Post Thanks / Like

Rant while doing paint correction

We interrupt this barrage of wheel questions to bring you the following important message...

Ok, so I haven't had my car for a while, now that I have it back it's time to fix what someone else screwed up.

If you have a black car (or dark car period- but definitely black) and you decide to wash it and dry it off...if you use a terry cloth bath towel/ dish towel or ANYTHING besides a clean absorber or Microfiber cloth...someone is watching you.

It might not be me, but SOMEONE should run up behind you and hit you upside the head with a floor buffer.

DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!

OK, rant over.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled tire and wheel question.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes UpInSmoke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    And a good microfiber too, even some of those can get scratchy after awhile.

I dont even touch the paint unless it's with a lubricant. I only dry using Adam's H20 Guard and Gloss or diluted ONR as a quick lube.

I had some emergency work done at a shop that tried to do me a favor by washing it. Just from one wash they added tons of swirls that would have required an entire polish to remove fully.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 305/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    And a good microfiber too, even some of those can get scratchy after awhile.

I dont even touch the paint unless it's with a lubricant. I only dry using Adam's H20 Guard and Gloss or diluted ONR as a quick lube.

I had some emergency work done at a shop that tried to do me a favor by washing it. Just from one wash they added tons of swirls that would have required an entire polish to remove fully.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's where I am now. Car got dropped off dirty from Tx-Va trip, then accumulated 6+ months worth of dust and crap sitting in the shop.

Someone THOUGHT they'd be nice and wash it for me. Day 3 and I really wish they hadn't. Some of this isn't going to come out without a repaint Rant while doing paint correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    That's where I am now. Car got dropped off dirty from Tx-Va trip, then accumulated 6+ months worth of dust and crap sitting in the shop.

Someone THOUGHT they'd be nice and wash it for me. Day 3 and I really wish they hadn't. Some of this isn't going to come out without a repaint Rant while doing paint correction

Yikes, that bad? Did they use a scotchbrite pad on it? Got any pics?

Post Thanks / Like
    They half-a$$ed washed it, then dried it off with what I can only assume we're dirty old Terry cloth towels. If they even bothered washing it before wiping it down.

I don't have any pics, but there are a few that I can hang a fingernail in, so I knew wouldn't come out.

Unless you're right on top of it and looking for them, you can't see them now, but I know they're there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went out and got a pic of what I had to deal with ...and this is AFTER, compound, polish and wax.

The whole car is covered