Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    sick!
    Current Sponsors and Supporters: Raceline Wheels, Toyo Tires, Airaid, Modified Metal Shifters, Slam Specialties, Amsoil, Borla, R1 Concepts, Odyssey Batteries, Viair Corporation, American Car Craft, Kicker, The Whistler Group, Mothers Polish, California Upholstery, Show & Performance, KP Concepts, Blessed Motorsports, GO EZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see you still making the cool stuff.

I don't need it now... but I hope to soon.
    2006 Charger R/T with Road & Track

10.93 @ 125.6

426 / Apache Heads / 239/247 Cam / Ported 6.1 Intake / 90mm TB / FTI 4400 TC / Getrag 3.23 / Tuned by JerseyBoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Neato! badass as usual...

Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant!

Post Thanks / Like
    any space to put another flap under to catch and force more air in from the grill?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BBoyPersia View Post
    any space to put another flap under to catch and force more air in from the grill?
    Not following that question there sohrab. What I did finish but haven't sent to e to post is...I shrouded in the air filter and channeled the brake duct opening in and over to it. Same thing I did with my cai system cept tricker. All that's left is the thermostat for the aux fan and wire back up the fuel system and put some miles on it.

Wait a sec. If you mean did I seal the grill area to the radiator 100%...that'd be a 10/4
    Last edited by Cam; 02-27-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    From wild to extra wild we got you covered with crap ya never knew you needed.

The first 6.1 transformation and it all went down hill from there.

08 route 66 burnout champion 07 Shindig 6.1NA winner. Willow Springs 1:42!!. 11.796 @ 117mph

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!!!! Ive seen this in person and it is amazing!!!

10.20 @ 138 w/ 1.53 60'
    HUGE Thanks to: Cam @ Crank This Performance..... Adam @ ST Performance..... Peter @ Forgestar Wheels..... Whiteline Suspension...... Arrington Engines..... SHIFT-S3CTOR crew..... My Friends & Family

Post Thanks / Like
    didnt notice you replied. i was going by this pic since i can see open space under the core.

i meant a flat plate/shroud to match the bottom of the grill to the bottom of the HE. but i see you did it with the shoroud in a way i didnt pay attention to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I finally got a chance to toss some millage on this set up over the last two weeks. Best part was I didn't have time to wire in the thermostat and fan prior to spring fest. Now this things runs around on a 14lb set up everyday. At cruise and part throttle boost, the difference in temp without the fan averaged 20-30 over ambient. Nailing her raised it close to 100. With the fan operational and thermostat set at 160, I see 2 degrees over abient at cruise and lite messing around and a max of 50 degrees at wot. Also I got to drive her a couple hundred miles yesterday and hit a fair amount of stop and go traffic. The car never ever got above 185 degrees.

I'm happy with the outcome and the owner who flew in to test drive it is stoked. The only thing that would have made this a complete win would have been one of my original HE's I used a couple years ago when I was making those kits. I seriously doubt I would have seen anything more then a 20 degree rise at full boost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done buddy.

Looks to be top shelf as always.

The Really Old: Stock 5.7 Bottom End | Lead Foot | 11.861 @ 112.76 1.63 60'
    The Old
    : Forged Arrington 6.1 | MMPG Top End | Paramount Drivetrain | 11.67
    The New:
    6.1 based 392 | 3.6L Kenne Bell | Thitek Heads | Paramount Trans/'Verter | DSS 9"/Axles/CF Driveshaft | 10.21 @134

Post Thanks / Like
    Killer!

If you are going into the CAI business make me one like the Viper Drag-Pak has.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff, Cam.

HS

vroom vroom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Well I finally got a chance to toss some millage on this set up over the last two weeks. Best part was I didn't have time to wire in the thermostat and fan prior to spring fest. Now this things runs around on a 14lb set up everyday. At cruise and part throttle boost, the difference in temp without the fan averaged 20-30 over ambient. Nailing her raised it close to 100. With the fan operational and thermostat set at 160, I see 2 degrees over abient at cruise and lite messing around and a max of 50 degrees at wot. Also I got to drive her a couple hundred miles yesterday and hit a fair amount of stop and go traffic. The car never ever got above 185 degrees.

I'm happy with the outcome and the owner who flew in to test drive it is stoked. The only thing that would have made this a complete win would have been one of my original HE's I used a couple years ago when I was making those kits. I seriously doubt I would have seen anything more then a 20 degree rise at full boost.
    Will you or someone (Erik?) please dumb this down for me, what is actually being cooled and how does this work?

The results seem to be referring to IAT's but I musta had too many vodka screwdrivers tonight... I am REALLY missing something here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw ****, nm. The coolant lines from the HE under the blower get routed to this cooler. I musta sobered up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread