Post Thanks / Like

Cam only, stock springs possible in 6.4 VVT non MDS?

I have a 2012 6.4 SRT chally crate motor, non MDS for manual transmission in my 2013 Daytona automatic. I have long tubes, 3200 stall, and 3.73 Getrag. Just miss that lumpy idle from a cam, but not wanting to get into needing heads etc. and emissions risk. Any known good performance cams that are compatible with the stock springs pushrod and timing parts? Can I swap springs in the car if needed? Not looking for an engine building thread, just do these engines have a mild cam selection that won't hurt or just not be worth the labor at all. Thanks
    Modern Muscle NSR-STG3-LP says no springs required,??
    Last edited by chief455; 02-03-2019 at 01:33 PM.
    2013 Charger Daytona R/T Super Track Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    I have a 2012 6.4 SRT chally crate motor, non MDS for manual transmission in my 2013 Daytona automatic. I have long tubes, 3200 stall, and 3.73 Getrag. Just miss that lumpy idle from a cam, but not wanting to get into needing heads etc. and emissions risk. Any known good performance cams that are compatible with the stock springs pushrod and timing parts? Can I swap springs in the car if needed? Not looking for an engine building thread, just do these engines have a mild cam selection that won't hurt or just not be worth the labor at all. Thanks
    Modern Muscle NSR-STG3-LP says no springs required,??
    I looked forever and have come to the conclusion that doing a cam in a 392 is pretty much a full tear down and rebuild outside of the short block. They all say they need springs and VVT limiter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2013 Charger Pursuit. 6.4 HEMI swap. 20x9 forged OEM wheels. Atturo AZ850 275 tires. SHR MOD6 valve body. Tan cloth R/T interior swap. 4 piston red Brembos and 3.09 LSD on the way.