Post Thanks / Like

How to get rust "dust" from brakes out of clear coat?

Back when I had my whole caliper fiasco, I ended up with a lot of rust "dust" from the metal in the clearcoat on my wheels. Just about all of it that got into the clear on my actual paint has come out,a dn the rest will when I clay bar it today... But on the passenger side of my car there's a lot of it in the front wheel, and a tiny bit on the rear. I'm about to sell my car so I'd like to get this removed if possible, but it isn't going to kill me if I don't. I just hate my car looking non-optimal, especially if I'm trying to convince someone to give me money for it.

The question is how do I get this very hard to remove "rust dust" from my wheels? Am I going to have to basically sand it off and refinish them? The wheels are the SRT Chally ones, so they're clear coated aluminum.

Suggestions?
    Making sexy look easy since 1983.
    Stay Subtle
    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Get a procharger. I only chirp 4th now. The other gears are just a blazing, screaming, tire shredding, smoke filled show of power. But definitely no chirping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Nu Finish liquid car wax on a cotton terry cloth sock (my socks that get holes). This has worked best for me but my rims are chromed. It does take some tough rubbing.
    2008 SRT8 Magnum, all options + DiabloSport, Zoomers, AirAid, BT Catch Can, 170deg thermo, Toyo Proxes4.
    Best 0-60= 4.76sec

Post Thanks / Like
    Pencil eraser.

Jay

Sent Via Tapatalk. So ignore the wrong Auto-Corrects.
    2013 Honda Accord EX - 2.4L/6-Speed Manual

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD-Everything but the kitchen sink.
    2011 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic - Redline 3-Coat Pearl, 6-speed - Gone
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT-Can you say...HEMI? - Gone
    1989 WS6/L98 Trans Am-Got Torque? - Gone

Share This Thread