Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter300c View Post
    It won't just act as a 6.1l manifold for example and continue making power after 4800rpm? What makes it need the short runner to be activated? In several dyno charts I've seen when the short runner is activated there is a slight dip or lag in power before it continues to climb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No, it won't, that is not the way the manifold was designed to operate (the variable relationship between short / long runner length, volume and resonance). You asked: "I
    'd hate to be leaving power on the table if that's the case." Not properly configuring the SRV manifold is defeating the purpose for installing the system in the first place.

Your second question doesn't make sense.

Without knowing if the other installations you refer to are even properly set up, a marked change in HP / TQ output should be investigated. I've read frequently where end-users "feel" the set point should be something other than 4800rpm. How? Why? What evidence do they have to believe this? Others have accidentally reversed operation; which will definitely result in a loss of HP / TQ above the set point.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 10-31-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

No, it won't, that is not the way the manifold was designed to operate. You asked: "I
    'd hate to be leaving power on the table if that's the case." Not properly configuring the SRV manifold is defeating the purpose for installing the system in the first place.

Your second question doesn't make sense.

Without knowing if the other installations you refer to are even properly set up, a marked change in HP / TQ output should be investigated. I've read frequently where end-users "feel" the set point should be something other than 4800rpm. How? Why? What evidence do they have to believe this? Others have accidentally reversed operation; which will definitely result in a loss of HP / TQ above the set point.
    I wasnt referring to MY dyno charts. What I meant was dyno charts I've seen on here from people running this manifold. Also with regards to 4800rpm that seems to be the most commonly chosen rpm range for it to switch to short runner mode. In regards to my setup, the short runner is the only thing not functioning right now. The install is fine and car is running problem free. I was supplied with a harness to wire in the short runner to pcm but was told the 2009 computer I used would not be compatible but could possibly be tuned in. Either I'll have to investigate that or just order the msd kit and follow your instructions.

2006 BB Chrysler 300C 6.4l Swap
    Tuned By Chris At Hotwireauto, SRT Exhaust/Dynamax Race Bullets, 6&4 Piston Brembos, Lmi V2, Tranzformer, BT Catch Can, SRT Wheels, Street Edge Coilovers, SPC Upper Control Arms/Rear Bushings

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasnt referring to MY dyno charts. What I meant was dyno charts I've seen on here from people running this manifold. Also with regards to 4800rpm that seems to be the most commonly chosen rpm range for it to switch to short runner mode. In regards to my setup, the short runner is the only thing not functioning right now. The install is fine and car is running problem free. I was supplied with a harness to wire in the short runner to pcm but was told the 2009 computer I used would not be compatible but could possibly be tuned in. Either I'll have to investigate that or just order the msd kit and follow your instructions.

I'm confused; you mentioned slight dips on several charts, I can only comment on what I've helped others correct to ensure proper operation or make suggestions as to what might be causing improper operation. If you don't have the system installed properly, then its very unlikely your charts would show a dip around the set point...right?
    Are the dips a problem? Or more likely, are they leveling off for a very short period? Get your system installed properly and see.

I've noticed a fixation, boarding on obsession, with making the vehicle's PCM operate this manifold on platforms that simply do not have the appropriate software, let alone the appropriate PIDs and integral pigtails to the OEM harness. If your vehicle is pre-2011, why bother? No one has extracted the specific algorythmns / code to embed into older PCMs - even if it can be found and compartmentalized to the degree it "might" operate without the expected / associated PIDs and parameters found in later iteration (2011+) PCMs. Who is going to spend their professional time to do this when the market is so small? Add to this a marked and unfair / unwarranted bias towards employing the aluminum 6.1 unit, you'll be waiting forever.

When in Rome...do as the Romans; install an MSD window switch, follow the proven detailed instructions I've taken the time to build - and move forward.

Here is a valuable takeaway; if two platforms with identical everything...except one has the SRV intake manifold system and the other has a 6.1 intake manifold. If both vehicles left the line at the same time, the SRV system would get the win light first. No one can argue this...

Last edited by Hemissary; 10-31-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for helping me understand further. I will order the kit and install it. I feel like I do have a lack of power top end possibly so I'm sure this is the culprit. I was told by a reputable individual name I will not mention some false information apparently. It all makes sense that the manifold should function the way it was intended to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for helping me understand further. I will order the kit and install it. I feel like I do have a lack of power top end possibly so I'm sure this is the culprit. I was told by a reputable individual name I will not mention some false information apparently. It all makes sense that the manifold should function the way it was intended to.

Great idea, reach out if you run into difficulties. Now about that false information; what is the "false information?"

Post Thanks / Like
    What posts are the dyno results?
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes, 3.70 LSD Hellcat rear cradle
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm searching around for what I was referring to about the dips or delays when the runners switch. Found one so far, along with a few forum members referring to it. But majority it isnt an issue. The false information was that I dont need to worry about it and it will act as straight through manifold like 6.1 when kept in long runner mode. Also that many people actually unplug the short runner valve. I can actually feel that the car probably isnt pulling as hard as I could in higher rpm. Down low it's a beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by netnathan View Post
    What posts are the dyno results?
    Not sure, they are posted across threads here and on other Forums, with mixed results that lean towards confirmation - but don't(!) clarify any test parameters (only change for example), set points, proper operation, vehicle mods that are all over the map, the list goes on. A proper engine test between various intake manifold / systems (including "ported" units) would shut down a lot of the naysayers and innuendo.

Not too long ago I chatted with an Engineer who admired our innovation, enthusiastically supported mounting on other viable engine combinations and complemented the testing logic that determined a window switch would reliably get around the PCM control system.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 10-31-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hunter300c;5155140]I'm searching around for what I was referring to about the dips or delays when the runners switch. Found one so far, along with a few forum members referring to it. But majority it isnt an issue. The false information was that I dont need to worry about it and it will act as straight through manifold like 6.1 when kept in long runner mode. Also that many people actually unplug the short runner valve. I can actually feel that the car probably isnt pulling as hard as I could in higher rpm. Down low it's a beast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE}

To clarify; leaving the SRV manifold in long runner mode is then similar to any other Hemi OEM (passive) intake manifold operation...but not performance.

I've never heard or read of anyone deliberately disconnecting the SRV system. Who are these "many people"? What reasons do these many people give to justify disconnection?

Those that are actually(!) rendering their SRV system inoperative; is it custom installs like we are discussing here - or OEM systems?

I can't imagine why(!) anyone would disconnect their SRV system if it is operating properly. Doing so is robbing them of HP / TQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hemissary;5155145]
    I'm searching around for what I was referring to about the dips or delays when the runners switch. Found one so far, along with a few forum members referring to it. But majority it isnt an issue. The false information was that I dont need to worry about it and it will act as straight through manifold like 6.1 when kept in long runner mode. Also that many people actually unplug the short runner valve. I can actually feel that the car probably isnt pulling as hard as I could in higher rpm. Down low it's a beast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE}

To clarify; leaving the SRV manifold in long runner mode is then similar to any other Hemi OEM (passive) intake manifold operation...but not performance.

I've never heard or read of anyone deliberately disconnecting the SRV system. Who are these "many people"? What reasons do these many people give to justify disconnection?

Those that are actually(!) rendering their SRV system inoperative; is it custom installs like we are discussing here - or OEM systems?

I can't imagine why(!) anyone would disconnect their SRV system if it is operating properly. Doing so is robbing them of HP / TQ.
    I believe they were referring to custom installs like putting a 6.4l into a non 6.4l car. Or even putting the intake manifold onto a 5.7l car. It doesn't make any sense as why they would say this. But it did make sense to me that it would still function normally in long runner mode. My question I asked them is if I needed to do the msd install or if it would harm me to leave it and I wouldnt be at a loss of power.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hunter300c;5155154]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    I believe they were referring to custom installs like putting a 6.4l into a non 6.4l car. Or even putting the intake manifold onto a 5.7l car. It doesn't make any sense as why they would say this. But it did make sense to me that it would still function normally in long runner mode. My question I asked them is if I needed to do the msd install or if it would harm me to leave it and I wouldnt be at a loss of power.

To leave no doubt; no harm (a misleading word) in leaving it in long runner mode (LRM). Is the system operating near it's potential? Absolutely not. Does the SRV unit left in LRM rival the 6.1? It could...if the low-end torque gains produced by the SRV unit outweigh the 6.1's horsepower gains. Which is not likely - all things being equal.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hemissary;5155155]

To leave no doubt; no harm (a misleading word) in leaving it in long runner mode (LRM). Is the system operating near it's potential? Absolutely not. Does the SRV unit left in LRM rival the 6.1? It could...if the low-end torque gains produced by the SRV unit outweigh the 6.1's horsepower gains. Which is not likely - all things being equal.
    Thanks for your wisdom as usual. I ordered the msd switch and the wiring you suggested an hour ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems some folks can't see the pics - even after I recently re-inserted them :^/

For anyone who would like this thread with (properly placed) pics I've taken screen shots and placed them in an email that can be sent to whomever is interested. Just PM me your email...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-05-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Glenn440 for pointing me to this video. It demonstrates a number of things:
    - Just how significant the gains are: HP (35+) / TQ (40+) on a relatively stock 5.7
    - The significant losses when an end-user elects to operate the intake manifold in long or short runner mode only
    - Confirms the set point is indeed 4800rpm (people need to understand that the set point is designed into the manifold and has absolutely nothing to do with engine configuration).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 11-21-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duplicate post

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Share This Thread