Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaRT View Post
    Finally found a spot to insert the temperature probe in the radiator, spotted it while doing the Blink-Blink mod. Hope to finish up the fan mod install today, my relay is all set to go and I tested it this morning, turns both fans on when I ground the wire.

So cool!

Bob A.
    What's the Blink-Blink mod, Bob?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, i just did the mod.

if you want, you can go back and add this to the first post.

the napa part number for the relay i gave is a CHINESE copy of the bosch. it is the hardest of the three to modify, imo.

i chose to use a preset 180 t-stat, and for my fan control i bought a Hayden fan t-stat part #3652 at pepboys, another part number that auto zone uses is 226206. this probe is self contained with the switch and is real easy to install.

this is a small probe that is preset at the factory to come on at 185, cut off at 170. its <$25 and the best part? it comes with a relay with the resistor installed. i opened it up and it is pretty nice. i modded the factory one and kept the other one as a spare for service calls. so the napa 191 ran 6 dollars. so i got the mod down to 31! no additional parts needed!

you dont need the harness in the picture...
    Last edited by mcinfantry; 11-02-2006 at 02:39 AM.
    2006 Charger SRT-8 sold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    What's the Blink-Blink mod, Bob?
    The Blink-Blink mod is one done by Funky Chicken, check out the Knowledge Base here for it. The 300's don't need it, as they already have the feature. For the Magnum's and Charger's, it makes the front side marker lights flash when you use your turn signals. In stock form, your front side marker lights do not flash at all. Looks cool at night and is a safety feature.

Check it out, a free mod.

Bob A.
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, 77 years old - married 56 years. Sold my 05' Magnum RT which ended up being totaled. My new ride is a 2016 Toyota Highlander XLE. Time to go up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the delay on the alternate way of modding the stock relays, I've been kinda busy!

I have taken some pics and need to finish up tonight.

If the Bosch relays are easier, I say buy them and do the mod!
    12.217 @ 117 mph on a stock motor

My Station Wagon was faster...

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone from Central Texas done this mod? Specifically from Austin / Killeen area? I know it may look easy, but when it comes to electrical, it scares the sh!t out of me. I can't solder for crap. I may even consider Houston / Dallas in the mix. I have family I can visit (as an excuse to travle specifically for the mod)...shhh, don't let the wifey know, She doesn't understand the obsession!!! :-) Any takers that wouldn't mind walking me through this in person?

Oh, not to take away from the post / instructions, but like I said electical and I don't get along. My luck is I would turn a vehicle that I paid 36K for, and that's only KBB'ing around 12K into scrap metal prices!!
    DODGE MAGNUM...its NOT your mammy's station wagon!!!!!

2006 Magnum R/T, Borla Catback, True Cool Oil cooler, 170 tstat. Superchips, Volant CAI.
    Guages and piller pods coming soon!! (still working on getting them hooked up)

Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Id love to take a better lookk at this one... Any chance of getting the pictures back?
    K&N CAI, Sidewinder cam, 6.1 Pushrods and Valve Springs, JBA shorties, Magnaflow Cat Back, NoESP mod switch, 180 T-Stat, Preadator with a sweet HEMITUNER tune!

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting, but would like to have the photo's back.
    2005 Magnum R/T - Eibach Sportline Springs, Eibach Pro Dampers, Eibach Front/Rear Swaybars, SRT8 Challenger Replica RIMS - SOLD
    2006 Magnum SRT8 - LittleBoy CAM, AirHammer CAI, Diablo Predator, 180Tstat, CMR tune - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to do this if I could see the pictures as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    My mod came out looking like a baby kitten.

Is there any way to do some screenshots of older posts to preserve the images. What happens to them? When they leave the forum do they get deleted?
    Scoot >>

Thanks to our brave men and women who fight for our freedom and those who put themselves in harms way.

Post Thanks / Like
    "is there anyone in there, just nod if can hear me"........Would it be possible to reinstall the pictures. PLEASE.
    Still have '06 300c
    (wife told me to mod my own car)
    Now moddin' '09 Challenger

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Share This Thread