Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet you have always wondered about those eBay headers

Taboo subject I know lol

Disclaimer: I bought these two years ago before I had joined the forum and learned about quality parts. I have since had oem 6.1 headers and mids and also jba shorties and these have been in the attic. Some of you may have checked out the home porting 5.7 thread, while it's not my thread I have been participating in it with my own heads. I figured I would grab these and see how they fit while I have the heads off. I do understand you get what you pay for in most cases so while $1500 kooks will last you 10+ years I can buy a set of these almost every year for that same price. Do I want to do that, absolutely not. Just saying.

These are speed daddy aka dna motoring headers they look like a copy of the kooks equal length. Supposedly 16g thick tube, iirc kooks are 14g? I measured the tube to be 6" circumference so that's 1.9" outer diameter subtract .1 for the supposed thickness and that puts us between the recommended for 5.7 engines 1 3/4" and the not recommended 1 7/8" at 1.8" inner diameter. These were meant for 6.1-6.4 though so that seems acceptable.

Supposedly 304 stainless steel; magnet test showed that the flanges didn't pass, the magnet stuck on. The tubes passed, magnet didn't stick.
    I do recall reading that some stainless will hold a magnet after welding or something like that so idk about the flanges.

One thing I notice right away is the ports seem huge. Even on my "ported" heads they are much larger. Note again these are sold for the 6.1-6.4 though And I have "ported" 5.7 heads.

All bolt holes and ports line up correctly and the flange seems flat. Still need to check that though.

Will there be fitment issues in the engine bay idk yet but they seem to match up to the heads just fine. And if I do install these instead of my shorties it will be temporary until I have all my parts on hand for a turbo build I am stashing away one part at a time. Will not be using the crap gaskets that come with it.

Here's the pics on a half ported head on my bench

Take it for what it's worth, I just know everyone has checked these out on eBay and thought about it. Don't worry I won't tell anyone you did lol. I want to say again I can not comment on if these will actually fit in the car as I have not tried. Purchase at your own risk.

Added info:

Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    A little more info for those following the thread and wanting to do this.

If you have the "tuned primary" style like Ronan, you need the Flowtech style mids.

If you have the "Old school" long tubes like Ezekiel and I do, you need the longer BBK style.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekielguy86 View Post
    For anyone curious about the Flowtechs vs the BBK mid pipes. Flowtechs are the shorter polished pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Make sure somewhere it says "Stabilize the steering wheel before you undo the coupling. If the steering wheel freespins, you WILL break the clock spring!"

Just good info right there, idc who you are

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BradJo9; 08-24-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Thanks Stormshadow757, Beach Goat thanked for this post
    Likes SHARKY 370, PastorTree, BlackAce liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive always had decent out comes with ebay headers. Might not last the longest but chances are, you'll change them up before they fail anyways. Whats the price of those? They look decent.

Post Thanks / Like
    $160 shipped

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how they are making any money. It has to cost them 40-50$ to ship from California to Florida on these lol

Post Thanks / Like
    damn. Cant beat that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Worth that price for someone to cut up for turbo headers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing these flanges cover the egr port completely, there are some out there that have a flange that is more shaped to the head/header and won't work unless they have an egr tube or notch like the big dollar ones. I do have the predator with the egr off option already.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am man enough to admit I have eyeballed the eBay headers. It's a shame people are afraid to get shamed if they say they run them. With so many of them on eBay clearly someone is buying them. I am not needing something to support 700hp and last a million years. I just want something to run on my nearly daily driver that I also use to haul my kiddos around in. I do wish someone with install experience would chime in an give input of fitment though.
    Thanks tokinmoenugz thanked for this post
    Likes PastorTree, tokinmoenugz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have decided to give these a shot for a few months. I'll update this thread when I install the heads. With porting cam and these headers I will prob hit the dyno as well so we shall see. So far I like what I see. I do think the pipe is a bit large for a stock 5.7 but I think with my mods I'll be ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad for $160 bucks
    06 Black Mag R/T. Rear wiper delete, trunk handle delete, front and rear aluminum belly pans, Strut grills, Spectre drop in , straight pipes exhaust, 85mm Arrington throttle body, diablo sport Intune, Jet 180, billet catch can, st coilovers,spc adjustable upper control arms, BWoody endlinks, Petty's garage sways, speedlogix 4 point rear strut brace, Pettys garage front strut tower brace, long tubes, 2015 eagle intake

Post Thanks / Like
    So after poking around a little looking at these. I feel it is very safe to say they are in fact Kooks knockoffs. The part numbers listed to use for midpipes are Kooks parts! With that said I too am going to pick up a set. I may be a while before I can install though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a link? I'm down

Sent from my XT1254 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes 4DoorMuscle liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/401253881220

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorMuscle View Post
    So after poking around a little looking at these. I feel it is very safe to say they are in fact Kooks knockoffs. The part numbers listed to use for midpipes are Kooks parts! With that said I too am going to pick up a set. I may be a while before I can install though.
    Those part numbers are $400-$900, any leads on cheaper mids?

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast