Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,012 of 1012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got the car on ramps. Popped the hood to find my LMI had slipped off and was hanging open. Gonna have to fix that. Then I looked for the manifolds and their bolts.

All I gotta say is thank god I’ve got skinny arms because there is no way anything bigger than a stick could fit in there. Good god that’s tight. Did y’all take the valve covers off to get any extra room or is this project done entirely blind? I’m thinking a sawzall to the fender would make great access holes.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    Finally got the car on ramps. Popped the hood to find my LMI had slipped off and was hanging open. Gonna have to fix that. Then I looked for the manifolds and their bolts.

All I gotta say is thank god I’ve got skinny arms because there is no way anything bigger than a stick could fit in there. Good god that’s tight. Did y’all take the valve covers off to get any extra room or is this project done entirely blind? I’m thinking a sawzall to the fender would make great access holes.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning
    Try taking off the engine mount on the passenger side and raising the engine with a jack. I don't know how similar yours are to mine but that really helped me.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning
    You can take the valve covers off, it'll help. I just removed the coils on the passenger side. The driver's side, just pull the airbox/intake out and you have plenty of room to get the top bolts.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Never pulled my valve covers but certainly did the top 2 post. I dont have skinny arms noR did my buddy and we were fine
    Last edited by Jay Z; Yesterday at 12:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here , just removed coil packs and did the old reach around. Four hands makes this job an entirely different task. Brad and I didn’t have much trouble with mine. I can’t see jacking the motor a bit being a bad thing. It is tight , so every little bit will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Only help I’ll get is from my 2yr old while the wife drinks a beer and relaxes. Hopefully I can keep her from beating my fender with a wrench. She saw me do that on the bronco and thinks it’s fun to beat things with wrenches.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to jack the motor up to get my mittens on those top 2 middle bolts. Still did it blind but it helped tremendously. Not that hard to jack it up, doesn’t need to be jacked up but just a few inches

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    06 Black Mag R/T. Rear wiper delete, trunk handle delete, front and rear aluminum belly pans, Strut grills, Spectre drop in , straight pipes exhaust, 85mm Arrington throttle body, diablo sport Intune, Jet 180, billet catch can, st coilovers,spc adjustable upper control arms, BWoody endlinks, Petty's garage sways, speedlogix 4 point rear strut brace, Pettys garage front strut tower brace, long tubes, 2015 eagle intake
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768