Thread: T2 Questions

Post Thanks / Like

T2 Questions

I am trying to figure out a couple of things...car is '06 Daytona

When adjusting the throttle response, which direction makes it react quicker vs slower? I am having a hard time telling via SOTP, and trying to help my wife with reaction times at the track.

Second, what, other than traction control, will help at the track? Like what shift point would be best? What to turn on/off, what other settings to change using the 91 CAI tune to help?

TIA
    MoparMinion is my 2006 Top Bananuh (intentionally spelled wrong) #2915, Best ET 14.10

Drag Racer at heart, but more a racer than a mechanic...
    Previous/Current Cars worth mentioning: 1981 Fairmont Wagon - 10.45 (current racecar), 2013 Mustang GT M6 - 12.79, 2013 EcoBoost Flex -14.36, 2001 Mustang GT - 13.21, 07 cbr600rr - 10.73, Suzuki Hayabusa - 10.79 (spun every pass), 1986 Mustang GT - 14.01, 1968 Impala - 13.92, 1972 Cutlass S - 14.11

Post Thanks / Like
    Moving toward the + is making it more responsive, but honestly, I dont think that will help with reaction times.

You already have the throttle open and drivetrain loaded at launch (I presume) so the real trick to getting off the line on time is getting off the brake, more so than getting into the throttle

I'd play with TC. Your early 5.7 may be a different animal, but I leave TC on at the track in my Scat Pack as I have wheelhop issues when i disable it and leave too hard.

Shift points are something to experiment with.
    if you've improved the breathing up top, then the 600 rm shift points should be good. I wouldn't bother with the 6400 points unless you did a cam swap.

Thanks
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Moving toward the + is making it more responsive, but honestly, I dont think that will help with reaction times.

You already have the throttle open and drivetrain loaded at launch (I presume) so the real trick to getting off the line on time is getting off the brake, more so than getting into the throttle

I'd play with TC. Your early 5.7 may be a different animal, but I leave TC on at the track in my Scat Pack as I have wheelhop issues when i disable it and leave too hard.

Shift points are something to experiment with.
    if you've improved the breathing up top, then the 600 rm shift points should be good. I wouldn't bother with the 6400 points unless you did a cam swap.

Thanks
    Thanks for the response, the car is stock with CAI and catbacks, and I have drag radials on it...wheel hop hasn't been any sort of an issue without TC. I guess the throttle response makes a difference in how the car stalls from what you said...do any of the tunes remove the torque management to allow to stall the car without killing the 60'?

I initially, without tunes, couldn't launch with any stall. I haven't tried since, due to using it solely for competition not testing since.

as far as shift points, what is the max, so I don't go too high?

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it will launch properly with the tune loaded, just the basic changes in the canned tunes for these early cars REALLY wakes them up

Shift points are only 2 options, 6000 or 6400, unless you have a custom tcm tune done to change them.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was showing 6600rpm when I checked on one of the tunes, I'll check it when I can get to the car on break, but thanks a ton, this has really helped me a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it will launch properly with the tune loaded, just the basic changes in the canned tunes for these early cars REALLY wakes them up

Shift points are only 2 options, 6000 or 6400, unless you have a custom tcm tune done to change them.

Thanks
    Just checked and I can set RPM up to 7k in 50rpm increments, and was set by default to 6600

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, you sure you are looking at shift points?
    Sounds like maybe the rev limit option...

Shift points would be in the quick adjust menu.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, you sure you are looking at shift points?
    Sounds like maybe the rev limit option...

Shift points would be in the quick adjust menu.

Thanks
    You are right! My bad...lol...I can't say enough about the [email protected], Diablosport, and You!
    I'm just not used to tuners, so I get a bit flustered...

Thanks again!

Sorry for so many questions but I wanted to check...I was told the diablo tune can be run on 91 here since 93 isn't available

Post Thanks / Like
    No, if you are using 91 you should really use the 91 octane tune

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do! I will use octane booster if I plan on using the Diablo tune...thanks again!