Post Thanks / Like

Question Who and what to look for to get car refinished

I own a black 2005 Magnum RT. Canadian climate is punishing. I keep up with annual Krown rust proofing and touching up chips & scratches quickly. Rust has been kept at bay. However, I don't have time for hours of detailing work, so the car is looking patch-worked with spots of touch-up work.

What are my best options for getting the finish professionally brought back to life? Is that even realistic? My impression is that most body shops won't even talk to you unless you have a fat insurance claim that they can soak. I don't need car-show-glow. I just want the finish returned to a decent shape that I can maintain.

Who am I looking for? What am I asking for?
    2005 Magnum RT RWD
    Likes nickhabben liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have pictures? Hard to tell from your description if this is just an issue in the clear coat that requires correction or an actual respray of paint and clear.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    It's essentially just years of my amateur & quick work that are adding up and looking ugly. A good-enough-at-the-time job fixing a bad scrape up of the LR door from the former owner. Quick spray-can jobs in Winter months over scratches to keep the rust away. Stuff like that.

I would put time into doing it myself if I had time. But my to-do list is long with more important projects and that list only seems to get longer, not shorter.

I may be able to get some photos later.