Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aarcuda72032 View Post
    so does the actually either stay fully open or fully closed in normal operation or is it actually variable???
    Apologies; missed your question. The valves are either open or closed, no required for in-between operation...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 10-30-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    So whatever happened to this project?
    2012 Dodge Charger

PB 1/8 run: 7.92 @ 86.92 * 1.76 60' on street tires with DA at 1786 - All Stock

Current mods:

Custom tune by Lxmodguy, Stage II VB, Corsa Extreme Exhaust and LMI true CAI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rander View Post
    I also have the intake and the hardware to operate the runners,but no dynoing till spring.
    392 thitek heads and twin 62 turbos.10.00s 0n 10lbs,lot's of Hp on tap. Old set up 427 eagle. http://youtu.be/F1twEKaSQHs http://youtu.be/461fZ5OpH8c

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rander View Post
    It's still in-play; all that is left is to mold the underside where it interferes with the upper block's water pump housing. The control system I designed (thanks to Pete) is functional. Finally settled on an aluminum block, so it'll likely be spring before it all comes together. There's snow on the ground...I'm in no rush.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Once the rpm-based control system is functional it will be mounted onto a 6.1-based 396 with a very unique and lightweight rotating assembly (525g Lentz rods w/IRL journals/Cup bearings, pin-drilled/profiled crank, 400g CP's, total bob weight 1525g).
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrad View Post
    PS: that engine sounds very familiar :-P I had one like that a couple years ago I believe its driving around in Wolfmann21's car right now.... even the bob weight is almost exactly the same!
    I have no idea what that stuff means, I just know the motor is pretty much the only part of the car not currently pissing me off lol

Sounds intriguing, looking forward to hearing how it turns out

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be a while yet; the latest (higher integrity) aluminum block casting it will reside on has only just arrived...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 10-30-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching this one!

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    ditto..

Post Thanks / Like
    So does the ports line up and the port shape match each other? Just need the spacers for clearance only?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heated the NYLON6 and remolded runner #1 for ~0.10" water jacket clearance. If you're queezy about re-molding, then yes a set of aftermarket aluminum spacers will work. DO NOT use composite spacers that eventually distort and leak!

This manifold will function poorly on pre-08' 5.7 cylinder heads using offset spacers! In simple terms; you will be wasting time and money (same applies to 6.1 aluminum intake manifold) as any gains will be negated due to the over-the-top offset and redirection of air flow.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 10-30-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, you just need to notch the intake, Correct?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what you mean by notch the intake; the front runner will require minor reforming to deal with the upper coolant jacket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Not sure what you mean by notch the intake; the front runner will require minor reforming to deal with the upper coolant jacket.
    What do you mean by reforming, and how is this done? Just minor grinding?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    In this case I will heat the area very aggressively, then immediately place the unit on the assembled engine without gaskets in-place, then press down so the heated area takes on the shape of the jacket area. The jacket area will have a couple of layers of 3oz E-glass cloth to act a shim. This will create enough of a gap between the manifold and the jacket after the manifold has been installed and tightened down. NYLON6 is not adverse to reheat either, so it may take a couple of tries to achieve adequate clearance. On a previous project I cut / reshaped the manifold so no spacers were required: http://www.lxforums.com/board/f71/09...ensive-201388/
    Last edited by Hemissary; 04-16-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you with this Simon?

Name is Kyle aka Dookie 2006->CHSRT8->426->:-)

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread