Post Thanks / Like

Ported 6.4 intake resaults

Just wondering how people made out with the ported 6.4 intake. I was thinking about having it done for one of my cars, just wanted some input.
    392 thitek heads and twin 62 turbos.10.20's 0n 10lbs,lot's of Hp on tap. Old set up 427 eagle. http://youtu.be/F1twEKaSQHs http://youtu.be/461fZ5OpH8c

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a thread where this was discussed some time ago, but can't remember which. The consensus was no gains as the stock intake is pretty much the as good as it gets on a stock or bolt on care. If going FI I believe the 6.1L intake is the preferred choice since it gets rid of the adjustable intake runners(?, think that's what they are called). The 6.4 can cause one bank to lean out due to these.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    There's a thread where this was discussed some time ago, but can't remember which. The consensus was no gains as the stock intake is pretty much the as good as it gets on a stock or bolt on care. If going FI I believe the 6.1L intake is the preferred choice since it gets rid of the adjustable intake runners(?, think that's what they are called). The 6.4 can cause one bank to lean out due to these.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not the runners that make it hard to tune, it's the entry angle of the air due to the neck of the 6.4 intake. That's what causes one side to be rich and leans the other side out.

On a bolt on, N/A car it's hard to beat.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks SuperSound thanked for this post
    Likes ronan978, SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Porting is a waste of time and money on NYLON6 intake manifolds.

Garden variety boost levels are fine, serious boost levels are not as the air flow into the plenum is significant enough to lean out most of the right bank. I wouldn't bother with porting NYLON6 manifolds on engines which are pressurized, as any gains as seen on NA engines are definitely moot.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 11-20-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Porting is a waste of time and money on NYLON6 intake manifolds. Regarding gains; there are a number of threads on here and other Forums with data showing significant gains for NA everywhere under the curve.

Garden variety boost levels are fine, serious boost levels are not as the air flow into the plenum is significant enough to lean out most of the right bank. I wouldn't bother with porting or NYLON6 manifolds one engines which are pressurized as any gains as seen on NA engines are definitely moot.
    Thanks, I've seen some of the other threads, just wondering long term.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup ,they nailed it ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s