Post Thanks / Like

Clay 2.0 from Mothers

I’m sure some of you guys clay your cars at some points.....I was wondering if any of you have used this Speed Clay 2.0 from Mothers ?

If so what did you think of this product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Never used mothers but I do use this mitt from chemical guys

Chemical Guys - Surface Cleansing Mitt Fine Grade Clay System

Can do the whole car in 1/5 the time as regular clay and reusable, just rinse out and ready to go
    2006 Charger SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    use mothers after the racing season each year, its seems to do a good job as my 10 year old rt paint looks better than when i got the car. Thata cuz of Zaino also.

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 100.17 @ Atco 11/18
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used it. I mean its clay. They kind of all work the same to me. Nothing special about this one but it does work.
    2014 R/T M6 - Granite Crystal
    LMI True CAI V2, MM 87mm Ported TB, Port matched intake manifold, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA midpies w/ Cat delete, SLP loudmouth I, 180 TStat, Custom Tune by Heldenburg's, Staggered TSW Tremblant on Nitto NT555 G2, KW Suspension Coilovers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlammedR/T View Post
    I've used it. I mean its clay. They kind of all work the same to me. Nothing special about this one but it does work.
    Actually clay 2.0 or "speed clay" seems to not be clay at all, it's a rubber polymer similar to the chemical guys one I use, you just rinse it and reuse over and over

Post Thanks / Like
    Found it for under $20, just ordered and will try it out on one of the cars here at the house

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used it, and while it does do the same thing as clay (or the nanoskin products), I prefer my Simoniz clay to this particular gadget.

If my paint had already had all the bonded contaminants removed previously (last 12 months or so), then I wouldn't mind going the Mother's 2.0 route to keep the paint free of bonded contaminants or remove the occasional light dosage of tree sap/road paint. But if my paint had never been clayed/nano-skinned, I would not want to try to do the very first decontamination of it with the Mother's 2.0 device. It is just not aggressive enough for that big of a job...for me, anyway.

There is nothing 'wrong' with using it, but I believe it has its place in the detailer's tool chest, and it's place is as a light, non-aggressive clay tool to keep the occasional contamination from bonding to the paint.
    2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg (2018 - ?)
    -- The Bacon Hauler
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Challenger Rallye Redline ed. (2015 - 2018)
    2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry my fat finger on a phone keypad pressed a dislike this post by member joked by accident I reversed it when he very nicely asked why. Please disregard if it comes up. And once again sorry.
    My mods Corsa Extreme catback, ported throttle body, LMI air hammer, Transformer,Diablosport 93 cai tune. Best time so far 13.74 just installed shorty headers catless mids and an underdriven pulley for 2017. Ran a 13.57 @ 102.91.with good air and crappy 60 ft