Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    Yea for sure mine was a kit from jay Greene custom cam, lifters, phase limiter, mds plugs rpm springs, retainers, seats, locks, shims,Hardened pushrods. I went in thinking just a few grand, quickly getting out of hand. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not to derail but he's currently working on one for my whipple 392 stroker build right now. Can't wait to hear her fire up for the first time in a couple months

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmx5 View Post
    Not to derail but he's currently working on one for my whipple 392 stroker build right now. Can't wait to hear her fire up for the first time in a couple months
    Don't worry, think it was derailed a while back. Good luck on build, hear great things about Jay.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 2017 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.62 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22
    Likes dcmx5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I rebuilt my 5.7 and cam swapped, I bought Melling replacements off Rock Auto spec'd for the 6.4L. They seem to be out of stock at the moment and I noticed the price has gone up a lot lately. At the time, I want to say they were only $45 for a set of 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmx5 View Post
    Nice he’s super responsive and is available at all hours idk when he sleeps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Still have the ones pulled?
    Hey I stumbled across a full kit that comp cams sells, I kind of wish I went this route. They claim their lifters are better then the Mopar version.

Stage 3 HRT 224/234 Max Power Hydraulic Roller Master Cam Kit for Dodge 5.7/6.4L HEMI w/ VVT 2009+

Not the exact cam specs you were eyeing but I’m sure you could contact them and work something out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I stumbled across a full kit that comp cams sells, I kind of wish I went this route. They claim their lifters are better then the Mopar version.

Stage 3 HRT 224/234 Max Power Hydraulic Roller Master Cam Kit for Dodge 5.7/6.4L HEMI w/ VVT 2009+

Not the exact cam specs you were eyeing but I’m sure you could contact them and work something out.

I only see short travel units Eric.

I always recommend buying OEM lifters. The guarantee is they are approved Contractor components that meet FCA's specifications. I spoke to one of our reputable Vendors / Builders the other day; the topic of lifter failure came up. They use OEM lifters in all of their builds - including those in the upper stratosphere. Exceptions are where a customer has requested something else and are willing to pay through the nose for something the OEM units do just as well - based on Internet hearsay (why turn down larger margins :^)

Last edited by Hemissary; 01-15-2020 at 05:42 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Eric40962005 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What is the go to lifter for a new build?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

I always recommend buying OEM lifters. The guarantee is they are approved Contractor components that meet FCA's specifications. I spoke to one of our reputable Vendors / Builders the other day; the topic of lifter failure came up. They use OEM lifters in all of their builds - including those in the upper stratosphere. Exceptions are where a customer has requested something else and are willing to pay through the nose for something the OEM units do just as well - based on Internet hearsay (larger margins :^)

Oh yea I love hearsay from all these manufacturers we are x-percent better than the competitor but not everyone can be better... yea I just thought the price point for what you got in that kit was good. I personally am only buying what guys (who have built way bigger badder) engines than what I’m using recommend. Yea I did a fair amount of research on all of the aftermarket engine internals for the 6.4L. Not much out there really, except for maybe MMX seems to do it right. The only after market lifter that caught my eye was Johnson. But I think they were 600$ for a set....lol

Edit: scratch 600 I guess they are 925$ lol

Last edited by Eric40962005; 01-15-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I always recommend buying OEM lifters. The guarantee is they are approved Contractor components that meet FCA's specifications. I spoke to one of our reputable Vendors / Builders the other day; the topic of lifter failure came up. They use OEM lifters in all of their builds - including those in the upper stratosphere. Exceptions are where a customer has requested something else and are willing to pay through the nose for something the OEM units do just as well - based on Internet hearsay (larger margins :^)

Hemissary, any idea who makes the stock lifters? I was fairly confident the Melling replacements I bought might have been OE. But I haven't been able to confirm this. It might also explain why they are back ordered in recent weeks vs over a year ago when I was easily able to order mine. Figured you might have a better idea.
    Mopar11 Charger, MMX Cam, BBK Shorty Headers, Hemifever tune, Getrag 3.91 LSD

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I ordered the TSP Boosted Stage 4 cam with push rods today. Pricing out the other stuff now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Well I ordered the TSP Boosted Stage 4 cam with push rods today. Pricing out the other stuff now.
    Nice yea their pushrods looked nice. I mean they make all their own **** so I don’t see how anyone can compete with their pricing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea I love hearsay from all these manufacturers we are x-percent better than the competitor but not everyone can be better... yea I just thought the price point for what you got in that kit was good. I personally am only buying what guys (who have built way bigger badder) engines than what I’m using recommend. Yea I did a fair amount of research on all of the aftermarket engine internals for the 6.4L. Not much out there really, except for maybe MMX seems to do it right. The only after market lifter that caught my eye was Johnson. But I think they were 600$ for a set....lol

Edit: scratch 600 I guess they are 925$ lol

One thing that constantly bothers me is Hot Rod Magazine's "articles". A good example is the Johnson lifters a while back; its an advertisement...Johnson pays Hot Rod Magazine and they produce supposed technical articles to this effect. So of course(!) they're going to be head and shoulders "better" that than anything else available. Its a vested sham; E3 spark plugs with ridiculous / over the top GND straps that severely hinder spark kernel propagation - if you believe the bullsh!t - they too are superior to any other spark plug on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that constantly bothers me is Hot Rod Magazine's "articles". A good example is the Johnson lifters a while back; its an advertisement...Johnson pays Hot Rod Magazine and they produce supposed technical articles to this effect. So of course(!) they're going to be head and shoulders "better" that than anything else available. Its a vested sham; E3 spark plugs with ridiculous / over the top GND straps that severely hinder spark kernel propagation - if you believe the bullsh!t - they too are superior to any other spark plug on the market.
    Oh man when E3 spark plugs came out I was like 16 years old and was a parts boy at pep boys. People thinking they gave better spark due to that donkey dick hanging off the end. But I guess their marketing was successful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kb67mopar View Post
    Hemissary, any idea who makes the stock lifters? I was fairly confident the Melling replacements I bought might have been OE. But I haven't been able to confirm this. It might also explain why they are back ordered in recent weeks vs over a year ago when I was easily able to order mine. Figured you might have a better idea.
    If memory serves, their 05' - 08' oil pumps were at one time (if the engine configuration goes out of production, Contractors may have the option to continue to produce parts as replacements). I don't have any packaging handy, if I recall, the OEM lifters do state they are manufactured in GMBH.

OEM Contract Suppliers have no choice but to meet or exceed stringent specs and manufacturing procedures and processes.

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone buying OEM parts; always go first to online / approved Parts Supply Houses that actually carry / distribute OEM-specified parts. Their prices are often significantly lower than than the Dealer Parts counter. You need to know your way around the factory platform designations / sales codes / and PN iterations (we can download OME Parts Lists here at LX). This - along with your build sheet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice yea their pushrods looked nice. I mean they make all their own **** so I don’t see how anyone can compete with their pricing.

Got a nice military discount and free shipping.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast