Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much @mattrobertson and friends for the write up. Realy helped me complete my own PS cooler upgrade and oil cooler sandwich plate install. Look forward to putting them through some tough days, again thanks for your r & d and constant updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Likes OttoPilot, Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    People still doing the cooler upgrades? Cool!

Hi Matt!
    2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten!
    2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

I'm not an actor, but I do play one on TV.
    Likes d rock no ice liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    what's she look like with clothes on?
    Likes pursuitlx liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    You talkin to me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by d rock no ice View Post
    You talkin to me?

Yup

Post Thanks / Like

Frankencooler is Here. Modular Auxiliary Cooling For The 5.7/6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much @mattrobertson and friends for the write up. Realy helped me complete my own PS cooler upgrade and oil cooler sandwich plate install. Look forward to putting them through some tough days, again thanks for your r & d and constant updates.
    I don't see any sort of NVH damping material in the mounting setup...is it all just hard-mounted directly to the crashbar? I believe it was addressed early in the thread when Meister's setup developed a leak, and I remember some cooler manufacturers recommended it too.

I used Earl's coolers and their brackets which included foam/rubber/neoprene pads to help isolate the cooler from vibrations. The Hellcat oil cooler does this as well with what looks like two big rubber bushings in the mounting holes.

You also have it mounted via just the upper ears...no concerns there? It was a potential issue that Matt solved early in the thread with simple stainless steel all-thread making it much more stable and fully supported.
    FURIOUS FUCHSIA 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
    Mopar // SRT // Pursuit // LMI // Zoomers // Belanger // Diablosport // Hotchkis // PowerGrid Inc // Razor's Edge // Petty's Garage // AAD // Syncro Design Works // Ridetech // Crank This! Performance-BFNY // Serious Metal Fab // Carbotech // Russell // Rennline // Stant // Joelvan // Derale // ATI Perf // Earl's // Improved Racing // Milodon // B&M // AMG // Wavetrac // ZAutoTech // Saleen SMS // Speedhut // WebElectric // Hurst

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrankenberry View Post
    I don't see any sort of NVH damping material in the mounting setup...is it all just hard-mounted directly to the crashbar? I believe it was addressed early in the thread when Meister's setup developed a leak, and I remember some cooler manufacturers recommended it too.

I used Earl's coolers and their brackets which included foam/rubber/neoprene pads to help isolate the cooler from vibrations. The Hellcat oil cooler does this as well with what looks like two big rubber bushings in the mounting holes.

You also have it mounted via just the upper ears...no concerns there? It was a potential issue that Matt solved early in the thread with simple stainless steel all-thread making it much more stable and fully supported.
    Thanks for pointing that out I over looked that. I think the neoprene pads would be the best bet.
    I did just mount the upper ears directly to the crash bar w/ Z brackets, my plan was to use the threaded dowels like the OG’s but ended up not feeling the need considering how sturdy it was. But hey after some miles I can easily make adjustments...but think the neoprene pads is a good immediate one.

Last edited by d rock no ice; 02-12-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll be fine...

There's not enough short-term vibration loading on our rides to worry about - even if it was (directly) mounted to the engine itself. Damping / energy dissipation rules...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 02-12-2021 at 10:38 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks d rock no ice thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car and superb installation job!

A caution is that the cooling capacity of that Mish EOC is about 16% less than the Earl's EOC on Matt's car.

Setrab publishes the best information on EOCs. By their charts, that Mish EOC is suitable for a 260 HP engine.

However, your design gives much better air flow than Matt's.

This is a long way of saying, be sure to check your oil temperature under load.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OttoPilot View Post
    Beautiful car and superb installation job!

A caution is that the cooling capacity of that Mish EOC is about 16% less than the Earl's EOC on Matt's car.

Setrab publishes the best information on EOCs. By their charts, that Mish EOC is suitable for a 260 HP engine.

However, your design gives much better air flow than Matt's.

This is a long way of saying, be sure to check your oil temperature under load.
    Hey thanks! Good research and thank you. I figured I would go bigger if I felt the need or saw high temps but I do primarily autoX the car but i rarely plan to road course the car and won’t be anywhere close to the limits like Matt and others.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn she's pretty!
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Share This Thread