Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugly welds and that merge collector.....yikes!

But still better than shorties.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, SRT Heads/Intake - ARH Long Tubes - Spartan Plus Cam - Magnaflow - 3.91s - 411rwhp/410rwtq
    Acceleration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLey...aubWU9N6ezVy7g

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027

Post Thanks / Like
    what's wrong with the merge? I would have to say the welds are not much worse then the oem 6.1 manifolds i had inside the ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tokinmoenugz View Post
    Those part numbers are $400-$900, any leads on cheaper mids?

Sent from my XT1254 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    This is the problem. For what companies charge for the mids I'll prob end up cutting and welding my stock mids. I was also thinking of cutting that flange and bulge off the headers and using the pacesetter mids as I believe they are the cheapest I found, but they don't have cats:(

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/281765059731 these bbk might bolt up. Not sure about the flange size though. They say 2.75 inch and the collector is supposedly 3" on the headers. I'll check the headers tomorrow. Does anyone know if someone using bbk mids on kooks headers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/281765059731 these bbk might bolt up. Not sure about the flange size though. They say 2.75 inch and the collector is supposedly 3" on the headers. I'll check the headers tomorrow. Does anyone know if someone using bbk mids on kooks headers?

I would think a muffler shop could make up a set of catless pipes for less than that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorMuscle View Post
    I would think a muffler shop could make up a set of catless pipes for less than that.
    I was thinking about that too

Sent from my XT1254 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you have always wondered about those eBay headers

I was talking to an eBay seller a few months back and they were supposed to be coming out with a set of high flow mids for about $125 I believe. They were supposed to be released around June. I don't recall the who the seller was but it was one them who offered cheap aftermarket headers. It could be them. I'll have to go back through my messages and see who it was.

I would look every so often to see if they were available but I haven't seen them listed.
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be the way to go, I'll prob add some cats though

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like if you want cats your gonna be above 400$ there are a few non catted options for $250ish
    Flowtech 13133FLT 06-14 CHGR/CHLGR/MAG/300 6.1L OFF-ROAD MID-PIPES | eBay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/122345751814
    These will still need adapted to the 5.7 exhaust though, prob still cheaper to let an exhaust shop fab some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wondering if something like this could be used to tie in from headers to stock mids. Would lose the cats unless they were cut and re welded in.

Would need 2 bolt flanges and cut and weld also an o2 bung. Now I need to see where the headers exit is positioned compared to where the stock mid is placed after the cat. If I can do it myself for $60 or so I'd be thrilled.

I do have a welder and enjoy using it more then I should lol. When I first started welding I got severe skin burns from welding all day in a Tshirt with googles. I didn't know any better, Live and learn. Safety first

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    Wondering if something like this could be used to tie in from headers to stock mids. Would lose the cats unless they were cut and re welded in.

Would need 2 bolt flanges and cut and weld also an o2 bung. Now I need to see where the headers exit is positioned compared to where the stock mid is placed after the cat. If I can do it myself for $60 or so I'd be thrilled.

I do have a welder and enjoy using it more then I should lol. When I first started welding I got severe skin burns from welding all day in a Tshirt with googles. I didn't know any better, Live and learn. Safety first

You have to worry about the bends and location but if it works add an X pipe then add proper length straight pipes and you should be set

Last edited by BlackAce; 08-07-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see these making it to the center of the car to use an x pipe like that they don't look anywhere that length. I'm thinking just after the cats somewhere before they turn in towards the center

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to give the headman extensions a try. I'll send them back if I can't see a way

Last edited by BradJo9; 08-08-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I seen these ebay headers and oftentimes wonder if they are exported by the same Chinese company Flowtech uses with the difference is that Holley installs a far better merge collector? Flowtech headers are around $570 without the mids and also are 1 7/8".

Post Thanks / Like
    In the image above where I posted the flowtech mids you'll notice the flange is different so idk.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast