Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    What E Cut-outs you running?

    Seeing a ton of options on summit but wondered first before going off the reviews, what y'all have had here good and bad?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    Seeing a ton of options on summit but wondered first before going off the reviews, what y'all have had here good and bad?
    Feel like I'm the only one here who bashes on qtp. But I've had no good experiences with their products or customer service. After 2 months they became a nightmare. If noweeds diverters are in the budget then go with them. I spent about $520 my qtp dual oval kit, then another 2 for labor/welds. And about another 2 on replacement motors. Currently they are just stuck open on my car as they don't seal shut anymore and rattle like crazy if I have them in any other position. They aren't worth the hassle. A noweeds kit doesn't have the same design flaws. I've seen them on other cars, and everyone who has them loves them and has no issues.

    I can go into more detail with the qtp cutouts if you want.

    Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
    2005 Brilliant Black 300C
    Qtp dual oval cutouts, LegMaker True V2 CAI
    ZAuto Tranzformer, Diablo Trinity 93 canned tune, Hoosier Dr2
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m having true street install dmh as we speak so no reviews yet. I can say that dhm is hard to get ahold of but jimmy says there the best. So we will see


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Badlanz low profile ones on my car, been on for years, only issue I had was one butterfly screw falling out, sent it back and they replaced both screws and welded them in place for free

    Look into the wireless option on any cutouts you get, with the regular rocker switch you have to hold it to open/close while the remote allows it to be on touch
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    you & I have spoken before on QTP and trust me i'm passing on those.
    Likes blistering liked this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    I’m having true street install dmh as we speak so no reviews yet. I can say that dhm is hard to get ahold of but jimmy says there the best. So we will see


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    look forward to a review in a bit

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joekd View Post
    Badlanz low profile ones on my car, been on for years, only issue I had was one butterfly screw falling out, sent it back and they replaced both screws and welded them in place for free

    Look into the wireless option on any cutouts you get, with the regular rocker switch you have to hold it to open/close while the remote allows it to be on touch
    Looking into now, thank you

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm $320 for some badlanz.. delivery for july 2nd, i'll wait for a few more post but seems to be good quality for the price

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    you & I have spoken before on QTP and trust me i'm passing on those.
    I'm glad to see the market is actually expanding with quality alternatives to qtp. Nothing towards dmh, just have no experience with them. A few years ago it was either qtp, dmh or unbranded Chinese stuff.

    Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blistering View Post
    Feel like I'm the only one here who bashes on qtp. But I've had no good experiences with their products or customer service. After 2 months they became a nightmare. If noweeds diverters are in the budget then go with them. I spent about $520 my qtp dual oval kit, then another 2 for labor/welds. And about another 2 on replacement motors. Currently they are just stuck open on my car as they don't seal shut anymore and rattle like crazy if I have them in any other position. They aren't worth the hassle. A noweeds kit doesn't have the same design flaws. I've seen them on other cars, and everyone who has them loves them and has no issues.

    I can go into more detail with the qtp cutouts if you want.

    Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
    I can actually second you.

    I had The same exact oval QTP cutouts installed on my challenger, after about 3 months started the issues. One would get stuck open, and I would have to crawl under my car and push the flap closed while someone was holding the power to the switch. then they would never seal all the way and would make an annoying exhaust leak sound. and after about a year, the butterflies were loose and flappy, and they constantly fluttered when they were closed, sounded horrible.


    That being said, I currently have a nice shiny stainless set of NoWeeds cutouts ready to be installed on a free weekend. Build quality is leaps and bounds better, and they won't hang nearly as low as my QTP cutouts were. I do plan on putting v-bands on as I'd like the option to remove them easily if ever need be.

    As one of my new favorite saying goes; If you have the money to buy the cheap part twice, buy the right part once.
    Thanks Jay Z thanked for this post

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenSunnyD View Post
    I can actually second you.

    I had The same exact oval QTP cutouts installed on my challenger, after about 3 months started the issues. One would get stuck open, and I would have to crawl under my car and push the flap closed while someone was holding the power to the switch. then they would never seal all the way and would make an annoying exhaust leak sound. and after about a year, the butterflies were loose and flappy, and they constantly fluttered when they were closed, sounded horrible.


    That being said, I currently have a nice shiny stainless set of NoWeeds cutouts ready to be installed on a free weekend. Build quality is leaps and bounds better, and they won't hang nearly as low as my QTP cutouts were. I do plan on putting v-bands on as I'd like the option to remove them easily if ever need be.

    As one of my new favorite saying goes; If you have the money to buy the cheap part twice, buy the right part once.
    Yea i ended up buying replacement motors since the little gears inside would loose their teeth. Eventually I would get a new motor and just get the gears out and rebuild the broken ones. But I just gave up doing that ****. Its a crap job just getting the dam things off the car with the **** clearance on the bolts. I ran out of good gears and I'm not giving them any more of my money. I asked them to sell me just the gears but was instead sent a link to buy yet another $60 replacement motor. Like just ****ing no.

    The main issue with their design is with having a single switch for both motors, and no torque management to prevent the gears from breaking on the one that closed before the other. Even the wireless kit that touts its over torque prevention does not do it. Its what got me into the mess in the first place.


    The noweeds use a linear actuator on a controller. So it always knows its position and cant damage its self. It also has a user settable memory position. They are expensive but its a great product that no e-cutout can really match. The design was well thought out.

    Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

    Edit for mobile typos.
    Last edited by blistering; 06-18-2020 at 02:59 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    2,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the QTPs for quite a while on mine. The only issues I have had are honestly all my own faults, not running the wiring far enough away from the exhaust that I melted it, have had 1 get hit hard enough when I bottomed out that it took the whole motor & flange off?! Other than that had 1 remote break in my pocket but I dont really use the remotes anymore since its synced up to the Homelink buttons
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs - Corsa Sport Catback - Killer Glass
    BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling with lots of West Coast Fasteners Titanium Bolts & Washers
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brushed Copper Demon Reps by Factory Reproductions - KW Adjustable Springs
    Stainless Long Tube Headers w/ Catless Mids - Whipple 2.9L - TruFiber Deep Dish Grill - Amerihood Hellcat Hood
    ZL1 Wicker Bill - APR Carbon Front Splitter
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just got the car back from jimmy and although it’s late I did open and close them to try them out and Jesus I live them already.
    I put mine on a rocker switch


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    Well I just got the car back from jimmy and although it’s late I did open and close them to try them out and Jesus I live them already.
    I put mine on a rocker switch


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea i drive my car with them open every time, the sound does not get old. I guess if I'm being honest, them being stuck open is a bonus for me since I can use it as an excuse lol.

    Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazon.com: BadlanzHPE Electric Exhaust Cutout 3 INCH SS 5 YEAR WARRANTY!!: Automotive

    Pulling trigger on these unless someone stops me....

    Just asked what kit they have includes remote since it appears this one doesn't

    So another $90 you get two remotes. So grand total $410
    Last edited by Jay Z; 06-25-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •