Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Found the stainless version on eBay, but couldn't find the carbon steel anywhere online (other than Swagelok themselves) - so I just placed an order for 4 of them with my local dealer; about a week for stocking. $12.44/ea. No minimum order but I figured if she's gonna bother, I'll get a couple extra.

Thanks for the tip!

Richard
    Any chance you'd be interested in selling one? My local Swagelok dealer wants $43/ea for them...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't want the $43 stainless version...you want the $12 carbon steel version, which any Swagelok dealer will gladly order in quantities of one unit. If they won't, or insist on extra charges then complain to HO (they will be taken to task).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 10-22-2015 at 05:36 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    You don't want the $43 stainless version...you want the $12 carbon steel version, which any Swagelok dealer will gladly order in quantities of one unit. if they won't, or insist on extra charges then complain to HO (they will be taken to task).
    I gave them the part number for the carbon, S rather than SS and that's the quote I got. I'll call back and reiterate that I'm looking specifically for the carbon rather than the stainless.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called back to clarify that I wanted the carbon steel, they apologized, and then quoted me $48...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...I'd be pissed and request to speak to the manager. After confirming the carbon steel PN as listed by me above is what is being quoted on, if that company insists on overcharging I'd complain to HO. The reason I mention this is that this scenario is similar to one week ago where another member ran into the same problem. I intervened and the vender relented...claiming they "misunderstood".

I get pissed when I see people being ripped off...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-02-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Wow...I'd be pissed and request to speak to the manager. After confirming the carbon steel PN as listed by me above is what is being quoted on, if that company insists on overcharging I'd complain to HO. The reason I mention this is that this scenario is similar to one weeks ago where another member ran into the same problem. I intervened and the vender relented...claiming they "misunderstood".

I really REALLY get pissed when I see people being ripped off...
    I'm not pissed, but I am definitely annoyed. I'll contact Swagelok directly in the morning and see what they have to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a cool setup, I made up my own bleed system with brass parts I got from my local Advance Auto parts store.

Bob

Bob in Ocala, Florida, 77 years old - married 56 years. Sold my 05' Magnum RT which ended up being totaled. My new ride is a 2016 Toyota Highlander XLE. Time to go up.
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been looking online trying to find the Swagelok purge valves but the SS version is the only one that keeps coming up, has anyone found a place to order the carbon steel version online ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead View Post
    I've been looking online trying to find the Swagelok purge valves but the SS version is the only one that keeps coming up, has anyone found a place to order the carbon steel version online ?
    No luck thus far and no luck finding a corporate phone number so I'm in a holding pattern until I can find one or track down a phone number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    No luck thus far and no luck finding a corporate phone number so I'm in a holding pattern until I can find one or track down a phone number.
    I went to the Swagelok website and found my local distributor. Sent them an email with the part # and had a reply in 20 minutes, just got off the phone with them and My order is placed. They quoted me $14.24 each, I went ahead and ordered a spare. Said I should have them in 3-5 days.

If you have a problem finding them you can call.
    Kristen Sinor
    979.297.3228 phone
    979.297.3424 fax
    Swagelok Texas Mid-Coast
    2112 N Brazosport Blvd
    Richwood, TX 77531
    www.swagelok.com/brazoria

Major Thanks to Hemissary .
    Last edited by daparrothead; 10-30-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead View Post
    I went to the Swagelok website and found my local distributor. Sent them an email with the part # and had a reply in 20 minutes, just got off the phone with them and My order is placed. They quoted me $14.24 each, I went ahead and ordered a spare. Said I should have them in 3-5 days.

If you have a problem finding them you can call.
    Kristen Sinor
    979.297.3228 phone
    979.297.3424 fax
    Swagelok Texas Mid-Coast
    2112 N Brazosport Blvd
    Richwood, TX 77531
    www.swagelok.com/brazoria

Major Thanks to Hemissary .
    I may end up doing that, but for now I'm intent on getting a line to their corporate office because the local office is on my list after seeing several people ordering the same part from their local Swagelok dealers and getting reasonable price quotes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Plan to do a coolant change next weekend and found one on Ebay for $13 to my door. Good timing on the post, thanks!
    '10 R/T 6 Speed // Some Boost & Other Stuff // website // FB - @CarShotsbyWes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R/T_6speed View Post
    Plan to do a coolant change next weekend and found one on Ebay for $13 to my door. Good timing on the post, thanks!
    I looked on ebay and the only one I found was Stainless Steel, they wanted $13.95 plus $2.75 shipping for it. In Hemissary's original post he stated about galvanic corrosion issues using the SS, why I went with the carbon steel as he suggested.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you suggest getting the original 1/4 npt fitting off if they've already married together? The old hammer tap isn't cutting it. Maybe I should try a 6.5mm allen socket with a breaker bar?
    2010 SRT Challenger M6 with a Magnuson 2300, cam & heads...tweaked by BFNY and tuned by AJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010SRT View Post
    How do you suggest getting the original 1/4 npt fitting off if they've already married together? The old hammer tap isn't cutting it. Maybe I should try a 6.5mm allen socket with a breaker bar?
    If you have a 6.5mm Allen head socket - try it. My Allen headed sockets go from 6mm to 7mm. Do you have a torch? Heating up the surrounding aluminum can help, as it expands at a significantly greater rate then the metal NPT plug...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread