Post Thanks / Like

Starting to gather parts for cam install looking for some opinions on my choices

2007 Charger RT AWD w/ 3k stall
    Choice of cam FRI Sidewinder.
    Do I really need the whole timing set or just the Timing chain tensioner from the 6.1.
    Also, with the below timing sets that are adjustable, would there be benefit to retard the cam any to bring power on a little later due to the torque converter? Im not too sure how that works as i hear of people advancing to bring torque in early. If i retard the cam will I also see power at higher RPM'S? Or does this just mess up the tuning process. From what I've read the Sidewinder is 1500-5500 rated cam.

Which Would you choose from these Melling timing sets and oil pumps. Or i there is another preferred product.

https://www.melling.com/wp-content/u...age-layout.pdf

or the MELLINGM362 Standard Volume and Pressure for the 6.1

Also on the push rods. 6.1
    MELLING MPR665 Info
    Intake

x4
    " title="Next Image" style="display: block; vertical-align: top; max-height: 100%; max-width: 1.2em; cursor: pointer; margin: 0.1em;">
    $1.47
    Add to Cart
    MELLING MPR664 Info
    Exhaust

x4
    " title="Next Image" style="display: block; vertical-align: top; max-height: 100%; max-width: 1.2em; cursor: pointer; margin: 0.1em;">
    $2.90
    And the valve stem seal get for 5.7 or 6.1? or they the same?

And springs I was going with the Mopar 6.1 exhaust .

Thanks for any input.
    Brian
    Last edited by Slickawd; 05-15-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Mopar CAI, Mopar Performance Torque Converter, MTCM, Tranzformer, 170 stat, Diablo 93 CAI tune + 5% fuel, RT Junkey’s ESP Mod, JBA shorties, cat delete thru Thrush Rattlers, UPR Catch Can, Eibach lowering springs, Mopar rear diffuser, Mopar front chin, Hurst T handle. 07 AWD Charger RT.