide overall from outer lip to outer lip). That makes a 9.5" width "0 offset" wheel 5.25" inboard and 5.25" outboard (centered). That inboard overall measurement (mounting surface to outer lip on inboard distance) is referred in the wheel business as the "backspacing" or "backspace measurement". That same wheel with a +18mm offset (more width inboard) would be the 5.25" + 18mm (0.71")= 5.96" backspacing. The same wheel with a +12mm offset would be 5.25" + 12mm (0.48")= 5.73" backspacing. There is only 6mm (0.24") difference between the OEM +18mm and our +12mm with the OEM slightly more positive (inboard) than ours.
    Bruce Rhodes
    800-824-2676

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it....

Bruce, you got an upgrade program?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce, I sent you a PM a while ago reference wheels. Just a heads up. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bravozero588,I am very sorry I missed your PM. I will find it and respond immediately.Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    315s rear - Album on Imgur

I've been trying for a week to post these pictures. The attachment manager keeps giving me an error stating that the site certificate is invalid.

Anyway, the valve stem on the right rear was leaking yesterday. It lost ten pounds overnight. No worries as Discount Tire fixed it for free! I did look at the wheel well when I had the wheel off. I didn't see any indications of rubbing, and we have put about 700 miles on this setup. I have not had time to pull the left wheel yet. I will at some point.
    Last edited by tcunningham1979; 06-03-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Thanks Factory Reproductions thanked for this post
    Likes Factory Reproductions, run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent, as well. Thank you!
    Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bruce... anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have ANY Demon reps on 1st Gen 300? please someone post or email me

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote request sent via email.